Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th May 2008, 19:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Like the others said - you should definitely go by the rules. And don't be in a hurry - if the person can't wait there are enough options today. Better safe than sorry vrooooooom.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 11:52   #17
BHPian

Thank you everyone with all your inputs. After some discussion with the owner, here is what the situation is now.
The owner had submitted the documents on 7th of March at the RTO. But the previous owner (1st owner)had a loan which he pre-closed before selling. So starting from getting the NOC and some other approvals from the Finance Company (based out in Mumbai), the process actually kicked off after a month. Now the seller said that he has got the particulars from the RTO this week, which states that the car has been transfered on his name. He is expecting to get the smart card (RC) by end of this week or beginning of the next week. I told him that I am ready to buy it, though I am waiting for my loan to get approved. Once its approved, I will give him a token money and once he gets the Smart Card we will close the deal. I know "Haste is Waste".
Thanks again for all your inputs.
vrooooooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 12:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
What make is this car & how much is he expecting for it ?
Its a Baleno LXi(2004 end model).
Its not a stock car. Has a couple of modifications. But bottom line - it hits 210kmph and is very quick(keeping in mind that the stock Baleno is itself very quick). My friend is quite a celebrity. He bought this car and modified it. He had no plans to sell it. But recently he has got a Evo 6 for himself. It has reached Chennai. Thats the reason why he is selling this car.

I will post further details and post the pics, once I close the deal

Hopefully I would finally make it to the esteem Baleno club.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:21   #19
Team-BHP Support

its better to wait for the RC book to arrive before closing the deal.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 17:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
its better to wait for the RC book to arrive before closing the deal.
I completely agree now.