Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2010, 22:43   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
Guys, the EVO X will be launched next month!!! July 2010

And during the OVERDRIVE test at coimbatore, they were seeing the fuel efficiency figures hover around 2-3 kmpl
Even a Lamborghini Murcielago with a 6.5 liter heart can return better F.E figures!
Old 20th June 2010, 23:20   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
Guys, the EVO X will be launched next month!!! July 2010

And during the OVERDRIVE test at coimbatore, they were seeing the fuel efficiency figures hover around 2-3 kmpl
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Even a Lamborghini Murcielago with a 6.5 liter heart can return better F.E figures!
I guess it's just the way one drives the car. Think about it, this is probably the only Evo X in the country that auto-journos can get their hands on at the moment. I'm sure all of them have given it a proper hiding. Lest we forget, it's changing hands faster than, well, err.. something quite inappropriate

Anyway, my point is that this car is being pushed to its limits literally all the time. It's bound to return poor F.E figures. Once the magazines give us a proper road test and once GTO/Rehaan test it, the actual combined (city+highway) driving cycle should be clear.
Old 21st June 2010, 18:00   #303
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Abusive language is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. Do NOT attempt to use inappropriate language, even indirectly.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2010 at 20:51.
WindRide is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st June 2010, 18:10   #304
Senior - BHPian

Even ZiGwheels was testing the EvoX in this weeks show. Looks like it might really be coming sooner than later!
Old 21st June 2010, 18:11   #305
BHPian

@Windride - Haha...Still better than Zigwheels Show. After reading the crap they wrote, you should have heard the stuff they said on TV.
I quote "Its like a mermaid" "Handles like a Ballerina" "Even your wife will be happy with the high-tech features inside the cabin"

Forget switching the channel, i switched off the television after hearing this stuff
Guess they werent happy with being ridiculed only in Print Media, they needed another medium as well

No wonder they were only allowed to test it on the road & NOT the track.

Last edited by Xehaust : 21st June 2010 at 18:14.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:19   #306
BHPian

I am not 100% sure but i think i saw this at the chennai mistubishi outlet, on the 1st floor. Dont know the location sorry

Edit: I was driving when i saw this, red color EVO

Last edited by quadra : 21st June 2010 at 20:21.
Old 21st June 2010, 21:33   #307
BHPian

Default Mitsubishi RVR SUV slated for India

Read this in Cars Bikes India | New Cars 2010 | New Motorcycles 2010 | Indian Auto Reviews

Certainly Mitsu is in the news a lot more than earlier. Hope that translates into launches as well.

Mitsubishi RVR Mini SUV in India: New Compact Crossover Car ! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Cheers,
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:36   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
@Windride - Haha...Still better than Zigwheels Show. After reading the crap they wrote, you should have heard the stuff they said on TV.
I quote "Its like a mermaid" "Handles like a Ballerina" "Even your wife will be happy with the high-tech features inside the cabin"

Forget switching the channel, i switched off the television after hearing this stuff
Guess they werent happy with being ridiculed only in Print Media, they needed another medium as well

No wonder they were only allowed to test it on the road & NOT the track.
Not just +1, but +100 to that. Absolute fiasco that was. An insult to the EVO, to say the least. And she had no clue of what a performance car was and what it is supposed to be good at. Man, these Auto Show people should be doing Cookery and Clothes shows. "Wife happy about hi-tech features inside the cabin.?" Don't have a word for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I am not 100% sure but i think i saw this at the chennai mistubishi outlet, on the 1st floor. Dont know the location sorry

Edit: I was driving when i saw this, red color EVO
When I visited Maya Motors, at Adayar, on the L.B.Road, which is the Mitsu show room, they said the EVO X was there few days ago and has gone back to factory for some tests. That was on 9-June-2010.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2010 at 16:43. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:55   #309
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Relax on the pricing, guys. Lets wait for Mitsubishi's official launch before debating on speculations.

That said, I am THOROUGHLY pleased at the prospect of the first true performance car to be launched in India, this side of 50 lakh rupees. This car is an icon and, whatever the price will eventually be, its atleast a start. I feel that Mitsubishi will be able to move 60 - 80 cars in the first year. Lots of true enthusiasts with a whole lot of money to spend. Personally, I'd buy an EVO X over an Audi TT or BMW Z4 any which day.
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:17   #310
BHPian

There is another option available though - the Nissan 370Z
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:49   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Relax on the pricing, guys. Lets wait for Mitsubishi's official launch before debating on speculations.

That said, I am THOROUGHLY pleased at the prospect of the first true performance car to be launched in India, this side of 50 lakh rupees. This car is an icon and, whatever the price will eventually be, its atleast a start. I feel that Mitsubishi will be able to move 60 - 80 cars in the first year. Lots of true enthusiasts with a whole lot of money to spend. Personally, I'd buy an EVO X over an Audi TT or BMW Z4 any which day.
Wholeheartedly agree with this. This car really is an icon, and Mitsubishi needs to create some excitement around the brand too.

People who can afford a car like this, and are enthusiasts, will definitely go for it.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:34   #312
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
There is another option available though - the Nissan 370Z
Ah, how could I forget! And bring (my favorite) pre-worshipped cars into the picture...you have an appetizing buffet of sportscars!! Porsche 911s, BMW Ms, 10+ year old Ferraris and more for < 50 lakhs.

Lets have more details on the EVO X (in particular, the exact price), then create a poll with all the cars in that price band. Will be one heck of a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
This car really is an icon, and Mitsubishi needs to create some excitement around the brand too.
So true. It'll definitely get some attention to the brand and, hopefully, serve as a halo car for upcoming launches.

Quote:
People who can afford a car like this, and are enthusiasts, will definitely go for it.
A good number of BHPians among them too
Old 25th June 2010, 13:45   #313
Senior - BHPian

The thread seems to have gone cold. All the enthusiasm seems to have eveporated after confirmation of the price. And rightly so. Autocar states 50 lakhs. Being privy to inside inforamtion, the automags may not be much off mark. May be 5-7 per cent variation. So even at 47 lakhs, Evo is disastrously expensive. At this price I wonder if they will be able to sell even 100 cars a year. Sure, there is no dearth of 50 lakh car buyers but they prefer BMWs and Audis, even if Evo beats them in performance department. Not every Indian is WRC participant. Mitsu should launch an Evo clown, a lookalike Lancer with existing petrol and diesel engines plonked in at 10-12 lakhs. Only then we will see some Mitsus on the road.
Old 25th June 2010, 14:16   #314
BHPian

I personally don't believe Mitsubishi, which is a volume brand, plans to bring EVO to make good profits. If they are smart, they would use the hype and image boost they get from EVO to market their other products and hence make profit. The best bet for them is to bring in the Lancer or the colt to cash in on EVO cloud. The delay in bringing EVO could be because they don't have any particular model they can push other than Outlander. But then again their dumb partner HM have a very solid and smart planning so god knows what and when anything could happen.

I just wish they bring out the new Lancer soon. Wonder if Skoda is paying HM officials!
Old 29th June 2010, 23:10   #315
oss
BHPian

Talking Evo X is here, atlast

On the way back from office this evening i crossed the Mitsubishi showroom (Maya Motors on LB Road). Normally they have a lonely Cedia on display and today i realised there was something different. When i turned to get a better look guess what i saw......

The EVO X

Yes, the Evo X was on display. It was quite late and the showroom was closed. Guess i will go early tomorrow morning and wait outside for them to open the showroom.
Closed Thread