Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd April 2008, 11:55   #31
BHPian

thats what i was thinking 25L would be too "low" for the indian market, thats why i wanted a confirmation.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 15:03   #32
BHPian

even if i start saving today for H3, it will take another 5-6 years to buy h3...i hope till then my Magnum keeps me happy
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:39   #33
BHPian

If I were to seriously think in 40L bracket, I would be driving A6 OR seriously looking at Volvo XC 90.

40 Lac for H3 is bit odd. GM thinks otherwise!

On a side note, I seriously think there are HEFTY charges for these auto co's while importing these vehicles into India (apart from Customs Duties)

Rumour has it that Hyundai is RE-THINKING about launching Santa Fe which is such a revelation back in US.
1-Testosterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:03   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
What Mpower said was right about the price factor... but then the Hummer is a Legend.... Everyone want to own one... ask any person who knows about cars and they would swear to you that they would love to own one... its like the easiest way to stardom..... what do u say guys? am i right or wrong?
Wrong

I hate Hummers and wouldnt even accept one as a gift (I would, sell it away to someone like you and buy a better car )

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
My god !! what a video !! Kinda shows the arrogance of those damned Americans in Iraq.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 2nd April 2008 at 20:05.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:44   #35
BHPian

guys the Hummer which we are gonna be getting is built at GM's plant in South Africa. this gives GM the cost advantage when compared to North America. The Right Hand Drive Hummer H3 is sold in the UK at 21,19,600 indian rupees. when the same car is imported to india it would be sold around the price of 25 lakhs.

nikhilb2008 wow..... dude you would be one of those elite breed of men who would say that they hate a Hummer. the world adores the Hummer. a legend for sure.
Celebrity HUMMER fans and owners include:
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California and 1st civilian HUMMER owner
  • Wayne Rooney, Footballer
  • David Beckham, Footballer & Model
  • Shaquille O'Neal, Basketballer & Model
  • Wyclef Jean, Musician
  • Ronaldinho, Footballer
  • Hugh Heffner, Playboy founder
  • Paris Hilton, Socialite
  • Dennis Rodman, Basketballer & Model
thats only a small part of the list.they all can't be wrong in choosing the Hummer . or are they all fools to buy them.

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd April 2008 at 22:50. Reason: Excessive dotting not allowed- removed
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 22:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I dont see it to be priced anywhere close to 25L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
thats what i was thinking 25L would be too "low" for the indian market, thats why i wanted a confirmation.
Here in US, H3 costs about 30-35 grands.. That s almost the same price of a Merc C-Class... I dont know much abt the pricing, but wat i observed is, the cars cost arnd 100% more than the price in US... So if we do the similar math, GM should bring the H3 for less than 28L...
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
nikhilb2008 wow..... dude you would be one of those elite breed of men who would say that they hate a Hummer. the world adores the Hummer. a legend for sure.
Celebrity HUMMER fans and owners include:
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California and 1st civilian HUMMER owner
  • Wayne Rooney, Footballer
  • David Beckham, Footballer & Model
  • Shaquille O'Neal, Basketballer & Model
  • Wyclef Jean, Musician
  • Ronaldinho, Footballer
  • Hugh Heffner, Playboy founder
  • Paris Hilton, Socialite
  • Dennis Rodman, Basketballer & Model
thats only a small part of the list.they all can't be wrong in choosing the Hummer . or are they all fools to buy them.
Actually, not a single person mentioned above is aspiring enough to blindly follow their car choices. If I had the money, whether David Beckham or Wayne Rooney or Paris Hilton *puke* had the car I was considering would be a total turn-off rather than the clinching factor.

None of the people mentioned above & I mean NONE are barometers of judgement when it comes to choice in cars. I too would not buy a Hummer.

Would prefer a Dodge Ram SRT-10 anyday!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

I too wouldn't get the Hummer. And what about the other 90% celebrities in the world who do not own a Hummer?

@ hurricane - the way you plugging the H3, me thinks you might be in the marketing / advertising team for GM, are you ?
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:07   #39
BHPian

Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA

even if i overlooked the fact that i am not a huge fan of HUMMERS and i love SUVs since i used to own one in the US, if the H3 is priced at 25L, then i would not mind considering it only because the Indian market is kind of suffering on the SUV segment. Does anyone agree???..
koolavi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Diesel H3 under 30 lacs! Time to start saving up... ill be the first one in line. Wife wanted an suv anyway!
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:48   #41
BHPian

I am one diehard fan of the Hummer pedigree! And if available in Diesel, i would surely by one! I would readily buy one for 40lks as that price is still very good for the H3 i think, Being PRACTICAL!

About the pricing, thou, i read somewhere very recently that its gonna be priced between 60lk.

Please mind, the Hummer is "luxury" vehicle. wether or not it has any luxury features in it, and hence its being aimed at that price. At 40lk for DIESEL H3, GM got me as their first customer in India! chuk the captiva and A4 and 320d plans
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:11   #42
BHPian

It looks to be rugged and sporty vehicle. I wouldn't mind owning one if I could get it at say 10L, subsidised fuel, and it gave a FE of 15km/L
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:05   #43
BANNED

i feel if GM launched their Equinox at around 25L rather than the HUmmer, it would do better sales but considering the brand image of the HUmmer in India. H3 would play the trck..

anything above 30L for the H3 is not worth. thats wht i feel.
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:39   #44
BHPian

normally_crazy ... dude u have made the right guess.....i used to work for GM India in Marketing and Sales till 2006..... now have been working with Vauxhall in London.... which again is another name for Opel in UK. I have been a big fan of GM brands..... so now its natural for me to support it....... all in all a great company to work with....
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 21:46   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
I am one diehard fan of the Hummer pedigree! And if available in Diesel, i would surely by one! I would readily buy one for 40lks as that price is still very good for the H3 i think, Being PRACTICAL!

About the pricing, thou, i read somewhere very recently that its gonna be priced between 60lk.

Please mind, the Hummer is "luxury" vehicle. wether or not it has any luxury features in it, and hence its being aimed at that price. At 40lk for DIESEL H3, GM got me as their first customer in India! chuk the captiva and A4 and 320d plans
I think u can save that 60L and go for and H2 instead, if they launch..
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote