Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2009, 11:58   #196
Senior - BHPian

Just confirmed the fortuner is coming in the latest facelifted version currently available around the world still no confirmation on auto tranny!
Old 15th April 2009, 15:07   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Just confirmed the fortuner is coming in the latest facelifted version currently available around the world still no confirmation on auto tranny!
Good News, am pretty confident they would launch this with Auto Transmission. Given the fact their costlier cars are available with Auto Transmission. Both Corolla & Camry. I guess Prado would be available with Auto transmission in India too.

Wonder why dont they launch Innova with Auto transmission. That would be the next best thing.
Old 15th April 2009, 15:23   #198
Senior - BHPian

tanwaramit you bet they should launched the innova with auto infact this 12 months ago!!
Old 12th February 2010, 12:35   #199
BHPian

I was at Nandi toyota to check innova/altis for some of my colleagues and the sales person (very well informed and professional girl) confirmed Altis diesel coming this July with 1.4L engine making 98BHP. Didn't say anything on the pricing side though.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:49   #200
Senior - BHPian

You have said it perfectly.
I couldnt agree with you more on these statements.

Given the Tata Aria is coming in, I guess its only a matter of time before the new gen Safari pops up and the new gen Global Scorpio/SUV from Mahindra pops up. If as reports have it, they do actually price these around the 15 lakh range with all the functional bells and whistles, they can become game changers in the industry!

No way is it worth paying these ridiculous premiums that the foreign SUV's ask for. Even the much touted Skoda Yeti, despite all the goodies it packs in, is simply not worth it at Rs 18 -19 ish which is what the speculation is, for On Road price Bangalore. Much better to wait 2 years and buy it in the used market when some rich boy has cast off his new toy, IMO.

Same story with the Fortuner, Tucson, Pajero, Endy etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The only way foreign manufacturs will lower the price is if Mahindra or Tata sell a world class SUV at about 15 lakhs. Honestly I am pinning my hopes in the next gen Tata Safari (if it ever comes out) or the next global SUV from Mahindra.

I love Toyota products and I can afford a budget of 20 lakhs, but I cannot get myself to pay a 100% premium over a decent Tata/Mahindra product. I doubt any of the import SUVs sold in the 20 lakhs bracket are twice as good as a high end scropio or Safari. My logic is that I can buy a Safari/Scorpio for half the cost and upgrade to a much more newer version three years down the line when hopefully we will have more choices rather than pay a ridicululous premium just because it has a Honda/Toyota/Mitsu emblem !!
Note from Mod : Old thread, next Gen Corolla and Fortuner already here, hence closing.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2010 at 22:46. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread