Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 10th November 2008, 10:40   #46
BHPian

ecksreturns i'm afraid that you are not going to find much success in finding a vRS now. And as navdeep said that abhinav got one of the last piece so its evident.

However if you can wait for a while then skoda might release updated engines with the face lift of laura. And if we are lucky enough then we might get the 2.0L TFSI engine which is the current version of international vRS.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
all the best dude.i hope you find one.
try calling up the skoda plant and talk to the sales VP or some senior manager over there.
you might have some influential contact there.
why don't you get the new octavia VRS shipped down here.it should cost you in the region of 25 lakhs here.
else you can wait for the evo 10 to drop in anytime now.probably above 30 lakhs.maybe even 35 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
@Karan
any thoughts of pimpin a 1.8 rider?
Found a red vRS brand new. Searching for a black/yellow one.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:48   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post

However if you can wait for a while then skoda might release updated engines with the face lift of laura. And if we are lucky enough then we might get the 2.0L TFSI engine which is the current version of international vRS.
I think they should introduce an RS version of the Jetta with a turbo charged petrol engine.
Old 10th November 2008, 22:41   #49
BHPian

According to Skoda India Chairman Reinhard Jung " This is (Octavia) one of the most important projects in India and a chance to bring a successor in that range. There is a market opportunity in the space between Fabia and the Laura, especially for notchbacks, But we are not sure how to go about it". Autocar Nov 2008 Issue.

I am sure this statement from Skoda chairman is true - there may not be any new models in the line, to replace Octiava. Skoda has only a few number of models - they are very slow in coming up with new models since their inception. So they are still not sure about what they are supposed to with Octavia. :-)
Old 10th November 2008, 23:05   #50
BHPian

By the way they are reducing the price of laura and bringing it down in the segment, the octavia might be discontinued sometime. Moreover the car has been in the market for a fair enough time.
Old 10th November 2008, 23:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

I think that here Skoda's parent VW should step in.
Octavia was a car with which Skoda began its relatively successful Indian innings.
Octavia is surely out of date.
VW must now discontinue Octavia and give it a diginfied goodbye.
There will be mainly two options available for VW then.

1) Reduce prices of Laura. To have short term benefits, they continued selling both A4 and A5 based Octavia. Now they have to let go Octavia.
And also bring Skoda Superb with a low cost and 2.0 160 bhp diesel at the cost of preset laura.

2) VW should launch sedan based on PQ25/A05 that is utilized for Ibiza 08. Fabia is based on PQ24/A04. This will fill the gap between Laura and Fabia.
Old 11th November 2008, 00:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Found a red vRS brand new. Searching for a black/yellow one.
Where is it available?
chandigarh or anywhere else?
Old 11th November 2008, 10:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
By the way they are reducing the price of laura and bringing it down in the segment, the octavia might be discontinued sometime. Moreover the car has been in the market for a fair enough time.
I believe they should do a face-lift with Octavia like they did with Laura (yet to be launched) and Superb, instead of discontinuing. Octavia is a successful car across the globe, which should go for several generations.
Old 11th November 2008, 10:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Indigenious more parts & reduce cost. The car is a workhorse & can take on many many miles without any major problems. All it needs is regular oil change & service.
If the service cost comes to within 3 to 4 k - me thinks there would be lots of takers.

Cheers
Old 11th November 2008, 15:24   #55
BHPian

wow thats really surprising ecksreturns that you found a brand new vRS. If incase you are not interested in red then could you please pass me the details of this car. A friend of mine might be interested and i mean deadly interested!!

all the best with your search..
Closed Thread