Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th October 2017, 16:03   #2686
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

I filled 12 litres. After I paid the bill by card, I was given ₹12 by cash! This was yesterday at Shell Chromepet.
Attached Thumbnails
Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-img_20171008_160454574.jpg  

Gansan is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2017, 20:14   #2687
BHPian

Default Re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Shell pumps are harassing petrol vehicle owners by trying to push V-power. I recently had to shout at a guy because he made me repeat 6 times that I wanted ordinary petrol for my 13 year old Alto and didn't want the benefits of V-power. This has happened quite frequently at 2 Shell bunks in Bangalore. Now they are trying to sell other merchandise too.
This is becoming a big irritation now a day! been using shell for very long time and every single visit feels like some kind of act of escaping from some con artist.

Pressure when I stop for fillups:

me: fill normal petrol/diesel
attendant: saarrr try v-power saarrr mileage saarrr (goes on and on if we don't stop them).

someone out of nowhere: saarrr open the bonnet(shouldn't it be a request or a question? they know command works better so they just ask you to open the bonnet).

I did once let them check and they were forcing me to have an oil change! my car's service was due hence there was no point in changing immediately, heck it was supposed to be just a check-up.

Oil change: so many issues here, man, never changing oil with them ever again! asked them for 1L 10w40 and they just billed full synthetic without even asking(800INR)! told them that last thing my low running bike needs is synthetic oil, that particular bike wouldn't fetch more than 8K in second hand market!

worst experience : I finally hustled a lot and bought something half the price for my scooter, guess what, guy poured the entire 1L can into my puny scooter crank cover clearly shows it only needs half of that! this incident is different from the previous bike incident.

Had to go to nearby local mechanic shop and drain out the extra. Issue of having poor enforcement of laws related to customer is slowing catching up everywhere I go.

unlike more people I can't let anyone scam me for few Rupee and go on with my business, that will only make things worse.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 6th December 2017 at 20:16.
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote