Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:02   #16
BHPian
 
ankit.jhamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 574
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No you won't. We went there and had to TD a verna instead

if the car is not available at HMP then acc. to me it will not be available with any other dealer as well.

but why hyundai is not having a test drive vehicles??.why do every time a customer asks for a test drive car,they ask for TDing verna instead..
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:06   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,644 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
if the car is not available at HMP then acc. to me it will not be available with any other dealer as well.

but why hyundai is not having a test drive vehicles??.why do every time a customer asks for a test drive car,they ask for TDing verna instead..
Cars which don't sell are not kept in stock.
For example when I went for a Safari TD, I had to TD a 4x2 and not a 4x4.
Ditto for getz.
Its on order, so you can't TD it unless you buy it.


A showroom has to buy TD cars. So they invest in cars which sell a lot. A car which gets just 2% of TD enquiries... well that goes bust.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:03   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I've been on their GetzD TD waiting list for nearly two months now
Baaahhh...get in line boy! I've been on that list for over 7 months now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
if the car is not available at HMP then acc. to me it will not be available with any other dealer as well.
No dealer in NCR/UP has a TD car for the Getz CRDi. I've been offered a proper TD on a customer car (awaiting delivery!) by the Moradabad dealer & a small TD (within compound premises!) by HMP also on a customer car. I refused on both occasions.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:56   #19
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 809
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
try sending a complaint letter to their management(high official), response should be quick. i once had problems with my car & wrote directly to BVR subbu, he personally got the matter sorted out.
If I'm not wrong, BVR Subbu quit Hyundai a couple of years back; with his exit fell Hyundai's pricing, sales and marketing strategies... they are scrambling to get to their fundamentals!
AirWind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 17:33   #20
BHPian
 
ankit.jhamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 574
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Cars which don't sell are not kept in stock.
For example when I went for a Safari TD, I had to TD a 4x2 and not a 4x4.
Ditto for getz.
Its on order, so you can't TD it unless you buy it.


A showroom has to buy TD cars. So they invest in cars which sell a lot. A car which gets just 2% of TD enquiries... well that goes bust.

ok,i agree on the investment part,but atleast HMP can afford the investment of getzD.there would have been many customers who would want to TD a car before buying
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Baaahhh...get in line boy! I've been on that list for over 7 months now!!
Gurudev,

Shri Shri 1008 tyrewala ji ke hum aagey kaise lag sakte hain. Hum toh sirf thread starter abodh baalak se aagey hain.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
.... a small TD (within compound premises!) by HMP also on a customer car. I refused ....
Ditto shame. I was given the same option even by Safdarjung Hyundai but I said either I'll TD a staffer's car or a TD piece not a customer's car. This is weird.

How do Mercedes/other premium brands handle this quandary?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:46   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Gurudev,

Shri Shri 1008 tyrewala ji ke hum aagey kaise lag sakte hain. Hum toh sirf thread starter abodh baalak se aagey hain.
Nahi nahin just kidding! Anyway, I have finally secured an extended TD which I hope to do soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
How do Mercedes/other premium brands handle this quandary?
By having a TD car available of all versions of all models, at least the mass selling ones. For instance MBIL sent 4 cars for my friend's TD, C180 Manual, C180 Auto, C200 CDI Manual, C200 Auto.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:00   #23
BHPian
 
CorsaLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
By having a TD car available of all versions of all models, at least the mass selling ones. For instance MBIL sent 4 cars for my friend's TD, C180 Manual, C180 Auto, C200 CDI Manual, C200 Auto.

I think it is mandatory for a Merc Dealer to have a TD for every model within 2 months of the model's launch. Till then the company sends its own vehicle to every dealer and takes it back after 60 days.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 00:48   #24
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NA
Posts: 513
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
If I'm not wrong, BVR Subbu quit Hyundai a couple of years back; with his exit fell Hyundai's pricing, sales and marketing strategies... they are scrambling to get to their fundamentals!
yes you are right , i was talking of a couple of years back. subbus exit did affect hyundai for sometime, but it got back on its feet pretty quickly. as they say organizations are bigger than a worker . so, the show must go on, as mr. subbu went on.
hyundai is having strong fundamentals whatsoever. according to a survey in UK , they are among the top 5 manufacturers.
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 15:01   #25
BHPian
 
Speed-Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 143
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Hey Guys,

I happen to have a TD in Mumbai and this car Rocks, i own a OHC 1.5 with Magnaflow, Iridiums and K&N's and i felt as much as home in the Getz. I have booked the car and will get the delivery in a week from now.

Cheers !!!
Speed-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 20:42   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
AbhiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,298
Thanked: 462 Times
Default

I also tried in vain to get a TD of the Hyundai Tuscon in Kolkata. All the dealers failed to deliver.
AbhiJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Good day, I am interested in a test drive"...."Sorry sir, we don't have a car for TD" Dippy Indian Car Dealerships 181 11th December 2017 17:48
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30) ph03n!x Long-Term Ownership Reviews 598 6th November 2012 00:02
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Does selling 06 Getz GLE and buying a Getz CRDI or GLX with ABS make any sense? rm_arjuna Hatchbacks 16 26th April 2009 21:30
Sorry Sir, your hotel booking has been cancelled. pjbiju Street Experiences 8 3rd April 2008 12:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks