Closed Thread

Old 17th August 2008, 11:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

The rav4's third row will not be as comfortable as that of the fortuner's IMO
Old 17th August 2008, 12:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Since India is one of the most densly populated countries in the world, Land cruiser or Fortuner is a bad idea.

RAV4 is an ideal vehicle for middle class indians, and indian road conditions, both for off and on road occasions.

When will Toyota get it??????
to some extent. the Rav4 was not designed to be a serious off roader like its bigger brothers. it is meant for the roads primarily, so if you meant the mud and bad roads then yes it is suited.
the landcruiser Prado is doing well for itself in India so the Fortuner would do well too provided they stick to the right price and BRING THE CAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
The rav4's third row will not be as comfortable as that of the fortuner's IMO
My friend the Rav4 does not have a third row of seats. it is way smaller than the fortuner and is a five seater. to compare it you have the CRV as an example for size.
Old 17th August 2008, 20:53   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My friend the Rav4 does not have a third row of seats. it is way smaller than the fortuner and is a five seater. to compare it you have the CRV as an example for size.
The latest version launched in 2006 and pictured in this thread does come with a 3rd row option. But as you pointed out, it's a much smaller Soft roader falling into the category of the CRV/Grand Vitara etc and the third row is only for kids.
Old 17th August 2008, 21:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has too many Innova kits to off load is what I was confirmed by someone in the know and India seems to be the all favourite dumping ground...The folks at toyota India confirmed that it won't be here till late 2009 early 2010...he even asked me to send in an email and sent the same to the India boss who is a Japanese...I think they are all sleeping or high on sakee....Auto bild did a piece when I called the jurno who wrote the piece he too could not confirm a date...

Guys is toyota known to mislead on launches? or Am i correct based on above that they will bring it after I become a grandfather?
Old 17th August 2008, 22:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:

The RAV4 does have an option for 3rd row seat although it is rather small and not available with the leather seats package, you have to step down to cloth seating.
Old 18th August 2008, 00:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new gen RAV 4 (i think it came out at the same time as the new CRV) does have a third row. I had the misfortune of sitting in one of these and the leg room was pretty sad.
Old 8th September 2008, 12:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Now corolla already out, whats next Toyota?? Can we have Fortuner now?
Old 8th September 2008, 14:49   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota will be busy consolidating the Corola Altis volumes for the rest of this fiscal year. However simulataneously they will be working on the small car project and the second factory for the small car. Once the second plant is up they will free the corolla assembly line for Fortuner by moving the corolla assembly line to the new bigger capacity factory.
Old 8th September 2008, 16:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Now corolla already out, whats next Toyota?? Can we have Fortuner now?
I think they will focus on small car project Toyota yaris.

hope they let out Fortuner by next year
Old 28th September 2008, 13:54   #55
BHPian

The information on Fortuner is sprinkling in the recen weeks. I guess, the day is not far when we will get some concrete info on it.
GV is here but a 5 seater , low power and only petrol engine, Pajero - too old, low power, outlander (coming soon)- only petrol, 5 seater, and montero - too pricey are here. CRV in two Avatars, Scorpio AT , Safari all are available except - Fortuner.

Pity is that CRV is only petrol, too pricey and just 5 seater, Pajero is too crude and so is endeavour Thunder- too big for city, Scorpio AT- no 4*4, & Safari is also fine but not in the same league, Endeavour & Captiva in diesel but no AT.

I am now looking forward to fortuner - hope it is launched soon with a diesel engine, 4*4 & AT , 7 seater till then will manager with Mhawk. Anyone has any concrete info on fortuner- please, update.
Old 28th September 2008, 15:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

According to me Fortuner will be launched in Mid. 2009 but expect price bracket around 18lacs which is not good.

Regards,

Ravi,
Old 28th September 2008, 15:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

The CAPTIVA is going to be coming in the AT version very shortly. This is confirmed news from a senior GM personnel.

Cheers
Old 29th September 2008, 09:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The CAPTIVA is going to be coming in the AT version very shortly. This is confirmed news from a senior GM personnel.

Cheers
Thanks for the optimistic note. This news has been around Feb 2007 and till date, this is the third time post launch in January 08, that GM is mulling over bringing in Captiva AT. However, IMHO, Captiva AT( 2 lts , 150 bhp) is no match to Fortuner ( if launched with 3 ltr 163 bhp with matching torque) - unless GM puts outlanders' tranmission system in Captiva. Still Toyota rules in terms of relaibility over GM.

So I still hope Fortuner is at least announced by Toyota India( it has been coming since 2005). 2009 Toyota Fortuner and 2009 Toyota Hilux Vigo at Thailand's top 4x4 exporter importer Soni Motors :: Thailand's Largest Vehicle, Parts and Accessories Exporter :: Exporting Toyota Vigo, Mitsubishi L200 Triton and Toyota Fortuner Here is update info on Fortuner , facelifted.
Old 30th September 2008, 18:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Thanks for the optimistic note. This news has been around Feb 2007 and till date, this is the third time post launch in January 08, that GM is mulling over bringing in Captiva AT. However, IMHO, Captiva AT( 2 lts , 150 bhp) is no match to Fortuner ( if launched with 3 ltr 163 bhp with matching torque) - unless GM puts outlanders' tranmission system in Captiva. Still Toyota rules in terms of relaibility over GM.

So I still hope Fortuner is at least announced by Toyota India( it has been coming since 2005). 2009 Toyota Fortuner and 2009 Toyota Hilux Vigo at Thailand's top 4x4 exporter importer Soni Motors :: Thailand's Largest Vehicle, Parts and Accessories Exporter :: Exporting Toyota Vigo, Mitsubishi L200 Triton and Toyota Fortuner Here is update info on Fortuner , facelifted.

I am not doing a TOYOTA vs GM here. I agree that the TOYOTA Fortuner will be a vehicle worth seriously looking at. Just saying that the Captiva would be coming in with AT.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 30th September 2008 at 18:58.
Old 1st October 2008, 09:34   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I am not doing a TOYOTA vs GM here. I agree that the TOYOTA Fortuner will be a vehicle worth seriously looking at. Just saying that the Captiva would be coming in with AT.

Cheers
Neither am I. I have a Mhawk VLX picked up 3 months back becasue there was no news in sight about Scorpio AT . In Mumbai traffic , I am using Santro AT while Scorpio is lying there back at home. I would seriously like to change it for a SUV with AT within budget and Scorpio AT is surely an option. But having driven one already , I am more interested in Fortuner or Captiva AT . Unfortunately neither fortuner is coming, nor Captiv AT ing is. I was just saying that IMHO, I find more brawnie points with Fortuner.

And would love to hear about Captiva either. Whichever arrives first. GM has a dealer near my place while Toyota nearest is 35 kms away so naturally, its win-win either way ( or lose lose).. lets see.
Closed Thread