Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 13:17   #511
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,765
Thanked: 2,217 Times
Default

This Sweet car from Maruti may be launched on this Saturday.

Source: cartradeindia

"India’s largest car manufacturer plans to launch its latest small car model in India this Saturday. The much await ed model, Maruti A star, is the fifth global strategic model from Maruti Suzuki. ...

The company also reported that it shall continue to manufacture its small cars like Zen Estilo and Alto in India. The new Maruti A star is expected to fall in the price band of Rs. 4 lakh and above. It shall be powered by the K-series engine for the gasoline driven car and the engine production has commenced production in October this year. The new A-star shares its platform with Maruti Alto in India. It has a similar 2360mm wheelbase as the Maruti Alto. It will be the first that will be produced exclusively in India."
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 14:21   #512
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 772
Thanked: 525 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This Sweet car from Maruti may be launched on this Saturday.

Source: cartradeindia

"India’s largest car manufacturer plans to launch its latest small car model in India this Saturday. The much await ed model, Maruti A star, is the fifth global strategic model from Maruti Suzuki. ...

The company also reported that it shall continue to manufacture its small cars like Zen Estilo and Alto in India. The new Maruti A star is expected to fall in the price band of Rs. 4 lakh and above. It shall be powered by the K-series engine for the gasoline driven car and the engine production has commenced production in October this year. The new A-star shares its platform with Maruti Alto in India. It has a similar 2360mm wheelbase as the Maruti Alto. It will be the first that will be produced exclusively in India."
Well, if priced like that, it wont be a sweet car, just a rip off.
chncar is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 15:08   #513
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,765
Thanked: 2,217 Times
Default

If it comes with ABS and Airbags as standard, won't it be a good deal for 4 lakhs?
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 15:54   #514
SLK
Senior - BHPian
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DL XX XX XXXX
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 192 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If it comes with ABS and Airbags as standard, won't it be a good deal for 4 lakhs?
No! don't ask for an ABS from Maruti - they'll start with a 6 month waiting as standard or maybe include it in the brochure this time.
SLK is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 16:15   #515
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,711
Thanked: 1,542 Times
Default

Well the source of the above article is :
Maruti A Star To Launch This Week | CarTradeIndia.com

Quote:
ndia’s largest car manufacturer plans to launch its latest small car model in India this Saturday. The much await ed model, Maruti A star, is the fifth global strategic model from Maruti Suzuki. This means that the car will be manufactured simultaneously in several countries. It will be sold under the name of Alto and Celerio in Europe and other countries respectively.

The company also reported that it shall continue to manufacture its small cars like Zen Estilo and Alto in India. The new Maruti A star is expected to fall in the price band of Rs. 4 lakh and above. It shall be powered by the K-series engine for the gasoline driven car and the engine production has commenced production in October this year. The new A-star shares its platform with Maruti Alto in India. It has a similar 2360mm wheelbase as the Maruti Alto. It will be the first that will be produced exclusively in India.

Maruti aims to ramp up its production capacity to 1 million units by early next year. It currently has a capacity of manufacturing 7 lakh units at the Gurgaon plant and the Manesar plant will reach 3 lakh units capacity soon. Thus the overall capacity will reach 10 lakh units annually.
What, the A-star shares the platform with Alto. And Alto shares the platform with Wagon R and Zen Estilo!
I dont think we can trust this article specially when it says " shares the platform with Alto just because it has a similar wheelbase.
aaggoswami is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 16:43   #516
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,765
Thanked: 2,217 Times
Default

Considering the way the sheer - aggressive A-Star concept car transformed into the present production-ready A-Star, there are all chances that it will share the platform with its Maruti siblings Wagon R, Estilo and Alto.
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 16:49   #517
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 772
Thanked: 525 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If it comes with ABS and Airbags as standard, won't it be a good deal for 4 lakhs?
The article states 4 lakh and above. Which indicates the price of the base model being 4 lakhs. That is the same price band as Swift!!!


Anyways, the article is perhaps not that accurate.
chncar is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 17:02   #518
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
The article states 4 lakh and above. Which indicates the price of the base model being 4 lakhs. That is the same price band as Swift!!!


Anyways, the article is perhaps not that accurate.

I do agree with chncar.
Maruti must very well be realizing that if they price it's base model near Swift, it is bound to fail.

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 17:49   #519
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,765
Thanked: 2,217 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
I do agree with chncar.
Maruti must very well be realizing that if they price it's base model near Swift, it is bound to fail.
Cheers!!!
Chances are that Maruti may be offering only the fully loaded version of A Star at around 4 lakhs - and not to offer any base model - going by the fact that A-Star is a global entry, and Maruti may need to keep it as a niche product. Also, Maruti has enough products in the lower base segment.
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 21:53   #520
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 397
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Chances are that Maruti may be offering only the fully loaded version of A Star at around 4 lakhs - and not to offer any base model - going by the fact that A-Star is a global entry, and Maruti may need to keep it as a niche product. Also, Maruti has enough products in the lower base segment.
Dear romeo,

Maruti is surely coming up with three variants Lxi Vxi and Zxi. Its going to be positioned between the wagonR and Swift. Would go head on with the I10 probably.
sureshkishore is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 21:57   #521
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 182
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Well, if priced like that, it wont be a sweet car, just a rip off.
It the base model price would be at 4 lakhs, then i dont think it would be doing good as we are getting i10 1.2 kappa here in Chandigarh for 4 lakhs. and i10 has more space and a power full 4 cylinder engine with it.

The right price for A-Star should not be more then 3.40 -3.50 lakhs (chandigarh) for a base model.

What say?
tarunmadhok is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 23:03   #522
BHPian
 
ankit.jhamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 574
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
It the base model price would be at 4 lakhs, then i dont think it would be doing good as we are getting i10 1.2 kappa here in Chandigarh for 4 lakhs. and i10 has more space and a power full 4 cylinder engine with it.

The right price for A-Star should not be more then 3.40 -3.50 lakhs (chandigarh) for a base model.

What say?
but I find A STAR to be a smaller car in size as compared to the wagonr.the base model of wagonr is available at 3.3-3.5 lakhs.now PLACING the base model of A STAR near wagon r would just eat the sales of wagonr.

reduction in price of wagonr or offering huge discounts would make the A STAR A better package
ankit.jhamb is offline  
Old 6th November 2008, 23:07   #523
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,711
Thanked: 1,542 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Considering the way the sheer - aggressive A-Star concept car transformed into the present production-ready A-Star, there are all chances that it will share the platform with its Maruti siblings Wagon R, Estilo and Alto.

As far as my knowledge goes, this is a new platform and not the same based on Wagon R/Alto/Zen Estilo. Nissan wont be buying that platform. Then it would mean Nissan Pixo is one generation behind the now defunct Wagon R+ in Europe.

The qualifier 2360mm wheelbase is not reason enough to decide this. Suzuki kept the wheelbase same for next one generation in Kei car in Japan ( basically the generation next to the Wagon R/Alto/Zen Estilo, but Dihatsu Move beat Suzuki here with a longer wheelbase for the restricted lenght class cars ).
aaggoswami is offline  
Old 7th November 2008, 11:36   #524
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 773
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Some websites have reported that A star is being launched tomorrow, Saturday, instead of 21st November, Saturday. Not sure of the reliability.
opendro is offline  
Old 7th November 2008, 13:07   #525
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 182
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Some websites have reported that A star is being launched tomorrow, Saturday, instead of 21st November, Saturday. Not sure of the reliability.
Yes, I was also reading somewhere on the net that it is going to be launched on 8th Nov (Sat).

Lets wait and watch till tomorrow.
tarunmadhok is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Suzuki A-Star facelift spotted abroad chinmaybaikar The Indian Car Scene 33 1st September 2012 18:12
Maruti To Launch Suzuki Splash as Maruti Suzuki Ritz in May 2009 romeomidhun The Indian Car Scene 350 9th May 2009 19:33
Suzuki Splash coming soon to India! redcandle The Indian Car Scene 171 11th March 2008 16:32
Suzuki project Splash :The new A2-segment car from Maruti? thainogkok The Indian Car Scene 11 17th September 2006 20:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:29.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks