Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st March 2008, 18:19   #1
Default What is the procedure for making a Taxi quoto vehicle to a Private vehicle?

Hi All,
A friend of mine purchased a Baleno (2002) from his relative in Bhopal. My friend intends to use it in Bangalore. However the car was purchased under taxi-quota and was used privately there in bhopal. Now that its here in Bangalore my friend wants to convert it to a private car. Does anyone have any idea of what would be the process and what taxes he has to pay here ?
He did consult some RTO brokers but they seem to extract a lot more money by cooking up stories. Someone told me that whether its a taxi or a private vehicle, you just have to pay the lifetime Road tax and its done. Can anyone shed some more light on this. If you guys know a more reliable agent, please let me know.
Pani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:04   #2
Default how to convert a private vehicle to a taxi??

Hi all,

Please some one drop lights on the formalities in converting a private vehicle to a taxi registration.The vehicle is hypothecated.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread closed. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th January 2009 at 13:07. Reason: search please
mrbmuneer is offline   Reply With Quote