Just now i saw this article

Hyundai to launch new 'i10' in two months
amitbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:49   #17
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
oh an i10 with 1.2 engine? and perhaps a lac more for that kind of spec? i know hyundai is known for zippy cars, but thats only until you add the load of 5 people, luggage and ac! its only then does the real problems start showing up.
The 1.2 i10, with 81 BHP under the hood, is probably intended to compete with the petrol Swift. Knowing Hyundai, it ought to be a great car. My guess is that if this car is successful, Hyundai will phase out the petrol Getz and let the Getz Crdi compete with Swift diesel. The 1.2 i10 will surely be my next car, once my old Santro hangs up its boots (which it shows no signs of doing as of now, with 73000 kms under its belt).

Last edited by rks : 3rd June 2008 at 15:54.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
The 1.2 i10, with 81 BHP under the hood, is probably intended to compete with the petrol Swift. Knowing Hyundai, it ought to be a great car. My guess is that if this car is successful, Hyundai will phase out the petrol Getz and let the Getz Crdi compete with Swift diesel.
It cant compare with Swift though. The new i20 will be left to do that job. This is precise positoning below Swift. So i10 will take over Santro and the gap where Splash will be coming is now occupied by i10 1.2.

And Suzuki unfortunately cant bring that 1.2 engine available in splash internationally to india. It will cross that crucial limit of 1.2ltr capacity.
That 1.2 of Suzuki is 1242cc unit.
Here is the link:
New Agila vs rivals | Car Group Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Looks like Suzuki will have tough time. They need splash with an excellent motor and hope that they dont end up giving that F10D from Wagon R.
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:14   #19
BHPian

The move is done to compete with Splash Bcoz Splash launch is on cards

Source:- One of my friend is working in Maruti and he said they are preparing for the launch soon, probably this month or next month and he was very excited about this, As always Maruti is planning to launch this very comp and with loads of goodies

i10 is a good product but for me it cannot ever touch the leagues of Swift

i10 taking the place of petrol Getz, yes it might can as Getz petrol are already sold in very meager no's and they are hardly finding the buyers of Getz diesel at that price
S_budhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post

Source:- One of my friend is working in Maruti and he said they are preparing for the launch soon, probably this month or next month and he was very excited about this, As always Maruti is planning to launch this very comp and with loads of goodies

i10 taking the place of petrol Getz, yes it might can as Getz petrol are already sold in very meager no's and they are hardly finding the buyers of Getz diesel at that price
But the engine Suzuki has is 1242cc as mentioned in my earlier post. What engine will splash have ?
We would like to have more details.
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Splash Coming in a months time??? I doubt !! If im not mistaken everyone was talking about A-Star being launched around Oct and Splash next year beginning. MSIL can hardly bear the waiting period for Swift/ Dzire.
Splash is supposed to be replacement for Wagon R. Wagon R is still going strong so i dont think Splash is around the corner . MSIL will launch next generation K series engines in all its line up. But it would be great if Splash is launched now. i10 will get a big kick on the backside.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Splash Coming in a months time??? I doubt !! If im not mistaken everyone was talking about A-Star being launched around Oct and Splash next year beginning. MSIL can hardly bear the waiting period for Swift/ Dzire.
Splash is supposed to be replacement for Wagon R. Wagon R is still going strong so i dont think Splash is around the corner . MSIL will launch next generation K series engines in all its line up. But it would be great if Splash is launched now. i10 will get a big kick on the backside.
There is a lot of confusion about the A-star and Splash. Hope maruti bring splash with k-series engine this could be a good option to I10.

I think that the 1242 cc engine avaliable in UK in splash is from k series.
Can someone clarify ?
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbiz View Post
Just now i saw this article

Hyundai to launch new 'i10' in two months
I think it is the same as I have posted in the no. 15 reply in previous page. Thanks for bringing up this.
Old 4th June 2008, 00:49   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

i-20 is a replacement for the Getz globally. In India, they will co-exist and the i-20 will be positioned above the Getz.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 02:51   #25
BHPian

some of the reviews the i10 received, owners were complaining about the lack of zip that the santro has specially at lower gears.
I am sure the added power gives buyers that missing chink so now they have i10 with more engines options.
My ideal i10 would be the one with sunroof and she comes in white colour.
Abhijat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 10:37   #26
BHPian

If they get the gear ratios right, the i10 with 81 bhp should be really exciting. Hope they at least offer some airbags and disc brakes all around for the base models though.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 11:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Hyundai will phase out the petrol Getz.
I dont think so. They are even planning to launch LPG variants. Even if the i20 comes, they might discontinue the 1.3L version, but not the 1.1

Quote:
Getz petrol are already sold in very meager no's
In cities, I guess they have a decent number of cars on road, eventhough they are not near to the no. of Swifts.
joseph5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 11:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijat View Post
some of the reviews the i10 received, owners were complaining about the lack of zip that the santro has specially at lower gears.
I am sure the added power gives buyers that missing chink so now they have i10 with more engines options.
This time around they will have everything you can ask from i10, but the catch is the pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
i-20 is a replacement for the Getz globally. In India, they will co-exist and the i-20 will be positioned above the Getz.
Just like santro and i10 co-exist !
So now Maruti's own strategy is applied to them.
Old 4th June 2008, 12:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've actually started seeing more and more of the Getz in the city. Especially since they launched the 1.1 variant, sales have been going up (I don't know the official figures - this is based on what I have observed on the roads).
Don't see much of the 1.3 though, and I still haven't seen a single Getz crdi!! None of the Hyundai dealers in town seem to have one for TD purposes either.

This segment is getting more and more crowded and confusing! Let's wait and watch.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 13:12   #30
BHPian

Just read the Autoexpress review that aaggoswami posted.

Looks like the splash is a winner hands down.

Now the real deal for Maurti would be to get the prices right since many feel i10 is overpriced. Once this is done, i think splash will create a splash in the indian market also
blip is offline   Reply With Quote