Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th November 2016, 07:30   #2656
BHPian

Default Re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
It looks like Toyota does not approve of Shell diesel for its vehicles. The reason given for not recommending Shell diesel was to do with the viscosity levels of the same according to him.
I have been filling shell diesel mostly in my fortuner 3.0 and can correlate to black smoke and soot level going up after filling from there. The engine roughness note also increases however on the brighter side, the mileage in city increases by 1-1.5kmpl of shell diesel. Off late after filling from shell diesel the black smoke/soot is much that it leave black soot marks on the bumper.
Now i need to search a good COCO in Koregaon Park in Pune and in and around Kormangla in Bangalore.

Regards,
RJ
roadjourno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 13:33   #2657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
I have been filling shell diesel mostly in my fortuner 3.0 and can correlate to black smoke and soot level going up after filling from there. The engine roughness note also increases however on the brighter side, the mileage in city increases by 1-1.5kmpl of shell diesel. Off late after filling from shell diesel the black smoke/soot is much that it leave black soot marks on the bumper.
Now i need to search a good COCO in Koregaon Park in Pune and in and around Kormangla in Bangalore.

Regards,
RJ
Well, good to know the increase in FE but I had a response from another bhpian in the Toyota Innova Crysta thread that his catalytic converter(in the previous gen Innova) went bust and the reason attributed was Shell diesel. So better to play it safe
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 16:32   #2658
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this SMS on my phone a few minutes ago.
Quote:
Dear Shell Customer, as per GoI notice private petrol pumps can not accept INR500 & INR1000 currency notes from 9-nov. We regret the inconvenience caused
Today morning when I was coming to office, I saw that a Shell fuel station was closed. I was not happy because even though GOI told that petrol stations must accept 500/1000 rupees currency today. After this SMS, I once again went through the press release of RBI and it is clearly mentioned that Public sector Petrol stations will accept 500/1000 rupees currency. Then I thought they could have opened but for only card payments. But I guess Shell has closed to avoid any problems with public who fail to understand this and probably create issues which is fair enough.

EDIT:
And just after I post this, I got another SMS as quoted below. So now they'll have to explain people who have failed to notice that only Public sector Petrol stations can accept 500/1000 rupees currency today.
For people like me who always fill fuel on credit card/Shell Cash card, it is good that Shell is open.
Quote:
Dear Customer, We are accepting cash notes below INR 500 denominations, Shell Cash cards & Bank Cards for payments. Looking forward to serve you

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 9th November 2016 at 16:38.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 15:15   #2659
BHPian

The Bannerghatta Road outlet of Shell is accepting payment only in the form of cards. They are not accepting cash in any form (irrespective of the denomination).
Aiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 13:48   #2660
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this news on youtube- Looks like a Shell bunk! - Original date published - n Jun 1, 2016
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote