Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th June 2008, 22:15   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
World's 4th most reputed? Then why they are taking such a long time for deliveries of vehicles.
May be because last month alone- 64,143 people bought Maruti cars!

Thats almost three times the second biggest player in the market.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 22:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvnagan View Post
Without a doubt, coming fourth in the world is directly related to the number of people owning a Maruti vehicle. But still is surprising. Ahead of BMW, Volkswagen, Daimler, My God!!!
I dont think it is related to number of people owing a Maruti. I am sure that number of Ford owners world wide will be definitly more than this count, but Ford didnt hit the board..Must be count of "satisfied owners", who doesn't have other alternatives..
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 22:22   #18
BHPian

going by these rules Tata would be joining this elite club very soon. Be afraid MSIL be very afraid

I still can not believe this.
Abhijat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 01:20   #19
BHPian

Okay i must have missed the news in the newspapers. But its next to impossible that team bhp will miss anything when it comes to the automotive world. Glad to know that the biggest car maker in India is the fourth most respected and reputed car brand the world over ahead of its japanese counterpart.
Thanks for putting this up aaggoswami.
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 08:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijat View Post
going by these rules Tata would be joining this elite club very soon. Be afraid MSIL be very afraid

I still can not believe this.
At first even I could not believe this. Its only after reading more than one article that I came to know about this. MSIL managed to come ahead of parent Suzuki and global majors like Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Okay i must have missed the news in the newspapers. But its next to impossible that team bhp will miss anything when it comes to the automotive world. Glad to know that the biggest car maker in India is the fourth most respected and reputed car brand the world over ahead of its japanese counterpart.
Thanks for putting this up aaggoswami.
Thanks for appreciation. This new was unbelievable but true. Its nice to see this brand into top ranking.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 12:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
At first even I could not believe this. Its only after reading more than one article that I came to know about this. MSIL managed to come ahead of parent Suzuki and global majors like Hyundai.
Thanks for appreciation. This new was unbelievable but true. Its nice to see this brand into top ranking.

Great Find @aaggoswami, on what basis was the survey done.
BTW BHP'ians what is this FAW motors.... never ever in my life heard this name before.
Maverick_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 12:38   #22
BHPian

Its nice to know that Indian Companies are climbing up the ladder, First Tata's did us proud and now Maruti. I would rate it as a very good achievment for them and wish all the success to them to continue making VFM cars and also for their prompt and exemplary after sales service. I dont think there is any doubt in the VFM & A.s.s that they offer.

And some of the people who are surprised by this news, If Katrina (kaif) can be voted the most beautifull woman on this earth (which I believe that she is) I dont find anything wrong or surprising in Maruti's achievement.

Way to go : Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
ranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 13:14   #23
BHPian

OT: All this reminds me of one incident when I was an engg student. I had read somewhere that Britannia is world's largest biscuit producer, mentioned the same to my friends and every one of them pounced upon me as if I had just murdered one of them. And I only said: "Why Not?"
Coming back, I feel proud firstly being an Indian and secondly, being a Maruti owner myself.
anuragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 19:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Maruti Suzuki!

Although most of us criticize newer Maruti cars for their poor build quality, inconsistent quality control, delivery issues, etc, most of us still fondly remember our M800s.

And one more thing to be proud of is that Maruti is an Indian company, although they have a Japanese parent company.

Congrats Maruti once again!
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 19:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Great Find @aaggoswami, on what basis was the survey done.
BTW BHP'ians what is this FAW motors.... never ever in my life heard this name before.
Thanks for appreciation. I really dont know the criterias involved!
FAW is china's first manufacturer and was established in 1953.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Its nice to know that Indian Companies are climbing up the ladder, First Tata's did us proud and now Maruti. I would rate it as a very good achievment for them and wish all the success to them to continue making VFM cars and also for their prompt and exemplary after sales service. I dont think there is any doubt in the VFM & A.s.s that they offer.
I dont find anything wrong or surprising in Maruti's achievement.

Way to go : Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
Yes the main reason for their success is that they keep on bringing VFM products with relative good mechanical reliability, pwertrain performance and After Sales & Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
OT: All this reminds me of one incident when I was an engg student. I had read somewhere that Britannia is world's largest biscuit producer, mentioned the same to my friends and every one of them pounced upon me as if I had just murdered one of them. And I only said: "Why Not?"
Coming back, I feel proud firstly being an Indian and secondly, being a Maruti owner myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Congrats Maruti Suzuki!

Although most of us criticize newer Maruti cars for their poor build quality, inconsistent quality control, delivery issues, etc, most of us still fondly remember our M800s.

And one more thing to be proud of is that Maruti is an Indian company, although they have a Japanese parent company.

Congrats Maruti once again!
@anuragn, blue_pulsar: That made me proud too.
@ blue_pulsar: I think that we still love the VFM attached and the peace of mind factor.
Old 14th June 2008, 21:10   #26
BHPian

Maruti is an amazing success story. it has proved that indian companies can be better and more successful than their multi-national parents.
santosh911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 21:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Also, this is Maruti's 25th year. This news couldn't have come at a better time for them!
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 23:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh911 View Post
Maruti is an amazing success story. it has proved that indian companies can be better and more successful than their multi-national parents.
Its a success story that has interesting history also. Suzuki once brought their dealers from worldwide to show them how the MSIL works and manages to sell huge number of vehicles in Indian sales terms.
Maruti, as this result indicates, commands a huge respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Also, this is Maruti's 25th year. This news couldn't have come at a better time for them!
Yes, it couldnt have been more merrier for Maruti. Maruti must be very happy about it, and why not, they have achieved something higher than their parents.

Here is the link to news on Maruti's wesbite.
Maruti Suzuki is World's 4th 'Most Reputed Auto Co', beats parent firm