Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 00:38   #46
BHPian
 
jalsa777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 637
Thanked: 1,044 Times
Default

even i had heard around 25 lacks....(maybe at the autocar performance show)

that seemes to be the right price
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 02:54   #47
BHPian
 
spawnofsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los angeles/Mumbai
Posts: 707
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

I dont know about 30L for the H3, the H3 is a poor excuse for a hummer, the only hummer worthy of buying is the H1 MAYBE the H2.

An SUV like this with a diesel engine is not too bad, a good price is around 17-18L, or for the same price (30L) I would buy a BMW 320D with my eyes closed.

@Hurricane : Most of the celebrities you mention that own hummers probably don't even know how many cylinders they have !!!! By no means is an H3 a status symbol.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 09:35   #48
BHPian
 
1-Testosterone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 388
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

I agree. With 30L, I would buy BMW320D with eyes closed or maybe look for all new Audi A4.
1-Testosterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 12:12   #49
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
@Hurricane : Most of the celebrities you mention that own hummers probably don't even know how many cylinders they have !!!! By no means is an H3 a status symbol.
Most of the celebrities mentioned don't even have the H3, almost all celebrities prefer the H2. The H3 hasn't infiltrated that status quo as a symbol of luxury yet. But what works for it is the fact that it carries the same name.

IMO, the H3 is not a real definition of the HUMMER brand, H1 and the Humvee are the true muscle, the H2 can be considered but it has too much luxury that takes away the charm of the brand's true ruggedness. Also almost all H2 and H3 truck are modded to an extent that they can't really be taken off road. Most common among the mods are putting the bling wheels.
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 13:09   #50
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Reston,VA
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default

I would go for the toyota landcruiser anyday over a hummer.
hondatoyotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 13:18   #51
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
I would go for the toyota landcruiser anyday over a hummer.
If I had a choice of H3 or Landcruiser, I would take the Landcruiser. But, if the choice was between the H1 and the Landcruiser, my choice would definitely be the H1.
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 17:31   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

1.Sure the H1 is an awesome vehicle but I don't think that anyone will be able to live with it on an everyday basis.

2. The H2 has a lot more presence than the H3 but its also a lot more expensive and a lot thirstier. Besides the H2 hasn't been offered as a RHD anywhere in the world, what makes you think India will get one? Besides anyone who really wants an H2 can still get it through a gray importer.

3. The H3 makes up 75% of Hummer sales which should tell you something about how much people like the H3. Hummer sales are going down 20% every month and were going down 30% every month before the H3 came along. That should tell you a bit about the popularity of big huge gas guzzling SUVs

4. Celebrities get the H2 instead of the H3 because they can afford to. Thats like saying the C Class is a crap car because all the celebrities buy an S Class.

5. The H3 may not be the best car in the world but you cannot argue with its brand value. Everyone knows what a Hummer is and everyone thinks of it as an big macho truck.

6. Remember when the H2 first came out how everyone went bananas talking about how they would never be seen dead in an H2 and it was the H1 or nothing. Now everyone is saying its the H2 or nothing and the H3 just isn't a Hummer. The H4 should be out soon and Im sure it will get similar treatment.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 17:33   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
khanak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai/Toronto
Posts: 2,734
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
If I had a choice of H3 or Landcruiser, I would take the Landcruiser.
Is the Landcruiser in the same category as the H3, price wise?
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 18:18   #54
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
1.Sure the H1 is an awesome vehicle but I don't think that anyone will be able to live with it on an everyday basis.

2. The H2 has a lot more presence than the H3 but its also a lot more expensive and a lot thirstier. Besides the H2 hasn't been offered as a RHD anywhere in the world, what makes you think India will get one? Besides anyone who really wants an H2 can still get it through a gray importer.

3. The H3 makes up 75% of Hummer sales which should tell you something about how much people like the H3. Hummer sales are going down 20% every month and were going down 30% every month before the H3 came along. That should tell you a bit about the popularity of big huge gas guzzling SUVs

4. Celebrities get the H2 instead of the H3 because they can afford to. Thats like saying the C Class is a crap car because all the celebrities buy an S Class.

5. The H3 may not be the best car in the world but you cannot argue with its brand value. Everyone knows what a Hummer is and everyone thinks of it as an big macho truck.

6. Remember when the H2 first came out how everyone went bananas talking about how they would never be seen dead in an H2 and it was the H1 or nothing. Now everyone is saying its the H2 or nothing and the H3 just isn't a Hummer. The H4 should be out soon and Im sure it will get similar treatment.

1. I travel from one end of the Emirates to the other everyday for work, and I see two H1s being driven daily although it isn't a daily driver, I even see people drive Corvettes and Aston Martins to work daily.

2. There are a few H2s available in RHD, they are converts... not factory stock, but RHDs are available.

3. The H1 is big, is a guzzler, but is the best damn HUMMER yet.

4. I never said the H3 was crap, just feel it is too much of a midget to be a HUMMER. The ride and comfort in the H3 is way better than in the H1, and you don't have to scream your words across the tranny while having a conversation.

5. The original HUMMER is a big macho truck, the H3 isn't. Sadly the cause of concern for the environs has pushed the H1 into obscurity, and with the advent of demand for smaller engines the H3 has benefited a lot.

6. Everyone may keep switching their choices, but I will always feel that the H1 is the only true HUMMER. The H3T looks pretty neat though, but it ain't a true blood HUMMER.

All the above is IMO
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 22:40   #55
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Is the Landcruiser in the same category as the H3, price wise?
The Landcruiser is slighty more expensive overall, but the 4.0L model starts at about the same rate as the H3 3.7L. Both start at around AED115,000, but the Landcruiser goes right on till AED225,000. The H3 rounds off at AED165,000
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 22:41   #56
BHPian
 
TomRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 332
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Is the Landcruiser in the same category as the H3, price wise?
Landcruiser can be compared with H2.. but not with H3...
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 23:05   #57
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Landcruiser can be compared with H2.. but not with H3...
@TomRider, in the UAE the H2 starts at AED220,000 while the LC starts at AED115,000. And size wise the H3 is probably better suited as the Landcruiser's competitor. IMO

Here is how they add up size wise... in Inches

H2 - H 79.2 W 81.2 L 203.5 WB 122.8 GC 9.7
H3 - H 73.0 W 85.6 L 188.1 WB 111.9 GC 8.5
LC - H 74.0 W 77.6 L 194.9 WB 112.2 GC 8.9

Last edited by RPMPKDMFF : 4th April 2008 at 23:12.
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 00:20   #58
BHPian
 
TomRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 332
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
@TomRider, in the UAE the H2 starts at AED220,000 while the LC starts at AED115,000. And size wise the H3 is probably better suited as the Landcruiser's competitor. IMO

Here is how they add up size wise... in Inches

H2 - H 79.2 W 81.2 L 203.5 WB 122.8 GC 9.7
H3 - H 73.0 W 85.6 L 188.1 WB 111.9 GC 8.5
LC - H 74.0 W 77.6 L 194.9 WB 112.2 GC 8.9
The Prices in the USD.
LC - 63K
H2 - 57K
H3 - 30k
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 00:26   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Awesome points Khanak, thats exactly the reason why id buy an H3 if it is priced under 30 lacs, i can never afford an H2 or H1 nor are they drivable daily to work and back in indian conditions... comparing H3 to H2s and H1s is not justified. A 320D or A4 or Prado or Montero etc etc might make more sense / value for money, but no thank you, id rather be seen in an H3

PS: This is how ill look in an Hummah (just decrease the size of the truck a bit, i know its an H2 )
Attached Images
 
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 00:50   #60
BHPian
 
RPMPKDMFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharjah
Posts: 169
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
The Prices in the USD.
LC - 63K
H2 - 57K
H3 - 30k
If that is the price of an LC out there in US, which it is, then I guess we people in the Middle East are getting a real nice deal on the LC , cause you can actually get the top end LC at around that cost.

@TomRider, I stand corrected on the US prices, but I gave what I know from my local market. cheers:
RPMPKDMFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cadillac in India byramshroff The Indian Car Scene 9 29th October 2012 16:30
Cadillac - can they make it in India? Rtech The Indian Car Scene 59 4th August 2011 15:39
GM to end Hummer after sale to Chinese buyer fails shishir_bn The International Automotive Scene 23 2nd March 2010 21:14
Eclipse vs Alpine - Low/mid end Headunits ece2k2 In-Car Entertainment 47 20th November 2009 16:14
Dont you think its time for cadillac in india: BLS? 1Day The Indian Car Scene 4 13th February 2006 17:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks