Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th February 2009, 15:18   #301
Senior - BHPian

In Pune, I filled at Shell at the Chandan Nagar - Magarpatta Bypass and they still dont have regular petrol. They are still selling only Super.
vinit.merchant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 09:56   #302
BHPian

Been to shell bunk yesterday evening on old madras road.

Topped up my bike (Yamaha YBX::June 2000 Model::153000kms done) with Rs. 500 worth Shell Super.
Got the engine oil changed with Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 for Rs 1,000.00 for no extra labour charges.
Got my bike emission test done for only Rs25/-
Plus they applied tyre shine for my bike tyres free of cost.

I must say this is an awesome service.

The bike felt much smoother after the oil change will update once i have done some running on it. and they have suggested that we can run for 10k without oil change.
rajchetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 16:20   #303
Senior - BHPian

New Shell Bunk, in Magadi road between Housing board Raheja apartment - JaiMuni Rao Circle starting operations from today, its good benefit for people around Vijayanagar.

Now I can fill Shell on my way to office, so savings of 6km everytime I fill Petrol. I hope Shell continue to offer same good service in future too.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:46   #304
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
The bunk (under construction) is right next to Check Inn on Bellary Road (not CBI Road). This is between Adayar Ananda Bhavan (junction of D Rajagopal Road) and the HMT building.
Bangalore update:
This new Shell outlet (quoted above) was not open on Saturday morning but I found it open last evening. Lukeskywalker said he saw it open on Saturday evening.

Diesel cost 34.95 per litre at this outlet this morning.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:01   #305
Senior - BHPian

New Shell Bunk is open in Magadi road and today I filled Petrol there They don't have tyre polish which I wanted to get it done after my car was washed today morning.

Its good that on my way to office I can fill, this would save my time and travelling.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:22   #306
BHPian

When are they planning on opening the shell bunk at Mahadevpura, infornt of HP office.
kolimuttai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 17:54   #307
Senior - BHPian

the mileage increased after to switching over to Shell normal diesel, for details check this post.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 18:16   #308
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolimuttai View Post
When are they planning on opening the shell bunk at Mahadevpura, infornt of HP office.
The outlet at Mahadevapura looked quite ready yesterday evening and it looks like the entry / exit ramps are being readied - saw the road dug up at those points. Should be up & running in a couple of days.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 18:22   #309
BHPian

For mee too, I was (still i'm) a great fan of shell petrol. Itz been almost 3 months since i switched back to shell. I could feel the difference already, last fill I got 14.31. Its been quite sometime since I crossed 14 in the city. With BP/HP outlets in marathalli and JB nagar I used to get 13 to 13.5 !!
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 21:22   #310
BHPian

Tanked up my Ikon TDCi at 32.85 a liter in the Velachery bunk. Very courteous staff. Felt good even though I had to take a detour of about 8 km to fill up there.
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 21:55   #311
Senior - BHPian

a new shell outlet in bangalore on bellary road!!! walkable distance from my place! now only shell for me.Tried it on 2 wheeler for first time (filled many times on my car but since shell petrol bunks were far couldn't fill in bike.) and the engine i must say is running much smoonthly.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 10:22   #312
BHPian

Default Query regarding the use of Shell Normal Petrol

Hi all,

From the very beginning I was using HP Normal Petrol for my new i10 Kappa. It used to give 15-16 kmpl with AC on highways and 12-13 with AC in City. One fine day I have decided to switch to Shell Normal. Upon refilling I am surprised to see the drop in mileage. Its just 9.68 kmpl with AC in city. Is this normal? or am I expecting the increase in mileage too early. Will it increase after some refills? Or the mix of old petrol and Shell petrol resulted in the drop of the mileage.

Otherwise the driving conditions are same. Its Bengalooru traffic and I am the only driver drives the car.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu
subbusos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 10:26   #313
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Hi all,

From the very beginning I was using HP Normal Petrol for my new i10 Kappa. It used to give 15-16 kmpl with AC on highways and 12-13 with AC in City. One fine day I have decided to switch to Shell Normal. Upon refilling I am surprised to see the drop in mileage. Its just 9.68 kmpl with AC in city. Is this normal? or am I expecting the increase in mileage too early. Will it increase after some refills? Or the mix of old petrol and Shell petrol resulted in the drop of the mileage.

Otherwise the driving conditions are same. Its Bengalooru traffic and I am the only driver drives the car.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards
Subbu

You must have done some mistake while calculating the mileage, it will not vary by that much.
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 10:36   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
You must have done some mistake while calculating the mileage, it will not vary by that much.
No, I am not. I have verified it also by checking with my old bill and the current bill. FYI, I have used the full tank method. Thats what I am also wondering. Not sure though. Hence will continue to use Shell Normal and make a decision.
subbusos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 12:00   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
How are you checking the FE? is it a tankful to tankful method?

Edit: just read your post.
I suggest you to drive at least 400-500 odd kms before refilling your tank to note the FE. even in tankful method, 1-2 liters here and there is usual. so if you are filling after driving enough Kms, 1 liter here and there wont make much of difference.

Last edited by zerocritical : 5th March 2009 at 12:04.
zerocritical is offline   Reply With Quote