Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th March 2009, 18:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

The new Supeb looks much better and more luxurious than the previous design. I hope it is a hit with Indian buyers as Skoda must have learnt a lesson from Hyundai's Sonata fiasco.
Old 8th March 2009, 19:45   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
the skoda india website has a link to the new superb showing the petol engine no mention of the diesel
Thats because it aint coming at the launch. Its not coming before 6 months as per my source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
You mean to say the Diesel's going to be a better seller? Is that only because it's a diesel or because it's a better car somehow?
It will be a better seller due to the FE , the obvious choice for many buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
i bet the 30 gb hard disk wont make it to indian version also the sat nav system
skoda cheapos 30 gb hd costs max 1500 imagine the amount of songs u could save on it
The sat nav is coming afaik , not sure about the hard disk.
Old 8th March 2009, 19:50   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The new Supeb looks much better and more luxurious than the previous design. I hope it is a hit with Indian buyers as Skoda must have learnt a lesson from Hyundai's Sonata fiasco.
dosent look like it the strong point of skoda is diesel engines with good milage when the petrol model flops the smart guys from skoda will release the diesel after 6 months by that time it will be 2 late for the new superb(remember the previous sonata)
i was really looking for my dad to sell his laura and buy the new superb seems like its not going to happen now with only the petrol engine available

Last edited by dockap : 8th March 2009 at 19:52.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:48   #184
BHPian

So when exactly are the petrol and diesel versions expected to release?
Old 9th March 2009, 10:40   #185
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white Superb a test drive car or not, don't know.. doing the rounds here in khar. Spoke to dealer Autobahn said they getting the car for display on Thursday and subsequently the test drive vehicle will follow.
I know the chief service advisor here at one of the dealers he told me that the diesel will be available in May. Said they were called for the training for it few weeks back. He hinted its similar to passat. I am hoping it would be the CRDi. But I am more certain that it's gonna be the PD engine to start with.
Hope they plonk in a 170bhp PD.
Old 10th March 2009, 13:12   #186
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from one of the dealer here, it seems they already have the car in the showroom and ready for the test drive. Will be going in the evening for the test drive.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:32   #187
BHPian

It's launched. More details at -

Did I read this right -

The new Superb, of which only one variant will be available now, is priced at Rs 1.88 million (ex-showroom Delhi), while the older models were priced between Rs 2.01 million and Rs 2.27 million.

Skoda launches new Superb for Indian market- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by windsurfer : 10th March 2009 at 17:34.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:57   #188
BHPian

Got to see the car in silver at the autobahn andheri showroom today afternoon !
Looks really elegant from the front but I thought the back of the car looked okay. But the Reddish maroon color that I'd seen at the Mumbai show was stunning.

Car is huge and it wreaks quality. Very elegantly finished on the inside. Typically Skoda. Didn't get a chance to check out the music system as it wasn't activated. But really, my only grouse is the diesel engine that is missing from under the hood right now. Or else i would be sold.

The guy couldn't help me with the mumbai pricing as it wasn't revealed then but said that would work out to approximately 23 lakh on road. Looking forward to the test drive !
Old 10th March 2009, 18:11   #189
BHPian

Oh, and I forgot to mention the funniest part !!
The sales guy, while mentioning the features of the car, goes on to say that the engine is so advanced that the car does 0-100km/h in 6 seconds !!! Hahaaa.

I couldn't control myself, so i corrected him by saying, that kind of performance belongs to say a supercar and this car does it in about 9 secs. But he persisted with the 6 second figure and says that even Porsche are coming out with this technology in their engines now! Lol !
Old 10th March 2009, 18:23   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReckDriver View Post
But he persisted with the 6 second figure and says that even Porsche are coming out with this technology in their engines now! Lol !
Ingenious fellow!

Porsche does use very similar engine technology though.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:00   #191
Senior - BHPian

Hey check this website... Skoda Superb

Regards
Old 10th March 2009, 21:37   #192

Default Skoda plans to launch new small car

The Hindu Business Line : Skoda plans to launch new small car

NEW DELHI: Skoda India, part of Germany- based Volkswagen group, is planning to launch a new small car, which would be priced below its entry-level model Fabia, in the country in the coming years.
The company has been saying it would introduce the new car and it would be priced below Fabia, the range for which starts at around Rs 5 lakh.
“The new small car will be launched in the next 3-5 years,” Skoda Auto India Board Member-Sales and Marketing, Mr Thomas Kuehl said here on Tuesday. Other models of the company in India are Laura, Octavia and Superb. It has about 25 per cent market share in the C+ segment of cars in the country.
The auto maker will also introduce the new version of its sedan Superb, which will be available with a 1.8 litre petrol engine. The car will come with seven gears and will be priced at Rs 18.88 lakh (ex-showroom) in Delhi.
It has a network of 60 dealerships across the country and has sold over 65,000 units since 2001. - PTI

3-5 years??? why cant they make the launch time mroe like 1 year??
Old 10th March 2009, 22:44   #193
Senior - BHPian

The Skoda Superb has been launched at Rs.18.8 lacs(ex-showroom, New Delhi).
I think it's a bargain at this price! S-class comfort at less than C-class price.Awesome value for money!
Old 10th March 2009, 23:01   #194
BHPian

Porsche does use very similar engine technology though.[/quote]

True, its been a while since they have been incorporating it. But the guy goes on to say that NOW they are coming out with this technology
Old 11th March 2009, 09:54   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offside View Post
The Hindu Business Line : Skoda plans to launch new small car

NEW DELHI: Skoda India, part of Germany- based Volkswagen group, is planning to launch a new small car, which would be priced below its entry-level model Fabia, in the country in the coming years.
The company has been saying it would introduce the new car and it would be priced below Fabia, the range for which starts at around Rs 5 lakh.
“The new small car will be launched in the next 3-5 years,” Skoda Auto India Board Member-Sales and Marketing, Mr Thomas Kuehl said here on Tuesday. Other models of the company in India are Laura, Octavia and Superb. It has about 25 per cent market share in the C+ segment of cars in the country.
The auto maker will also introduce the new version of its sedan Superb, which will be available with a 1.8 litre petrol engine. The car will come with seven gears and will be priced at Rs 18.88 lakh (ex-showroom) in Delhi.
It has a network of 60 dealerships across the country and has sold over 65,000 units since 2001. - PTI

3-5 years??? why cant they make the launch time mroe like 1 year??
Skoda Auto India looking at revamping its prices -

NEW DELHI: Czech car maker Skoda is looking to revamp prices to gain higher market share in the Indian premium car market.

Read on @ Economic Times

So finally they realized that their cars are overpriced!
Closed Thread