Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th July 2008, 11:04   #16
BHPian

I don't think you can do anything legal against them..

You should have asked for much more than mp3 player before giving them any amount.

Only way out is to approach the higher authority at ford..

write to [COLOR=#0000cc]write2md@ford.com[/COLOR]
gauravchawla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 12:34   #17
BHPian

I too think no legal action could be taken against them, as it was already confirmed to you when the deal was made. You should have demaded the same earlier.

It was just bad luck i should say.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 14:27   #18
Max
BHPian

I don't understand why everybody is backing the guy and giving him wrong suggestions to go and sue ford dealer in court when he has no point. I know usually companies are wrong but here they clearly told him the offer is no longer good hence they are not at fault.

Have you ever bought any gold?. If not, let me tell you, when you buy the gold, gold merchant will confirm you the current traded price and will take an order from you. You have to buy gold from him at the agreed price even if gold's price fall by 2% in few hours.

At the time of booking dealer told him the offer is no longer valid and he booked the car anyway. Where is the fault of ford motors or their dealers in this?

Yes, it would be best, if they give him MP3 player for free as per current offer to keep customer happy but they are not obliged to do that. After all companies and dealerships are sitting in market to make profits.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 14:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

most team bhpians , especially those of us who haunt the ICE section find the stock ICE in most indian cars quite lame(the Swift/SX4 ZXi's for example) . So be happy you don't have to worry about dashboard replacement kits and steering volume control wiring harnesses and things like that , and get some good ICE done , and forget the whole thing
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 14:55   #20
tez
BHPian

i think he has mentioned in his post that the offer had been discontinued. Hence no point going after the dealer or Ford. Either he should have bargained for it or else tough luck is what i can say. He now has choice of a good after market mp3 player rather than a lame one from Ford.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 14:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is very strange. When my dad bought his Ikon, there was no offer on the system as such but the dealer asked my dad what he did and when dad told him that he is a structural engineering consultant, this guy asked for the copy of his engg degree and promised to work something out for him. One fine day, after a week of buying the car, the dealer calls him and gives him a voucher of Rs 7500 which he can use to buy a music system (kenwood) from their showroom. All in all dad just had to pay 2-3 k from his own pocket and he had a mp3 player in his car with 4 speakers (also from Ford)

Frankly, touchwood, I and my dad both have had lovely experiences with Ford so are very happy. Infact the car was delivered especially on Diwali even though the dealership was closed, the autocop and gearlock were installed the next day at our house and the registration papers were delivered to my house.
What more can I ask for from Ford?
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 22:22   #22
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default I have personnal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
If i am correct, I dont think consumer court would take 8 to 9 years, If any body can put some light on how many days usually a consumer court justifies the case.

The case in the courts regarding my Junkindica was filed by me in the year 2001.
My case is in the state forum and from here it has to go to the National forum. Presently there are cases from year 2000 in the state forum and my turn will come after another 2 to 4 months. It will take another 2 years for the National forum. All in all it will take 9 to 10 years and above. Expenditure will depend on whether you argue the case yourself which I did in the District court and hence saved a packet. I won there but the company took a stay order from the state forum against the district forums order which was in my favour.

I have continued with the case since I would anyway require a second car such as an Indica to bash around in the city and that's why I have decided to keep my Junkindica. The other thing that's kept me going is that the vehicle inspector( for expert opinion) proposed by TATA company has given a report which is totally in my favour since try as he might he could not climb and cross north railway over bridge in Ernakulam with rated payload.. An expert driver from the TATA's were called for and his inability to cross over to the other side of the mild gradient was the final nail in the coffin

Last edited by drpullockaran : 8th July 2008 at 22:34.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 22:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dude!! Stop getting so worked up on this silly issue, instead of going to consumer court, filing a case and all that nonsense, just go to an accessory shop and get an MP3 player of your choice fitted. It would cost only a fraction of filing a case and has no headaches. And trust me, the one that ford gives is a pathetic excuse for a head unit, and the lesser said about the speaker, the better.

Also, Guys, I really dont get the idea of most of u encouraging this guy on to legal hassles, a person who has gone thru one of these will know the irritation and waste of time it causes. If it is for something big like a faulty car or something its ok, but for a 3000Rs accessory??

Also, i've noticed a new trend on this site that any car with even a slight fault is immediately pushed off as a TD car, and we'll have statements like "You have been sold a lemon, your car was definitely used a a TD car" and a lot of assorted nonsense. Think before u make such statements guys, we really dont want to be advising anyone onto the wrong track.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 01:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

I agree with some of the other views. Move on and forget about the MP3 player. If they had announced a new engine (and you had been promised this) then I would take it further. A ford MP3 player it neither here or there.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 19:48   #25

Thank you all of you who have chipped in with your advice.
Lemme make a few things clear , yes i was promised something at the time of enquiry and also told that it was no longer on offer at the time of booking. But i was also told that i would have to pay the price of the car at the delivery date , so dont i also get the prevailing offers of the date? Also i havent bothered to wait for the ford ICE as i have already bought anAlpine Blaupunkt combo worth double the ford system ( which was my original plan anyway) ,with which i am very happy , but why the hell was i not offered something which they have advertised all over when i took delivery of the car in July??
Like i said the amount is not something which going to make any diff to me but its just that it would have felt a lot nicer if i had got it ! Bieng from the service industry myself ( i am a Chef ) i know first hand how these things effect customers and am facing the same myself . there is so much goodwill which can be gained or lost with these things as stated by someone who had bought a wagon r and got benefit of just such a deal . I have written to Ford customer service and thier replies are the same as stated .
Well anyway my whole point of this post was to bring to light how Ford has taken me for a ride and just to warn other customer of the same . If this can help others , and can make Frod change its policies towards such things then my purpose is served . Its just sad that inspite of making such good vehicles Ford has to indulge in such petiness .
tirath1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 22:52   #26
BHPian

@tirath1970

First of all, congrats on your Fusion and welcome to the elite club!

I see some confusion here - the offer was on in June (but not in May). I and my friend bought two Fusions late-June and the offer was very much on. I think it was on in April, not in May and on again in June. I think you should have got the offer since you were billed on 30th June (the offer was upto June 30th - I guess would normally be applied upto 5th of next month too, the way Ford works). May be you should double check the dates and discuss with the dealer that you didn't get the offer you should have got on the day - there was a newspaper ad on 4th June if you can find it - I have the ad and can post a pic if you can't find it.

But if the offer was not in force when you were billed, you don't have a case there, it is pure bad luck - and I see this was clearly communicated and there is no taking-for-a-ride by ford. I was in the same position as you when I went for a booking in May and the offer was not there, while my whole negotiation was in April with the MP3 player - and the dealer did not budge even when I said I was not going to book without the offer. I backed out and waited to see the new fiesta in June - but that is another story.

That said, the dealer takes back the MP3 player + speakers at less than 7K, so not a lot to worry if the offer was not there when you were billed. If you actually did not buy in June, it is still worthwhile to write to Ford asking them to do something out of goodwill, and it looks like it did not work for you. I don't think you can fight for it though.

Do post some pics and let us know your OTR price and freebies you got.
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 20:36   #27

GLASS, thanks for your 'welcome to the elite club'. well the offer was on in may and not june, i dunno how you are saying otherwise. also the car was billed without my knowledge on the 30th of june even though i had not made the full payment and the dealer knew that i would go into july before i got my car loan approved , which is what happened and i got the check on the 2nd of july and then took delivery and didnt really bother to check the invoice date, also i didnt know of the offer then . its only a few days later my friend pointed out this ad saying the offer was on again. well anyway i was never interested in the Ford ICE and was only looking for the 7.5 k paid out from Ford to subsidise my own ICE purchase .
tirath1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 00:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirath1970 View Post
GLASS, thanks for your 'welcome to the elite club'. well the offer was on in may and not june, i dunno how you are saying otherwise.
Impossible, 'coz we bought in June too and got the offer - also see the ad of 4th June I am attaching. And I would guess offers would be common all over the country.
Quote:
also the car was billed without my knowledge on the 30th of june...
Good for you, 'coz the date of billing is what matters.
Quote:
...anyway i was never interested in the Ford ICE and was only looking for the 7.5 k paid out from Ford to subsidise my own ICE purchase .
Check if you got the discount already included in your deal. And do post how much you paid and what you got, in addition to some pics, of course! What color is it? And is it a plus diesel? There is a yahoo group "fordfusion" too!

Anyway, I don't think you should worry about it too much now, and rather enjoy the car!
Attached Images

Glass is offline   Reply With Quote