Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st April 2008, 14:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
I guess the design house was initially inspired by the BMW mini cooper. All of them look so similar.

VBV
that's it. full stop.
RakishRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 15:27   #17
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Both the cars are different in their own ways. Due to the design similarities, one may mistake them for it to be from a similar platform or so.

But those who think the Fabia is way bigger than the Swift has to rethink and do a proper comparison. The Fabia definitely gives an impression of being very big in first glance.
The post was about comparing only the design aspects of the cars,was wondering if anyone could shed light on the design house(s) for the two cars,
I agree with speedzak, the swift is infact wider than the fabia(and OT i find the dash design of the fabia especially the stereo and HAVC controls, well 20th century-though quality is top notch).

Even though both may be a copy of the mini, wonder how they look similar to each other than they do to the original.Also as i am sticking my neck out i feel the Swift is the better proportioned car.

to reinforce

Name:  SkodaFabia_2007_01.jpg
Views: 1725
Size:  122.3 KB Name:  suzukiswift.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  13.3 KB

same A and B pillars/door handles/ORVM placements/'slab sided' wings/C pillar angulation/even the windshield rake and size/similar shoulder lines

well they compare better to each other in theses features than the Mini(except for the A/B pillars)..more over in this age of individuality what two manufaturers will design very important models to look alike.The point being- is there a 'secret' to their design similarities?.is the Skoda a 'stretched' Swift?!!

Have booked an appointment with the chiropractor-let the 'bashing' begin!
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:33   #18
BHPian

Well, I have something that is absolutely same between the two cars.

BOTH SUCK!
DileepKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:06   #19
BHPian

Yes the Fabia and the Swift do look similar from the window frames, the A and the B pillar. But thats only restricted upto it. Design wise both the cars are totally different. Just by the exterior looks the Fabia does appear to be longer than the Swift. However, hows it from the interior is the question. Atleast the Swift is cramped dont know about Fabia.
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post

BOTH SUCK!
People should stop making such generic baseless comments in this forum. If there is a basis to make such comments it needs to be spelt out clearly.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:11   #21
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post

BOTH SUCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
People should stop making such generic baseless comments in this forum. If there is a basis to make such comments it needs to be spelt out clearly.
i completely agree with DieselFan. Can you justify/elaborate on the statement you made DileepKS ?
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:24   #22
BANNED

Both Fabia & Swift look like a frog about to leap. Maybe DileepKS doesn't like frogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
i completely agree with DieselFan. Can you justify/elaborate on the statement you made DileepKS ?
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:26   #23
BHPian

Looks wise i find both of them definitely very different. Fabia looks a little more stretched. Besides I find swift a lot more sportier. my personal favorite.
but comparing the specs

SWIFT DIMENSIONS (swift website)
Overall Length 3,695mm Overall Width 1,690mm Overall Height 1,530mm Wheelbase 2,390mm Track Front
Rear 1,470mm
1,480mm Ground Clearance 170mm Minimum Turning radius 4.7 metres Luggage Capacity 232 litres (with seatback raised)
368 litres (with seatback folded)

Fabia Dimensions (l/w/h) 4232/1646/1449mm

As the body size comparison clearly shows swift is shorter and less wider but taller than fabia. The basic skeleton may have similarities but the final look differs.
For more detailed comparison check
The new Skoda Fabia - Feel Special
RADHIKADAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Some similarities YES. But same NO. Park them besides each other and the differences would be obvious.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 02:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADHIKADAS View Post
Looks wise i find both of them definitely very different. Fabia looks a little more stretched. Besides I find swift a lot more sportier. my personal favorite.
but comparing the specs

SWIFT DIMENSIONS (swift website)
Overall Length 3,695mm Overall Width 1,690mm Overall Height 1,530mm Wheelbase 2,390mm Track Front
Rear 1,470mm
1,480mm Ground Clearance 170mm Minimum Turning radius 4.7 metres Luggage Capacity 232 litres (with seatback raised)
368 litres (with seatback folded)

Fabia Dimensions (l/w/h) 4232/1646/1449mm

As the body size comparison clearly shows swift is shorter and less wider but taller than fabia. The basic skeleton may have similarities but the final look differs.
For more detailed comparison check
The new Skoda Fabia - Feel Special
4232! That is as much as most sedans!
The correct Fabia dimensions are: (l/w/h) 3992x1642x1513
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote