Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 26th September 2009, 11:38   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Thanks. Will go for it. Did you read the inclusions and exclusions in the second attachment? Any opinion on that?
I didn't go into much detail as the scan quality is poor and strains the eyes. Seems to be the usual suspects, no wear & tear components, suspension etc. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 18:08   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I didn't go into much detail as the scan quality is poor and strains the eyes. Seems to be the usual suspects, no wear & tear components, suspension etc. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
Sorry about that. Office scanner's a bit of a bleep. Anyway, I'm beginning to see the sense in it, and I just booked my car again today. I've included the 5y/100k in it Fingers crossed, this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I took 5 year extended warranty on both my Santro AT and the Getz at the time of purchase. Seeing the posts in this thread, now I feel I made a good decision. If nothing else, I feel it adds to the 'peace of mind' factor.
Not to mention, resale value. This is another reason we've gone for it, JUST in case we decide to decommission this one in less than five years. Highly unlikely, since we usually keep 'em well into the 8th or 9th year.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 26th September 2009 at 18:11.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 13:15   #78
BHPian

[quote=flyingspur;1492205]Finally managed to find my pendrive. Sincere apologies for the delay !!

The form shows the costs for each model and on the rear side, inclusions and exclusions. Now what do you make of it? Worth going in for?

Strangely Hyundai is not offering the 5years warrantly for the verna diesel.
Low on confidence ?
goswami.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 14:50   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Strangely Hyundai is not offering the 5years warrantly for the verna diesel.
Low on confidence ?
Low? Depleted, maybe. First they were offering 2+2. How it's only 2+1, forget the 5y/100k.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:00   #80

These are optional warranties? Sounds like expectations are lower in India, or pricing is too low to include a longer standard warranty.

Here in the U.S. the standard Hyundai warranties are 5/100 for nearly everything, and 10/160 for powertrain (though the latter doesn't transfer to subsequent owners).

The typical standard warranty is 3/60 for nearly everything and 5/100 for powertrain.

What are the usual standard warranties in India?
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 23:48   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Rakesh, 2/40 is standard. 3/60 and 4/80 for drivetrain are optional extra. 5/100 comprehensive is a recent initiative. And this is all only Hyundai I'm talking about.
Old 30th September 2009, 01:49   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Rakesh, 2/40 is standard. 3/60 and 4/80 for drivetrain are optional extra. 5/100 comprehensive is a recent initiative. And this is all only Hyundai I'm talking about.
Thanks.

Funny that you'd read my screen name as Rakesh--that happens to be the name of my programmer!
Old 8th October 2009, 20:37   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
Thanks.

Funny that you'd read my screen name as Rakesh--that happens to be the name of my programmer!
@ mkaresh - My sincere apologies! Most of my posts are typed in a hurry and I have no idea how that happened.

By the way, guys any inputs on whether switching the alloys will affect warranty? I'm really concerned about this, since I'm going in for the 5-year extended warranty and I don't want to pay almost 15k and then void the warranty on day 1 itself by changing the alloys.

If it matters, I'm going in for 14" itself mostly, and sticking with the Aceleres. Anyone in the know?
Old 8th October 2009, 23:14   #84

I don't know about India. In the US, mods can only void the warranty on a particular part if they appear likely to have caused the problem. So oversized wheels or those with the wrong offset might void the warranty on the wheel bearings, but not on the engine.