Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd September 2009, 17:59   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
Hi All,

This morning I got a call from HP and they asked me the details about my experience with Joyce Bunk and I explained them my side of the story.
Great the you took the initiative to atleast complaint. I have experienced this before as i said, HP is quick to react in such cases.
Take 2-3 guys with you and give the owner a piece of your mind of what you think about their cheap tactics.

Whoever faces a problem with HP should atleast report on online complaint forum, they always call back.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 22:36   #167
BHPian

The great Indian distract and cheat trick was tried on me by the BP petrol pump guys on Wheeler road next to Thoms Bakery in Bangalore. Two guys surrounded me, one on left and one on right. Told one guy to fill 500 worth of fuel and he went and did something on the fuel meter. Asked me to check zero. The other guy distracted me with usual wash/wipe windscreen. Next thing I know the meter is at 100 bucks already. Gave them a good tongue lashing and asked them to reset. The guy filled up till 400 and said it is done. Gave them a piece of my mind and the guy meekly filled in the rest 100 and was ruefully discussing in Kannada that he had to fill "extra" thinking that I don't understand the language(my mother tongue is Hindi).

Please avoid this bunk.
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 22:48   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I put up a complaint on the HP website through their Feedback section. Gave them this thread's id and asked them to look into the several complaints cited here.
But doubt if any severe action will be taken as they are all hand in glove with one another.
Its best to be vigilant at our level, get off the 2 wheeler or car and see how the fuel is dispensed keeping all other distracting thoughts in the backburner during those moments. Also its best to mark notorious petrol pumps and avoid them. There are good ones which can be always visited.
More than one month past- no reply from the HP people.They must all be well aware of the dealer's manipulations and the viruses in their network with which they are conniving for sure.
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 19:45   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
More than one month past- no reply from the HP people.They must all be well aware of the dealer's manipulations and the viruses in their network with which they are conniving for sure.
This is the mail that I received from Mr A.K. Singh of HPCL on 7/10/2009
From
Ashish Kumar Singh ashishksingh@hpcl.co.in(complaint 09000854)

Dear Dr. A Chatterjee ,

This has reference to the Complaint forwarded by you of Mr. Chetan Suri . The same complaint was received from Mr. Chetan Suri also. I had taken the detailed info about his experience at the subject Retail Outlet on 25th Sept. I visited the Retail Outlet on 25th Sept itself & sought explanation from the Dealer on the incident.

After getting the reply from the Dealer we have levied a Financial Penalty to him with a caution that such incident should not occur in future.

Regards

Ashish Kumar Singh
Sr. Marketing Officer
Bangalore Retail Region
Mobile-9448281168

Kudos to Mr Ashish Kr Singh, Sr Marketing Officer, HP, Bangalore Region. At least they have acknowledged my complaint and taken some action.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 00:04   #170
BHPian

First of all let me apologise to you all on not replying about the action taken on Joyce pump.

I met Mr. Khan owner of Joyce pump at his bunk and gave him a piece of mind, later on I identified the 2 employees after that Mr. Khan told that he would terminate them. and when he had sent me a mail for me to oblige about the action taken to which I replied the following.

Hello Mr. Khan,

I came back to Bangalore this morning, so couldn't reply to this mail.

As per my discussion with you, and as per your promise during our discussion that is
1. to provide a much better service in future by installing the new bill printing system associated with the petrol / diesel dispenser
2. Dismissal of your below named employees for cheating and harassing
a. Prakash (Petrol Dispenser)
b. Devraj (Cashier)

I hope that you have implemented the above mentioned action items and stick to your word about providing a better experience to all the customers in future.

Thanks,
Chetan

After that incident I have never bothered to look at any other station apart from Shell and my Bike RE TB gives a milage of 37Kms and my cars Indica & Santro give around 15 & 14 within the city limits respectively.

Before I end this message, I would like to thank everyone who supported me in every possible way in my fight.

Thanks,
Chetan Suri
SAMUDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 02:32   #171
BHPian

100 mein 99 bei maan.............. coming from a pump owner.

try it out. IOC at its flagship pumps (where it knows there is no jhol) has already installed a printout machine within its dispensers.

You need to know where and push for it.

cheers
Jaago Grahak Jaago.
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 11:07   #172
BHPian

The Indian Oil Pump on Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road (near Ghitorni) has some very rude staff, and one filler unit has been unserviceable for ages now. I guess regular flow of traffic on the road has made them arrogant.

The near Indian Oil Pump near Sec 56, Gurgaon (next to Botanical Garden/Wazirabad) gives better service, always asks to check zero etc. However when you demand a bill, the staff will *ask* what amount - I understand you can get any bill by paying 20 bucks to the guy.

Kinda like selling fake medical bills for saving tax. IOC has little control over their dealerships.

The best fuel station I've seen in NCR is at chirag delhi, on the BRT corridor.
abhi413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 15:23   #173
BHPian

I was in reliance for long time so had the fuel pump in our township manageed by us so no issues were there . in fact my Premier padmini also used to give an average of 13 plus.
3 years back when i shifted to mumbai i used the HP pumps but since i joined this forum i read somewhere about BP pumps. Recently a BP outlet opening in our vincinity so i make sure i get the refuelling done there. But i have noticed it for sure that the average of the vehcile changes from pump to pump.
regards
dkcrpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:01   #174
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
First of all let me apologise to you all on not replying about the action taken on Joyce pump.
Chetan,

I'm checking in on this thread after over a month. It is good to know that you have been able to resolve the problem.

Regards,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:58   #175
BHPian

most of the refill stations meters are tempered with. One should be carefull while getting the refill done. I normally get down from the car, check the meter and the others things carefully.
anuprav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 22:28   #176
BHPian

Aaah, for the third time the guys at Favorite Auto Services - HP dealer at Hosur Road, Koramangala, Bangalore (near St. Johns Hospital) tried to cheat me in same manner. The last time, I made a scene, went to the manager(?) and found out he gladly supports his staff to cheat customers - a share of it doesn't hurt, may be.
Here is what they do - Two guys will come, one will put petrol pipe to the fuel tank and requests you to check the meter is Zero. He does it very politely and tries to impress with his promptness. Now he very well will pretend that he is starting to fill the fuel and the next guy will turn your attention with some silly Qns (card or cash sir, normal or premium - hell the normal pipe is already put in place)
And in case you missed a second's attention from the meter - somehow it will jump to 200 Rs and 3.xx litres of fuel. They normally will say, the fuel pump suddenly got stuck and will start again from zero - and final bill is 200 + actual amount.
I really wonder how they do the trick of jumping to 200 Rs in a second without a single drop of fuel pumped out - must have really worked in detail with the meter to do this fraud.
Not a bad business, even if they manage to cheat 5 people per day , it is 1000 rupees.

It is my mistake going there anyways, blame it on the imint card points thingy - but not again to any of these HP robbers. Posting this for you guys to be aware, if you are not -which I am sure will not be the case - a Google on "Fraud at HP outlets Bangalore" will not disappoint any

Note:- Have put a detailed complaint to HP on their website - let me see if any response is provided.
RakishRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 09:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

This is something new I'm hearing. Tampering to meter to jump to a specific amount. This calls for all the more attention to stick your eyes on the meter. But which meter ? The fuel dipensed or the cash meter ? It is best now-a-days to carry and accomplice with you who handles all the questionaire does the payment while you can fix your eyes on the meter. Atleast the cash one.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 10:13   #178
Senior - BHPian

LOL! Is it not time the mods changed the title of this thread as "Cheating at petrol pumps"? We see almost all pumps represented here!

Last edited by Gansan : 18th December 2009 at 10:17.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 10:15   #179
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I observed 200+800 cheating techniques in almost all gas stations
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 10:15   #180
Senior - BHPian

Lol! Yeah I guess a clean up is required here. There is already a thread for all other fuel pumps. Maybe both can be merged into a single thread.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote