Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd February 2005, 10:50   #16
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
That's better than Trespassers will be assigned dealerships...
lol lol hahahah hahaha lol
Vulken Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 20:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I really dont see how it is an achievement to take two weeks and come back with a "Under Construction" website.

Well...

GTO
No one mentioned it is an achivement.It is a sign that atleast they are not on the next flight home to Torino.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 20:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

also how many people in 2 weeks went and checked fiat-india.com and not www.fiat-india.com.i checked it for the first time and it was under construction.
Old 23rd February 2005, 22:55   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
also how many people in 2 weeks went and checked fiat-india.com and not www.fiat-india.com.i checked it for the first time and it was under construction.
One upside of this thread. I found out that the domain name registration of *.in names are thrown open to public. I quickly registered both .in and .co.in for my company before some squatter steals it.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2005, 13:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I checked the webpage info. It was last modified on "Monday, July 26, 2004 10:31:42 AM" long before official fiat site was hacked. So this is not done after alleged hacking of offical fiat website.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2005, 14:50   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No one mentioned it is an achivement.It is a sign that atleast they are not on the next flight home to Torino.
LOL! The way everyone is going on about it "being good news" and opening a new topic to annouce the "website being back" is applause enough. What is the good news? A 2 week reaction time and being still under construction?

Just the fact that the website was up due to unpaid bills/hacking and a reaction time of 2 WEEKS to just get it back under construction tells you a lot about the dinosaur reaction time of Fiat India. If they cant take care of their website for three weeks, what do you expect from them of customers?

The website is their online public face. Its no wonder that Fiat enjoys the brand equity (or the lack of it) that they do in India.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2005, 14:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

GTO, as I posted earlier, the fiat-india.com site mostly likely was already there. Nothing to do with hacking and reaction time. So I guess, they still have not reacted :(
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2005, 20:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Then I wondered why didn't Fiat India go for fiat.co.in domain which is available only to companies registered in India. Turns out that domain was again stolen by some chinese guys just 6 days back. Talk about Fiat's luck

Hey,

domainname.co.in or now domainname.in domains are normally only granted to someone who owns a copyright or existing business on the same name....thats exactly what stops me from squatting on a a sony.in or adidas.in

Fiat can sue, and they will win...

Anyone want to file a Public Interest Litigation against these squatters? Its easy enough a case to win and maybe we'd get a brand new S10 as a gift from fiat...

Best,
Gautham

---
Gautham Gauruv Maediratta
Policy Fellow and Consultant to India
The Institute for Spam & Internet Public Policy
maedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2005, 20:39   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedi
Hey,
domainname.co.in or now domainname.in domains are normally only granted to someone who owns a copyright or existing business on the same name....thats exactly what stops me from squatting on a a sony.in or adidas.in
Apparently nothing. After seeing the fate of Fiat domain names, I quickly registered co.in and .in domains for my company within 5 minutes on the web. I didn't have to provide any documentation, just the credit card info.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 19:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
LOL! The way everyone is going on about it "being good news" and opening a new topic to annouce the "website being back" is applause enough. What is the good news? A 2 week reaction time and being still under construction?

Just the fact that the website was up due to unpaid bills/hacking and a reaction time of 2 WEEKS to just get it back under construction tells you a lot about the dinosaur reaction time of Fiat India. If they cant take care of their website for three weeks, what do you expect from them of customers?

The website is their online public face. Its no wonder that Fiat enjoys the brand equity (or the lack of it) that they do in India.

GTO
hey if u dont like my threads why do u bother to write.see i love fiat cars.all i write is for info of Fiat car owners and prospective buyers.all those who were happy were Fiat owners(i assume u are not).seeing signs of Fiat staying on in india and not all the people on this planet.as i said earlier see the website updation,their adds in Times,their display of cars in shows and it becomes clear to the dumbest person on earth that they are Staying on.u can ban me for talking rudely.but i want the point to be clear.
Old 26th February 2005, 20:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey if u dont like my threads why do u bother to write.see i love fiat cars.all i write is for info of Fiat car owners and prospective buyers.all those who were happy were Fiat owners(i assume u are not).seeing signs of Fiat staying on in india and not all the people on this planet.as i said earlier see the website updation,their adds in Times,their display of cars in shows and it becomes clear to the dumbest person on earth that they are Staying on.u can ban me for talking rudely.but i want the point to be clear.
Temper temper, dude. We all appreciate loyalty to specific marques, but no point getting hot headed over it, right? We all have our opinions pal. You will find way too many Palio and Petra fans on board, who more than once overlooked FIAT's shortcomings to recommend their cars to those they know or those they don't. But do you really think, bringing back one's website is any indication of the company's good times? I saw FIAT's ad for Mumbai Motor Show too, but I got the feeling that it was more of the organiser's initiative i.e TOI, to bring the cars, to save their face, than FIAT's. Also if FIAT was involved, it was mighty irresponsible of them to still list Shaman Fiat as one of their dealers, as well as publish their contact numbers.

Till people see the results when it comes to service times, and marketing, FIAT cannot be patted on the back for having made a comeback. And you can't blame them either, FIAT's ignorance was Hyundai's bliss. I'm sure quite a few of the members would be more than thrilled to see FIAT India back in the game.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 20:53   #27
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
all u crazy fiat haters(RX i think u have a palio or petra right) go and see the website now and later talk.its is not being updated .my foot.

see this:http://fiat-india.com/

and see the adds in times of india.LOL!.companies leaving india do not advertise their cars or display them in shows(mumbai Auto show to be precise).start being real and stop assuming things in life.
Folks, I can vouch this message in fiat-india.com is not always present, i saw it when this thread started, then a couple of days later it vanished, and now its back again..some email threads in the paliousergroup in yahoogroups refer to one Ms. Niki Desai, Product Marketing contact in Fiat India, maybe we should ask her, if the content is indeed bona fide Fiat...also I noticed today that www.fiat.com has removed India from the country list. this is not looking good... India was supposed to be the third node for the 178 platform..
nmdeccanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 21:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

A new message is added to http://fiat-india.com. The message reads
AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Fiat cars are on display at the Mumbai Motor Show, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai. from the 25th to 28th Feb 2005.

Test Drive Facilities are also available at the Venue.

This shows that somebody is still working on their website at Fiat.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 21:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

LOL Fiat may have botched up on marketing their cars but they sure know how to create a good deal of mystery!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 23:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

see people we are not lauding Fiat.is some manufacturer is showing their cars it shows they still want to sell them and not leave.if a website shows a current message it is very much being updated.it may not be on fiats homepage because of the current update.the whole point of my thread is that it is still a sign that fiat is not leaving India as soon as some people have predicted.it may not have done enough but it is still not Dead,is Fiat not trying to make somekind of comeback.that in itself is good news for Fiat owners,current and future.

sorry for the anger but the point is i am not prasing Fiat, have i written it anywhere still people interpret that i am trying to praise fiat.i am just trying to tell people that their fears of Fiat exiting india are currenty untrue.

thats it nothing else.Sorry for the anger to any and everyone who was hurt.