Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Does your SX4 rattle ?
Absolutely no rattles at all. 42 31.58%
Just one or two rattles - nothing serious. 48 36.09%
Quite some rattles - irritating and cannot be ignored. 25 18.80%
The whole damn car rattles. 18 13.53%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd September 2009, 22:47   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Good Analysis Maglev

Regarding CNG/LPG - A colleague in my office actually went ahead and fitted a kit in his SX4 as a trial (but did not get the hole drilled in the body). He faced issues and had to have the kit removed. He was a satisfied user of the CNG in his earlier Santro, but the fitter mentioned the SX4 just does not do that well on the same fuel, maybe things have not improved - this was 1.5 years back.

Ask your friend, which CNG kit did he get?? because since the Chinese invasion in the CNG kit business, the prices of kits have dropped significantly. The prices for a CNG kit nowadays vary from anywhere between 15 to 65k. Also most cars nowadays have more electronics hence the CNG kit requires additional components such as an Advancer, Electronic Lambda, etc.
The Ideal kit for the SX4 with the additional components should cost upwards of 50K at the Maruti dealership.

My personal advice based on experience would be to go in for the genuine maruti approved OE kit installed by the dealer because at the time of installation they remap the ECU as well or it should be bought & installed from a reputable CNG kit dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Regarding pastic clips vs screws, yes do agree with you to an extent this is also the reason my tata safari rattles, they have too many clips (most of which break on refitment of any part and orginal clips are not easily available and the aftermarket ones break even sooner.) The safari doors rattle on this account. I guess from your snaps this holds true for the SX4 as well.

The clips are generally not available at the Service Centers. Instead you can easily find them at the showroom. Since the car dealer install's accessories at the showroom they end up snapping many a clips. Hence your best bet to find these would be a TATA Showroom Instead of a TATA Service Center.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:28   #62
BHPian

Wow! Where are those people who had rattling issues in their SX4? The poll shows otherwise, 20% have serious to "not ignorable" rattling issues, the rest have almost NIL issues.
bond_bhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:03   #63
BHPian

Yes and even of the 20% that think there are serious rattles, I am not sure how many actually own an SX4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Wow! Where are those people who had rattling issues in their SX4? The poll shows otherwise, 20% have serious to "not ignorable" rattling issues, the rest have almost NIL issues.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 15:41   #64

My SX4's a new version. done just 300kms, no rattles yet.
mangywarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 22:53   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Long time since I got here. Close to 75% of SX4 owners either have no rattles or don't find it serious enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking
Its my belief, if it is Maruti, it has to rattle. Doesnt matter if it is GV also.
This thread is not about "beliefs" - it is about actual experience. For 'beliefs', you have other forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez
Can't see why anyone would want to "create a perception" that the SX4 is a bad car. People have better things to do than that.
Sure, but when you know that some of the members who say that the rattling is bad as hell, dont even own an SX4 (a pre-condition to vote on this thread), surely they seem to lack "better things to do".
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 23:51   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Long time since I got here. Close to 75% of SX4 owners either have no rattles or don't find it serious enough.

This thread is not about "beliefs" - it is about actual experience. For 'beliefs', you have other forums.

Sure, but when you know that some of the members who say that the rattling is bad as hell, dont even own an SX4 (a pre-condition to vote on this thread), surely they seem to lack "better things to do".
yes, it rattles.. or no ,it doesn't. So ?
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 23:56   #67
BHPian

done 23000+ kms, no serious rattles so far.
drbabuanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:14   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Found this interesting- Just went through the profiles. None of those who have voted for "The whole damn car rattles." seem to own the SX4. (Did i miss anything?). And only one for "Quite some rattles - irritating and cannot be ignored.".

Only one person finds SX4 rattles to be a problem?

Note- Assuming all those who own SX4 and voted against have it updated on their profiles.
PS- Currently, i didn't have better things to do.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:31   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking
Only an auto enthusiast is so bothered about rattling.
Yeah, sort of like many of us who would rather pee on our pants than see our bikes leaking oil a la the Bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
yes, it rattles.. or no ,it doesn't. So ?
Mr.Matrix, one life, why so cryptic ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 07:25   #70
BHPian

No rattling from the car even after completing 10k. The only rattling noise is from the body kit, that too when we cross 100, since the one on the right is slightly loose. Not got the time to have it fixed
raghu.t.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:02   #71
BHPian

The question is somegthing like

1 . Does your baby cry.???
2. If yes .. does it cry louder than mine..?

My two cents,

The build quality, the plastics used by most indian car maker's across their range of vehicles is nearly the same.

In the higher end cars they use more of dampening material as compared to the lower end cars.

But this still does not stop the vibration and other noises, on account of road conditions etc.

More importantly, with quality controls in place, it is impossible that a few units have a perfect rattle free build and majority of them have issues related to vibration/rattles etc.

There are a lot of factors contibuting to a rattle free car and in present conditions, IMHO this is all in the mind.

Like they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

cheers!
shivshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:07   #72
BANNED

50k kms on the ODO in 2 years, the big boy rattles, squeaks, the tryre noise is killing - recently it was changed to bridgestone. But having said that it has served the family like a slave and at 50k kms still drinks a steady 10 ~ 11. No up and no down (AC always on). Do i see any major changes in its driving dynamics (if any) - no, not really. The engine is still the same sounds and works the same it did 2 years ago.

The biggest problem i have with the vehicle is the front quarter glass. People say you get used to it, true, but there are times when its a hindrance. When am driving in the night/rain, and want to take a right turn specially, i have a huge blind spot.I feel uncomfortable maneuvering it in such turns as i unlike other cars. Having said that, it has served the family like a slave. This car is driven by a assorted people - right from driver to me / wife / bro-in-law and the elders in the family. Its served like a slave and i don't complaint.
srikanths1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:11   #73
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

In most of the polls in the teambhp forum , the voting and views which are on the negetive aspects are by the ones's who dont own that brand of car or have never driven it.
So its difficult to judge in this case of SX4 that there are rattles which owners are facing , as most of them seem to be happy with their SX4
Fabiaous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:19   #74

Default Rattles started at 500 Kms on new SX4 VVT

Hi People, In my initial 300 Kms there were no rattles or squeaks, however at 500 Kms they are showing up. From Beneath the dashboard, from the rear seating area, centre console, LHS door panel, driver and co driver seats. Thinking of taking my car directly to the Maruti workshop tomorrow.
mangywarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 06:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangywarez View Post
Hi People, In my initial 300 Kms there were no rattles or squeaks, however at 500 Kms they are showing up. From Beneath the dashboard, from the rear seating area, centre console, LHS door panel, driver and co driver seats. Thinking of taking my car directly to the Maruti workshop tomorrow.

What kind of rattling? could you describe the sounds.

Have you stuffed your dashboard with a lot of stuff? if so, it could be the cause of the rattles.

From your post it seems like you got a lemon (Rattles almost everywhere), have it checked and do update on the forum.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote