Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th February 2005, 22:22   #1

Question Budget and Car prices

Hi,

In the forthecoming Indian Budget, will Indian Car prices will increase, decrease or remain same.

What does experts over here think. Any indication

Cheers
gutsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2005, 23:12   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy
Hi,

In the forthecoming Indian Budget, will Indian Car prices will increase, decrease or remain same.

What does experts over here think. Any indication

Cheers
heard customs will decrease. any one has idea abt thailand-india pact on import stuff?
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2005, 23:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

taxes on cars in delhi will increse after april.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 00:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Although it really doesn't affect me, i am hoping that the fuel prices remain stable! i am sure that for most indians that's a big headache.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 09:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey guys will the prices decrease because if they do the optra falls into my budget
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2005, 08:02   #6

I was reading an article in ET:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1020043.cms

As per them, the prices may go down. But the question is will the companies pass on the benefit to customers.

Also, there are news that due to VAT, companies may hike prices to dealers to compensate them.

Its overall confusing that what will happen, i have to decide by now... whether I am buying today or next month
gutsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2005, 10:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

basicaly the prices will be the same right
lower the prices, pay the VAT
will it affect the city or the optra
Old 21st February 2005, 10:53   #8
BHPian

Now you guys have got me in another dilemma - whether to go for the Baleno now (with 60K discount) or wait till after the budget. My gut feeling is that it is better for me get it now, since I doubt if the price cuts will exceed the discount I'm getting. Any suggestions anyone??

~sonic
sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 11:53   #9
BHPian

Guys, budget's a fast approaching! Any feelers or insider info?? Are car prices going down or up?

~Sonic
Old 23rd February 2005, 20:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

spoke to guy from navnit motors.
he said that the prices will go down and even maruti is delaying the dispatching more of the E3 baleno till then as the dealers will then go in for a loss so i suggest you get an E3 baleno then...
he said it will be cheaper even after taking VAT into consideration and will update me when the new pricelist arrives
Old 24th February 2005, 10:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
spoke to guy from navnit motors.
he said that the prices will go down and even maruti is delaying the dispatching more of the E3 baleno till then as the dealers will then go in for a loss so i suggest you get an E3 baleno then...
he said it will be cheaper even after taking VAT into consideration and will update me when the new pricelist arrives

Hey Lambo, I AM getting a 2005 Euro III Baleno! The only thing I am apprehensive about is the fall in car prices post budget! I'm getting the car for 6.20l on-road after discount. So I wanted to know if there was a possibility that the prices can get way cheaper than this and if there would be discounts in April too; someone told me that the huge discounts are available only frm December to Feb. This is a really tough call to make..... HELP!
Old 24th February 2005, 11:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sonic,
what i am trying to say is that Maruti will not dispatch any more of the E3 Balenos as after the budget is announced and the pricecut is announced, the dealers will lose out on their pre-price cut balenos so i suggest you wait till after the budget and if anything happens, i have a message on my cell from Mr Amit from Navnit so if it does rise i can always get it at pre budget price
Old 24th February 2005, 13:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey Sonic,
what i am trying to say is that Maruti will not dispatch any more of the E3 Balenos as after the budget is announced and the pricecut is announced, the dealers will lose out on their pre-price cut balenos so i suggest you wait till after the budget and if anything happens, i have a message on my cell from Mr Amit from Navnit so if it does rise i can always get it at pre budget price
The dealer I am buying the car from already has some 2005 model Euro III Balenos in stock. I'm planning to get these..... Do you suggest I go get it now or wait till after the budget? It's just that I don't want to lose a bird in my hand, because there might be two in the bush!! I.E, I have a good deal, so if there won't be drastic price cuts (which I doubt), I'm still getting a good deal now!

~Sonic
Old 24th February 2005, 14:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Sonic,

I doubt whether there will be a pricecut of 60,000 post budget. The company and dealers may not want to push the whole benefit to the end customer.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote