Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th April 2008, 23:04   #1
BANNED

Default Fiat SpA Suspends Multijet Diesel Engine Production???

There is one 70 year old uncle who came up to me today. He said,"Cyrus Dikra. You told me to buy the Diesel Swift as it has the Multijet engine. But go on google and search for Multijet Engine Problems and you will find one site saying they have suspended it??? What is going on??"
I was confused and thus the first thing i did when i came home was go on Google and search for the webpage in question.

And this is what i have found!!

Fiat suspends production of 1.3 Multijet engine, impact on Feb volumes - UPDATE | Latest News | News | Hemscott

Quote:

Fiat suspends production of 1.3 Multijet engine, impact on Feb volumes - UPDATE

(adds industry source comments)
MILAN (Thomson Financial) - Fiat SpA, the Italian car maker, has suspended production of its 1.3 Multijet engine after anomalies emerged in an externally supplied component and said the suspension will have an impact on February delivery volumes.
Production was halted at the Bielsko Biala plant in Poland, where these engines are manufactured, as well as at certain production lines of the Mirafiori, Melfi, Temini Imerese, Tychy, and Bursa plants, where models with the 1.3 Multijet are produced, it said in a statement.

Fiat did not say when it expects production of the 1.3 Multijet to resume.
Industry sources said the component problem was discovered during routine quality checks during the second shift on Monday.
Fiat is not ordering any recall of cars because it does not believe any cars with the problem have left plants, it said.
It is not possible to say how much production is lost or when ongoing checks will finish, they said, adding the aim will be to make up losses]

How much of this is true and how much is humbug???
Old 5th April 2008, 23:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Swift DDiS or Palio MJD in India should have a problem. Looks like only a component is having a problem and there is no inherent design flaw in the engine as such. I doubt whether he should have any problem with Swift DDiS.

What say guys?
Old 5th April 2008, 23:43   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I don't think Swift DDiS or Palio MJD in India should have a problem. Looks like only a component is having a problem and there is no inherent design flaw in the engine as such. I doubt whether he should have any problem with Swift DDiS.

What say guys?
Lets hope so. This is the only car i tell people to buy when they ask me what they should buy!!
Old 5th April 2008, 23:57   #4
BHPian

This is already discussed here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post755607 (Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi)

@MODS: Please merge or close this thread.
Old 6th April 2008, 00:03   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
OOPS Didnt see that in the thread. @ Mods. Shut these thread and delete this post if required.

Thank you.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 6th April 2008 at 00:05.
Closed Thread