Senior - BHPian

maybe we can remove the name of yamaha now,cause it isnt a back bencher anymore
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
maybe we can remove the name of yamaha now,cause it isnt a back bencher anymore
I second that. After the 90's, I have started seeing the Yamaha's in 2008. Better late than never. As a matter of fact, in Mumbai, I have started seeing more R15's than RTR's!!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I second that. After the 90's, I have started seeing the Yamaha's in 2008. Better late than never. As a matter of fact, in Mumbai, I have started seeing more R15's than RTR's!!
Bit too early for that!

Let all the hype around FZ16 settle down. There is still million $$$ question waiting in background, "average kitnaa detaa hai?". And, I suspect FZ16 answer is not going to be flattering enough.

R15 is in a niche segment and it won't help even if it's a runaway success.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

I think Mitsubishi can take a leaf out of Yamaha's book. The state in which Yamaha in India was, one would have thought that the best thing for the company to do now would be to wind up and leave the country. The way in which they have turned around their fortunes with the new models is commendable.

Mitsubishi is one of the older Auto MNCs operating in India and also had a stanglehold on the Diesel Executive segment in India. but today the picture is very unconvincing. despite being one of the early ones to jump on India's diesel craze its appaling they do not have a single Modern/Common rail engine on offer on any of their cars in India today. Even GM Daewoo who just joined the Diesel bandwagon less than a year ago have two diesel engine variants aldready (the Tavera is an Isuzu, so not in the equation). Mitsubishi just let the likes of Octavia, Accent, Verna, Magnum eat into the Diesel lancer segment.

The Cedia sports cannot be termed as an effort, this is something a customer can do himself. Mitsubishi is trying to flog us cars with the least amount of effort. They will keep sending us outdated products, assemble them and hope customers buy them. Good cars they might be, but the question is wether these are the cars that the Indian market needs. One cant expect much from HM, i think the Birlas have written of their part in the Indian automotive history.

Like Yamaha, Mitsubishi is a company with huge technological poweress, be it performance wise or Diesel powerplants. We Indians have been drooling long enough for this to be reflected on our roads.
Cmon Mitsubishi its ur turn to do a R15!!!!
shortbread is offline   Reply With Quote