Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th July 2008, 15:08   #406
BHPian

@karenraheja
Good Find.

The N3HC looks very similar to Kia Lotze from the front and side profiles. Looks like Honda designers have started drawing lot of inspirations from Hyundai/Kia of late.
Old 13th July 2008, 08:30   #407
Senior - BHPian

the car looks more or less like a type r civic and any idea about the specification???
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:00   #408
BHPian

awarty good job man!! well driving to work n then chasing the car-must be like a few minutes of fast and the furious!!! well but totally nice job-appreciated!!
Old 22nd July 2008, 21:00   #409
BHPian

New city would be again a Benchmark in the segment!

Be it quality!
Be it Engine!

Owing Honda for more than 3 years now, I can say this
Old 23rd July 2008, 20:24   #410
Senior - BHPian

Worldcarfans.com has the t-bhp watermark images in the article:
Next Generation Honda Aria Spotted While Testing in India

The complete article is :
Quote:
Hatchback-based sedans do not usually seem to have a balanced design. Normally, the luggage compartment looks as something that does not really belong to the car. In order to avoid that, Honda has made a completely new body for the upcoming Aria, also known as City in some countries. The new compact sedan, based on Honda Fit/Jazz, has been spotted in India by Arjun Warty, from the Indian car forum Team-BHP.

The car has also already been shown by Autocar in renderings that have proven to be very accurate. Besides India and China, the new sedan will also be built in a new factory in Argentina, from where it will be exported to most of Latin America countries, especially Brazil.

Aria/City will use the same engines used for Fit/Jazz, or else, a 1.3-litre generating 100 bhp and a 1.5-litre pumping out 120 bhp. Considering it looks a lot like a Civic, and it will be cheaper than its older brother, the new compact sedan will almost certainly face a lot of success. And Honda will have to be prepared for the demand.
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:56   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
New city would be again a Benchmark in the segment!

Be it quality!
Be it Engine!

Owing Honda for more than 3 years now, I can say this
im not sure id say that i have a 2006 city which feels its gonna fall apart against my 2001 accent. dents come easy on the city, i dont know what parts honda is making the city with. every bump i go on i feel harsh and not comfy ride dispite using 65 profile. honda sucks. im not sure if i want a civic now even.
Old 25th July 2008, 02:22   #412

Went to a Honda Dealer couple of days back . . . couldnt believe even after the pics of the new honda city on the net and on autocar cover page they are still denying it, and calling it of rumors. Finally got a salesman casual enough to talk to me a little privately, and he told me that it is true the new model is gonna roll in anytime soon.

Though being a salesman he didnt have to much information, but he still admitted that they have been instructed no to comment on anything and moreover they arent even giving any discounts on the current honda city just because that it doest create anyone suspicion.

About the price tag . . . well, all he said was that it will be anywhere in 7-9 range . . . they are even offering discounts on the civic upto Rs 20000.

i feel after the new honda city they will have to revise the price of civic also as new corolla is coming in too.

and guess what . . . i also came to know that they could be putting in quite a lot of goodies in the car !

Note from Support: Excessive dots removed.
Old 27th July 2008, 09:39   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post

and guess what . . . i also came to know that they could be putting in quite a lot of goodies in the car !
We already know that ABS + airbags will be standard. What else can we expect?
I think max they can offer is

1) Reverse sensors
2) Side mirror indicators
3) Auto climate control ( I am not so sure about that )

What else?

Somehow I think that honda being honda will not offer lot's of goodies during initial model launch. After 2-3 years when the new model is stabilized ( and sx4 is doubly loaded ) then honda will start putting the goodies in new model.
Of course by starting a new marketing campain about how they care about environment and custemer etc etc .
The one for ivtec is already started , becase it's coming in new city
Old 28th July 2008, 14:16   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Of course by starting a new marketing campain about how they care about environment and custemer etc etc .
The one for ivtec is already started , becase it's coming in new city
iVtec is already there in the NHC- top end model albeit its not as powerful as Civic 1.8. They may spruce up the IVTec in NNHC in terms of Max BHP output.
Old 28th July 2008, 16:36   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
iVtec is already there in the NHC- top end model albeit its not as powerful as Civic 1.8. They may spruce up the IVTec in NNHC in terms of Max BHP output.
NHC doesn't have iVtec its just Vtec. I think iVtec is lattest version and more advance.
Old 28th July 2008, 16:43   #416
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend saw new registered honda city in chennai ......
Old 10th August 2008, 21:50   #417
oss
BHPian

More details about G3HC from Vicky.in

Hot news on Honda city 2008 at Straight Frm The Heart
Old 11th August 2008, 09:36   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

Thats some great info. Thats a good list of features. But its not mentioned about the 1.3VTEC and 1.5VTEC . I guess 1.3 will be the base version and next two versions will have the 1.5 VTEC.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:37   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

Not sure if the features posted in this particular website are correct. sometime back I heard City will have automatic climate control AC in upcoming models. But features listed on the website doesnt maention the same.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:51   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Not sure if the features posted in this particular website are correct. sometime back I heard City will have automatic climate control AC in upcoming models. But features listed on the website doesnt maention the same.

This article is actually taken from The source of Auto news,spyshots,rumor,Auto show news — AUTOinCAR . We cant expect it to be 100 % correct. But atleast we have a glimpse of what we can expect from New City.
Closed Thread