Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd February 2005, 22:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Fords service in Hubli!!!

Yesterday i called up Metro Ford (Hubli) and asked them if we could get a test drive of their latest offering, the Ford Fusion. They obliged, and told me that they would be getting the car to my place in the evening. 4pm, 5pm 6pm and nothing from Ford. Then at around 7 pm they call up, to tell me that they couldn't make it and that they would give me a call at 11 am the next day and get the car.

So today morn i was ready for the test drive by 11 am. But i recieved no phone calls from them, not even one. It's almost 10:30 pm right now, 27 hours since i last heard from them.

I've taken test drives (in Hubli) from Toyota, MUL, Tata, Hyundai, Fiat and Mahindra, but never did i come across such casual behaviour. Is Ford always like this, or is this a one off case?

With service like that, i ain't gonna risk buying a car from them.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 23:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

shan2nu why dont u throw some light on th specs of ford focus...Indian version.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 23:33   #3
BHPian

Looks like this dealer is ripe for easy picking by FIAT
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 00:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
shan2nu why dont u throw some light on th specs of ford focus...Indian version.
Will do that after i get my test drive.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd February 2005, 01:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think you will have gathered from my other posts on this forum my complete disgust with Ford's complete ineptitude in India. I had fabulous service at the showroom when I was looking to buy my Mondeo three years back. I soon discovered that the service staff are quite clueless about most things, so be warned...
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 09:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

i have to disagree, my experience were quite pleasant till date, both in kerala as well as in karanataka.
very professional with proper follow ups, good billing (with explanation) and post service follow ups.
test drive my exp again was quite opposite with the guys behind my back after just a call, even yday after 1 month of CRV purchase and informing ford, they called up n asked if i wanted a trade in for ikon with endavour
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 10:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

I guess the dealership staff makes a lot of difference, and the one here isn't capable enuf.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

well i have personally recieved very very good service from shamanford here
went for a test drive of the fusion and as ususal one of the things that ford always screws up is the dashboard quality.
lets hope the same thing doesnt happen to the built in india mondeo.
may we hope to see better quality from them but in other aspects the car is simply fantastic
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 16:32   #9
Team-BHP Support

Shan2nu,

I guess another factor is the fact that they have a new car out, so they are pretty busy and "assured" to have sales for the comming months, in their opinion.

Also, IMO its the luck of the draw.... if you speak to one intelligent and committed salesperson with a decent bussiness sense you might just get the best service...even from fiat. But good luck with that happening!! LOL

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 17:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well, in that case they should let us know about it. But we've recieved no calls.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd February 2005, 17:26   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you cant get in touch with them BEFORE you buy the Ford, chances are...you will never be able to get a hold of them AFTER your purchase.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 20:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you cant get in touch with them BEFORE you buy the Ford, chances are...you will never be able to get a hold of them AFTER your purchase.
That is my main concern. There's no telling how they must be treating their customers. My uncle has a Ikon 1.6, will have to ask him.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 3rd February 2005 at 20:33.
Old 3rd February 2005, 22:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

I had a the same expereince with a different company - a company that's made it's business here on customer satsifaction. In fact, the dealer, is also among the best you can get. (from my personal expereince).
Back in the first week of december i went to Sharayu Hyundai in Vashi for a test drive of the Getz. I checked out the car and even discussed pricing and features just to show them i was a serious potential Getz buyer! I told the salesman that i had narrowed down to 3 cars : Getz, Fusion & Palio. Surprisingly the salesman started praising the Palio and even said that technically it was a far far superior car! He even said that if the company was good in marketing they would have ruled the Indian market!
I asked him to give me a test drive but he came back telling me he did'n't have the demo car but it would be sent to me at the place and time of my convinience. They took down my address and telephone number and i asked them to send the car on a Friday.

Till today, neither have Sharayu sent the car for a test drive nor called me up to convince me to go in for the Getz.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2005, 02:53   #14
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Well this happens everywhere.
Honda - went with my parents, asked for the VTEC, no test drive car at that time, gave details and told them to send it home. Never came, never called.
Toyota - Went to seriously consider the qualis. "Will send a test drive car", no call for 3 weeks. Then at the end of the month when the dealership does their salesmen calculations the guy called me literally begging me to take a test drive, but i told him to bugger of coz i had aldready bought another car.
GM - Was weighing the Tavera against the qualis, this was a new one... they said they had a car but no driver... i asked why the hell the salesman couldnt come with me... he said "hold on" came back 5mins later and told me he would send the car after the weekend for sure. Never called, never came.

On the other hand, the skoda guys (or actually guy) was really prompt, polite, educated in the basics of the car and called whenever he said he would, and actually showed up with the car on time.....well actually no.... but atleast he called to cancel the day before.
And suprisingly i have had decent experiences with Mahindra, Tata, Hyundai, FIAT!! and Maruti.

It all depends on the luck of the draw, but for as long as we have people like we do at these showrooms (read: forever) its not gonna change much.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2005 at 02:54.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2005, 08:20   #15
Team-BHP Support

In my case, I went to see the Fusion at Metro Ford in B'lore - salesman has been ringing twice to test drive it
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote