Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th July 2008, 08:22   #46
BHPian

gm seems to be discounting the spark, now the srv

what next ? are they even serious going forward in india ?
bharanidharang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 08:38   #47
BHPian

The best thing they can do is SRV with magnum diesel engine.If they fix a nice price then it will be a hit in the market.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 08:40   #48
BHPian

If I had not got a well maintained VTEC like Ajit's, then the second option was for a brand new SRV. I think I was blessed by the Power horses and was able to find a super machine.

Indeed SRV is young boy toy who love to enjoy power and style.Hope the price drop will get some customer toward it.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 08:51   #49
BANNED

Style, yes. Power, no. VGIS plays the spoil sport. Its a hot hatch to look at, but not to drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Indeed SRV is young boy toy who love to enjoy power and style.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 09:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Indeed SRV is young boy toy who love to enjoy power and style.Hope the price drop will get some customer toward it.
I had driven one sometime back & it was quite disappointing to drive. Certainly not a machine for an enthusiast.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 09:23   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
The best thing they can do is SRV with magnum diesel engine.If they fix a nice price then it will be a hit in the market.
Yah, keep on dreaming.It will cost 9lac up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Style, yes. Power, no. VGIS plays the spoil sport. Its a hot hatch to look at, but not to drive.
True
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I had driven one sometime back & it was quite disappointing to drive. Certainly not a machine for an enthusiast.
And then they brought out a supercharger one.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 12:33   #52
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I have never drive that car, but I have seen some of them putting it to limit in ORR and IRR. I might have seen same car's most of the time as many have not bought it
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 12:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

This thread comes up as "Chevy Optra Clearance sale @ 6.5 lakhs" in the homepage under Hot Threads, and I was like "What??!" for a second before I opened it!! Was fooled into believing that we are getting the Optra Sedan (or maybe Magnum!!) for 6.5L. "Keep Dreaming, Keep Dreaming"
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 20:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

I have driven a SRV. It is quite peppy and comfortable but the first gear is very bad and I could feel some wobbling and rattling. People buying into SRV run the danger of buying a repainted/repossessed or 2007 (2006?) production car.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 21:36   #55
BHPian

I wasn't aware of this price drop (came across the thread only yesterday), but have been seeing more SRV's around, including couple of them added to our apartment complex parking lot in the last couple of months or so. So the price drop seems to be hitting somewhere... hope them new owners don't get really 'hit' in the long run!
Jammy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 06:18   #56
BHPian

I think by the way things are shaping up, we all should stop buying the Optra Magnum TCDi. Then GM will come around to our homes with Rs1 lakh discount and a handful of Pizzas and Coke bottles to celebrate their so called "No buyers Special Price Cut ".

I'll be waiting with my signed cheque leaf then.

Sad about the fate of the SRV. I loved it despite its feeble engine. At 6.5 lakhs that is perhaps a lot better buy than the fabia. And I think their plans to launch the supercharged version seems to be pulled off for now.
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
I think by the way things are shaping up, we all should stop buying the Optra Magnum TCDi. Then GM will come around to our homes with Rs1 lakh discount and a handful of Pizzas and Coke bottles to celebrate their so called "No buyers Special Price Cut ".

I'll be waiting with my signed cheque leaf then.
Nice one!!! Maybe we should start a chain-mail and send it to everyone we ever know of - citing the SRV as an example
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote