Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 20th April 2008, 02:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default tata indica Silhouette orginal fotos

[/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Came across this article. Didn't want to start a new thread as I was not convinced with it. Does anyone have any info on it.

Tata Indica Silhouette concept : 330 PS 3.5 liter V6

Attachment 9667

The Tata Indica Silhouette concept car is unlike what youíd expect an Indica to be. This is not a budget city car with a tiny engine, but rather a track monster powered by a 3.5 liter V6 mounted at the rear of the car, powering the rear wheels as well. This setup instantly reminds us of the Renault Clio V6, but this isnít exactly a production road car.

The 3.5 liter V6 engine (a race-ready version of the Renault-Nissan VQ engine) produces 330 PS at 7.000rpm and sends the 850kg Tata Indica Silhouette barrelling down the roads up to the 100km/h mark in just 4.5 seconds, up to a top speed of 270km/h. The engine is mated to a 6-speed sequential gearbox.

The 2-seater car is built on a space frame steel chassis made with aeronautical steel and uses the engine as a stress member. The Golf GTI W12-650 uses an adjustable progressive rate pneumatic suspension system. For track duties, it has a data logging system and a high-accuracy GPS unit.
So in reality this isnít exactly an Indica adapted to fit a V6 in the rear, but a space frame and an engine with a shell made to look like an Indica put on top of it, much like R3ís

Source : Tata at Paul Tan's Automotive News
dude am posting some of the orginal Silhouette fotos which i managed to get enjoy it its really amazing
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 06:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
x-over looked terrific in spite of it being on the estate base.
The TATA Estate was a Handsome car to start with. Had Tata given the TL 4X4 underpinnings to it, they would have had a product which would not only turn heads but also sold a lot.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 08:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

It strikes me that Tata is about to have too many vehicles overlapping each other in the same market niche, Safari, Sumo Grande and Xover. These will tend to steal market from each other. And, XTata, Xwhen Xwill Xyou Xproduce the Xsmall Xrugged 5-6 Xseater Xsuv with Xfour Xwheel Xdrive that I Xhave Xbeen Xwaiting for? Xam I Xgetting Xthru to you? IF you don't do it Xsoon it will be Xover between us. Am I speaking your Xlanguage?
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 09:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

TATA wont be worried about the number of products they have in the same price bracket but maybe the dealers would be.Keeping stock of all these variants would incur huge investment.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 16:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
TATA wont be worried about the number of products they have in the same price bracket but maybe the dealers would be.Keeping stock of all these variants would incur huge investment.
ram
Considering the ridiculous stock that has to be maintained by TATA dealers, they will have a tough time clearing them. I remember when we struggled to shift loads of low-demand TATA models , which was generously dumped into the forecourt by the regional stockyard. It was a nightmare.
coloneljasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 16:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Default Cow stuff

In the West these are known as air dams or ground effects. In India they are call cow poo dams or alternate bio-fuel collectors.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 16:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Shame on us!! Tata is about to launch the Xover and we still dont have a spy pic??

Seriously, I dont think they are launching this any time soon. Atleast, they are not testing it over here in India. So could be just for the overseas market?
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 21:00   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
It strikes me that Tata is about to have too many vehicles overlapping each other in the same market niche, Safari, Sumo Grande and Xover. These will tend to steal market from each other. And, XTata, Xwhen Xwill Xyou Xproduce the Xsmall Xrugged 5-6 Xseater Xsuv with Xfour Xwheel Xdrive that I Xhave Xbeen Xwaiting for? Xam I Xgetting Xthru to you? IF you don't do it Xsoon it will be Xover between us. Am I speaking your Xlanguage?
Tell Suzuki that first!

Quote:
ram
I doubt. Dont Suzuki dealers stock a lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Shame on us!! Tata is about to launch the Xover and we still dont have a spy pic??

Seriously, I dont think they are launching this any time soon. Atleast, they are not testing it over here in India. So could be just for the overseas market?
I would say good job with keeping the project a secret. Small world eh?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 22:09   #39
BHPian

awesome pics of the silhoutte ther foby...!
wher did u snap these pictures???
the silhoutte was developed by Jayem automotives of coimbatore, right?
Auto freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 22:10   #40
BHPian

both tata and MM still don/t have what it takes to go against toyota.. we can talk about these cars for ever but one thing that clearly makes toyota what it is today is the company's faith in their production system. i am sure with time both tata and MM will bring their design systems and mfg methodologies on par with the likes of Toyota or Honda. Till then we can be happy with the defects in our safaris or scorpios.
chaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 02:51   #41
BHPian

Default Pics of Xover concept

Some photos of Xover concept vehicle.
Attached Images

nijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But we do have. Check this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post704583

Quote:
It's supposed be a global launch this time. So you can expect it in India around the same time it's launched in Europe.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:46   #43
BHPian

Interesting to note how close to the concept the real thing looks!

Although the styling seems to have been borrowed liberally from the Innova, the overall look is much more 'butch' and rugged. Plus, the host of features and accessories planned should make the Crossover a benchmark in its own right
swale84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:55   #44
BHPian

Autocar May issue has the Spy photos (Provided by Tuksy?) and artistic Impression. It is will take Innova in India. I wish it matches Innova's build quality.
TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:26   #45
BHPian

Please post scans if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Autocar May issue has the Spy photos (Provided by Tuksy?) and artistic Impression. It is will take Innova in India. I wish it matches Innova's build quality.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote