Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 14:10   #151
BHPian
 
team suzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: *****
Posts: 144
Thanked: Once
Default

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Personal Attacks are STRICTLY prohibited on this community. A clean protocol is absolutely imperative keeping our varied audience in mind.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th May 2008 at 14:41.
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 15th May 2008, 14:11   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I dont think maruti has done anything else in Dzire apart from adding a boot.
But dont worry, the car is still the best in its segment and is superb VFM.
It depends, for me Logan is VFM & best in its segment!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 14:12   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
That is because the overall percentage of ppl who can afford cars in this segment has now dramatically increased in the last few years. The sale of most of the cars (irrespective of the manufacturer) has increased from the past.
I am not talking just SX4 numbers, this was an example... overall sales have only increased for Maruti so where have the sales shrunk?
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 19:13   #154
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I think you better check it with the dealer, because I have driven both Swift ZXI & SX4 ZXI at 120 kmph taking my hand out of steering and it does goes in a straight line and can be driven in a single hand with greater control. I was having problems with the Swift at cornering in slow speeds where I have to put more effort on the steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
I dont know whether EPS is faulty or not,but i really feel diffident to do good speeds on my vdi.I don get the necessary feedback above 90.Even verna (2007 may model) i have the steerin plays a lot at high speed.But verna is not having eps,i believe.In both cases i hold tightly to the steering at high speeds.It feels like if you make slight move the car will go out of control.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 19:19   #155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 173 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
.

As you said that the Swift is already highly priced, dont you think increasing it even further will show its effects on the sales.
Personally speaking, if Maruti were to increase the price of Swift any more now, I would be more than willing to spend my money on Getz.

If Maruti increases the price of swift to improve their quality and in that case if you would go for Getz may i know the reason for it other than the price factor? Is it because Getz is far better in terms of quality when compared to swift? If the answer is yes then this is what GTO is trying to say or make it clear in this thread.
Torque123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 16:13   #156
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 471
Thanked: 266 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I tell you, that boot lid is made out of hardened tissue paper.
That made me laugh for a while. Dezire Owners pardon me. I did not mean to hurt any one. That only speaks about the ways and means the manufacturers use to get the cost reduced.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 16th May 2008 at 16:14.
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 17:00   #157
BHPian
 
ankit.jhamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 574
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

another way of cost reduction

discontinuation of the keyless entry feature--cost approx rs 5500,
they are not reducing the car price by that amt.
hence the price of car in money terms goes up by 5500 rs
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 17:30   #158
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 689
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I tell you, that boot lid is made out of hardened tissue paper.
NO wonder Dzire is only ~30Kg heavier than its hatchback sibling.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 19:23   #159
BHPian
 
GTO - Touring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 713
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
If Maruti increases the price of swift to improve their quality and in that case if you would go for Getz may i know the reason for it other than the price factor? Is it because Getz is far better in terms of quality when compared to swift? If the answer is yes then this is what GTO is trying to say or make it clear in this thread.
Unfortunately, it is human tedency to believe that better quality comes at a high price. The Swift & SX4 have a sufficient margin (buffer) for Maruti to increase the overall quality by 10%, without an impact on its price.
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 22:07   #160
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,638 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian
That made me laugh for a while. Dezire Owners pardon me. I did not mean to hurt any one. That only speaks about the ways and means the manufacturers use to get the cost reduced.
What is there to laugh about, Seran Manian ? It is a boot after-all. Does it have to be tank like? I don't know. My Baleno's boot-lid is also lightweight. Anyway, what is the golden-bootlid with which you are doing the comparo ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 23:41   #161
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hii
Shocked to read about so many complaints about M U L
I own swift DDIS which has clocked 10600kms rattles yes
but am very much happy with response of my mean machine, overtaking not a problem at all(in my previous car TATA i had to plan and press the accelerator hard and then after some seconds the engine used to respond and zoom)
I use synthetic oil and have upgraded my rubber (185/70 r14)
am satisfied with my mean machine inturn M U L

Note from mod: Excessive smileys removed. Please go through the rules section before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 18th May 2008 at 15:24. Reason: DO NOT USe more than 2 smileys per post
fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 14:05   #162
BHPian
 
vasu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bhopal-Indore
Posts: 54
Thanked: Once
Thumbs up

I also agree with you GTO sir.Really now people should think before buying a Maruti.
vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 15:41   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
ported_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I think you better check it with the dealer, because I have driven both Swift ZXI & SX4 ZXI at 120 kmph taking my hand out of steering and it does goes in a straight line and can be driven in a single hand with greater control. I was having problems with the Swift at cornering in slow speeds where I have to put more effort on the steering.
AFAIK, the EPS does not assist at speeds above 60 kmph.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 15:51   #164
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,753
Thanked: 7,478 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
AFAIK, the EPS does not assist at speeds above 60 kmph.
40 kph rather, switches off rather. Then on its the direct rack n pinion doing the job.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2008, 16:53   #165
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,427 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Unfortunately, it is human tedency to believe that better quality comes at a high price. The Swift & SX4 have a sufficient margin (buffer) for Maruti to increase the overall quality by 10%, without an impact on its price.
We live in world's largest democracy, so Maruti has the right to build cars in a way and price them or have buffer for profits. And we are free to buy what we feel is value for money. Swift/SX4 fullfill the needs of many indians are they find it very good VFM ( Value For Money ), so they go for it.

Having said that, I would not shy away from adding the point that the things can be improved. The point here is Improvement is a WANT and not a NECESSACITY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What is there to laugh about, Seran Manian ? It is a boot after-all. Does it have to be tank like? I don't know. My Baleno's boot-lid is also lightweight. Anyway, what is the golden-bootlid with which you are doing the comparo ?
Good question. Even our Baleno boot lid is quite light weight. But the hood (bonnet) of Baleno is quite heavy and I was literally surprised the first time I lifted the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
AFAIK, the EPS does not assist at speeds above 60 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
40 kph rather, switches off rather. Then on its the direct rack n pinion doing the job.
At 40kmph, the ESP will cut off and not 60kmph.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reliability and hassle-free ownership: Perceptions of popular car brands on Team-bhp RadiantKarma The Indian Car Scene 115 27th August 2016 18:58
BMW India 2012 and premium small cars and perceptions! S350L-E240 The Indian Car Scene 22 16th September 2011 16:55
Skewed perceptions, biased, preconceived notions towards Hyundai cars.Why? mclaren1885 The Indian Car Scene 222 9th September 2009 13:20
Camera Phone Problem : People's perceptions lead to big trouble. aaggoswami Shifting gears 30 17th June 2009 06:32
NANO effect and EURO effect in Small Car market allwheeldrive The Indian Car Scene 8 15th June 2009 22:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks