Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 27th June 2008, 00:46   #121
BHPian

I hope Fiat is finally sees some "linear" growth!

Its their last attempt! I think more than pricing, the perceptions need to be changed... Their products are by far one of the best wrt ride, handling, performance and ergonomics...

The rest time would tell...

A friend who works as an analyst in the auto ancillary industry suggests that the car is slated for a late july/august launch for sure....

Infact, Fiat has done some good tie-ups with banks etc to reach out well to the consumers...
Old 27th June 2008, 01:50   #122
BHPian

Ok, hoping an expert can tell us, why do some cars have this bottom heavy look, ie look at the Civic or Accord and look at the Linea, the Civic or Accord is balanced in a straight line, the overall look is composed, streamlined and proportional, nothing looks out of place like its designed to be a sedan.

The Linea seems to incline downwards with the back sticking out awkwardly, is it because its not designed to be a sedan but has been extended from a hatchback platform? I find this look a bit weird actually and lots of cars have it.
Old 27th June 2008, 03:26   #123
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Could the e2-18 be a 1.8ltr petrol engine and the e2-19 be the 1.9 diesel engine.
If they are selling the palio hatch with a 1.6ltr petrol engine ,im sure they will atleast put in a 1.8ltr petrol engine in their sedan.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:08   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Ok, hoping an expert can tell us, why do some cars have this bottom heavy look, ie look at the Civic or Accord and look at the Linea, the Civic or Accord is balanced in a straight line, the overall look is composed, streamlined and proportional, nothing looks out of place like its designed to be a sedan.

The Linea seems to incline downwards with the back sticking out awkwardly, is it because its not designed to be a sedan but has been extended from a hatchback platform? I find this look a bit weird actually and lots of cars have it.
I'm not an expert. I can explain from a lay man's view. If you look at linea, civic and accord all from side side, you will realize that the tails are equally heavy/light (whatever you would call). The window arch makes each one look different. According to me, accord and linea have similar rear windows arch and boot merging. Civic has rear window at almost same height as front window, while linea and accord have slightly narrower rear window, making the rear body part look heavier.

I find rear heavy looking design more sporty than those uniform ones. But Civics front sharp pointed nose and groovy tail make all the difference.

You can take a look at the pictures:

If linea picture had also been taken from a similar angle, with camera being at a good height, as was the case of the accord picture, both the cars would have got almost equal rear portion, except for the linea's extra window extension.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:14   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Could the e2-18 be a 1.8ltr petrol engine and the e2-19 be the 1.9 diesel engine.
If they are selling the palio hatch with a 1.6ltr petrol engine ,im sure they will atleast put in a 1.8ltr petrol engine in their sedan.
You are talking about palio sports. Otherwise, they have 1.1. By the way, if Linea comes with the 1.4 TJet petrol, 1.6 in palio sports would be nothing (both in terms of performance and fuel efficiency).
Old 27th June 2008, 10:25   #126
BHPian

any update on pricing / price range? last I heard it was slated to be around the 7 - 10 mark for different variants
Old 27th June 2008, 13:07   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
I've been waiting for two cars from a very long time.
one is fabia which has disappointed me a lot
and the second is this. hope atleast this makes me feel good
You are right.I personally think that the old fabia sedan would have done much better in india and its a better car too.
Old 27th June 2008, 14:00   #128
BHPian

I expect the price would be approximately from 8 - 10L. After reading more and more about the vehicle, I have put my current purchase decision on hold and decided to wait a month or two for the Linea launch... the car really seems exciting and if priced right with a choice of features would be a rage in the C segment.
Old 27th June 2008, 14:04   #129
BHPian

Folks check out the below link on the Autocar preview of the car in Turkey.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 27th June 2008, 14:26   #130
BHPian

Folks, this site has one of the best reviews of the linea.... once you open the page, use the links at the top to navigate to the different sections.

italiaspeed.com: FIAT LINEA
Old 27th June 2008, 16:12   #131
BHPian

Folks after doing some research on the net and converting Turkish Lira to INR, the difference between each of the models of the Linea is around Rs. 86,000
There are 3 models:
Active, Dynamic and Emotion.... each of the models has a price difference of Rs. 86,000 (If you stick to the same engine option), it's to be seen if FIAT maintains the similar pricing here too, and we'll also have to wait and see what would be the base price.
The below URL contains the LINEA catalog with each of the models specified and the features available in each. All in all I'd say a car definitely worth waiting for.

http://www-us.italmotors.com.ua/file...tech_linea.pdf
Old 27th June 2008, 17:24   #132
BHPian

Hey, Thanks for that explanation opendro. I thought it would be limited to hatchback sedans like Linea and SX4 but surprised to see Accord has a bit of it too. I guess the Civic back window slope design is 'balancing' it. But in some pics Linea looks much more than inclined upwards towards the back than this one.
Old 28th June 2008, 02:06   #133
BHPian

Just to add to the anticipation and excitement :-

Fantastic shots of the Linea, lovely environment and great background score. Now thats what I call a proper car advert. Its like poetry in motion. Cant wait for the launch, but with some good engines and great pricing hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by roms : 28th June 2008 at 02:15.
Old 28th June 2008, 17:40   #134
BHPian

Default Yes it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Just to add to the anticipation and excitement :-

Fantastic shots of the Linea, lovely environment and great background score. Now thats what I call a proper car advert. Its like poetry in motion. Cant wait for the launch, but with some good engines and great pricing hopefully. Fingers crossed.
Nice find. A true car ad showing features of THE car. Kudos to the ad company.
Old 1st July 2008, 15:39   #135
BHPian

Hi All, the Fiat India homepage, Fiat India shows Bravo, 500 in their model line-up, and Linea and Grande Punto among the Future Models.
Something's cooking, and that too fast, at Fiat for sure
Closed Thread