Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 00:04   #106
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Its beeen long since there was a new post on this thread, Guys I have tried searching for the spares price list for fabia for 2010 especially post May, But Im unable to find it. Could any one guide me where Do I get it from.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 09:50   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Its beeen long since there was a new post on this thread, Guys I have tried searching for the spares price list for fabia for 2010 especially post May, But Im unable to find it. Could any one guide me where Do I get it from.
Prices of spares have gone down.

I can confirm a few:
Clutch plate (petrol) ~8K, but they replace the flywheel too, so together it is ~16k.
Bumpers are in the 3-4k range now, down from ~8k.
Front brake pads in 2.5-3k range.
Price of the filters have gone down too.

Air Filter Element with Rs 325
Fuel Filter Rs 865
Pollen Filter Element Rs 596
Oil Filter Element Rs 587


These are approx figures.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 12:55   #108
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Thanks a ton Robin, any idea of the ORVM's cost, especially the electronically controlled ones, door replacements etc.Do you own a Fabia Robin? Thanks a ton once again.

Last edited by MihirC : 6th October 2010 at 12:57.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 13:40   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Thanks a ton Robin, any idea of the ORVM's cost, especially the electronically controlled ones, door replacements etc.Do you own a Fabia Robin? Thanks a ton once again.
My pleasure.

Yes I own a Fabia 1.2 Amb petrol , 26 months and 30,000 kms old.

OVRM's cost around 2.5-3.5k in the Classic model. I am not sure about the Heated OVRM's.


Front door ~ 8K, Tailgate ~ 7k , according to ACI June '10 edition. Have not checked the real price from the dealer or other Fabia owners on these.

These are just the spares price, add labour charge to it.

Last edited by fi.robin : 6th October 2010 at 13:45.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 14:07   #110
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Thanks once again Robin, that was a real prompt reply. How is your experience with your car? Do you have your ownership thread?
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 16:04   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Thanks once again Robin, that was a real prompt reply. How is your experience with your car? Do you have your ownership thread?
I haven't penned an ownership review yet. I know it is due. Will do it soon.

Experience cost wise : 2 free service at 9k and 18k cost me ~11000/-. At 25K I had the front brake pads and filters replaced (prematurely) as part of preparation a for long trip ~6,000/-(inc labour). Next service scheduled at 33k or Dec. Other costs include front wipers - 1400/- and replacement of protective brake-disc shield ~ 800 (inc labour) .

Total ~19,200/-

The car is well looked after by me and the service guys. Yes I have managed to extract good service from service guys (even though expensive).

The interior is still fresh with no rattles apart from the AC blower, (many Fabia had this issue) which was duly taken care by Vinayak Skoda.

The 1.2 engine is nothing to write about but the highway stability is terrific. Yes Swift is more fun to drive around but up the speed and the game changes (I have driven the Dzire quite a bit).

1.6 Fabia should be fun. Best of both the world.

Last edited by fi.robin : 6th October 2010 at 16:06.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 17:14   #112
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Well it would be good to see your dedicated ownership thread Robin, and do give the link when you start the thread. Though even if you exclude the premature, brake pad and filter removal the ownership cost for 26 months is around 13,000, which seems to be quite expensive though you are clocking miles equally fast.

I doubt if the spares(brake pad/ filter/brake sheild) replacement and other stuff would be required in the first year with an anuual mileage of not more than 6-8K kms.

Last edited by MihirC : 6th October 2010 at 17:17.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 18:15   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Well it would be good to see your dedicated ownership thread Robin, and do give the link when you start the thread. Though even if you exclude the premature, brake pad and filter removal the ownership cost for 26 months is around 13,000, which seems to be quite expensive though you are clocking miles equally fast.

I doubt if the spares(brake pad/ filter/brake sheild) replacement and other stuff would be required in the first year with an anuual mileage of not more than 6-8K kms.
It is expensive no doubt but I was aware of it at the time of purchase.

Brake shield needed replacement because it was damaged by a stone. I do a lot of highway driving and a flying stone damaged it.

You are right, on low mileage, fuel filter is generally skipped. Since I plan to keep the car for long and drive on long trips a lot, I refer regular replacements. You see, you can never be sure of the fuel quality on the highway. Better safe than sorry

I forgot about the coolant change and rat-chewed wired repair at the 25k pit stop. Skoda usually recommends the coolant change at 30-35k interval.

I will never know the state of the engine, but the interiors have held up as expected from a Skoda.

A typical free service should cost 4-6k .

Last edited by fi.robin : 6th October 2010 at 18:18.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 20:41   #114
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Thanks Robin. Will wait for your thread with the 33k update in December.

Your spares parts pricing did help a lot.

Last edited by MihirC : 6th October 2010 at 20:44.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 22:08   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Hasn't the synthetic oil price come down a lot as well?
I think majority of free service cost goes to the synthetic oil.

Please check with your dealer for the latest shell price cut and you may have your next free service done for ~Rs. 1000.

I was told by some Skoda owners about this price cut and I am going to check with Europa Auto before I take my Laura for some check up...
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 06:29   #116
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hasn't the synthetic oil price come down a lot as well?
I think majority of free service cost goes to the synthetic oil.

Please check with your dealer for the latest shell price cut and you may have your next free service done for ~Rs. 1000.

I was told by some Skoda owners about this price cut and I am going to check with Europa Auto before I take my Laura for some check up...
My last oil change was in Dec '09. I paid 900/- per liter.
My last visit was in July and i hadn't seen much reduction in price. For diesel cars the price was low (strange!).

Report from a Fabia owner friend as on 24th July '10:
Oil Change Shell Helix Diesel 3.5 Litres @ Rs 595 Per/ltr = Rs 2081/=

I am assuming your Laura is a TDI.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 15:28   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,453
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
My last oil change was in Dec '09. I paid 900/- per liter.
My last visit was in July and i hadn't seen much reduction in price. For diesel cars the price was low (strange!).

Report from a Fabia owner friend as on 24th July '10:
Oil Change Shell Helix Diesel 3.5 Litres @ Rs 595 Per/ltr = Rs 2081/=

I am assuming your Laura is a TDI.

Strange.

All Shell synthetic oils have now price reduced.
Don't let the dealer take you for a ride.

BTW, my Laura is petrol (TSI).

I will call Shell, Mobil 1 (direct as well as dealers) and Europa Auto (the Skoda dealer) and update with the current prices in Pune. Please give me a day.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 17:18   #118
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 39
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
In case if you guys are wondering what OEM Skoda alloys would cost, here it is

Skoda Genuine Accessories

Seems alright for OEM ones or is it?
sorry to say- but i didnt get any good information from this site
zipdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 17:25   #119
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 39
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Its beeen long since there was a new post on this thread, Guys I have tried searching for the spares price list for fabia for 2010 especially post May, But Im unable to find it. Could any one guide me where Do I get it from.
mee too looking for the same.
zipdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 10:22   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli
Posts: 2,626
Thanked: 1,191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
A typical free service should cost 4-6k .
Free? Costing 4-6 K? I am sorry but I didn't understand this.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 lakhs to repair Skoda Fabia engine. EDIT: Owner sells Fabia as scrap! zombiedriver Technical Stuff 234 27th July 2016 16:32
The 250/300 War! Ninja 300 vs CBR250 vs Hyosung GT250R jkdas Motorbikes 27 30th December 2013 19:14
What Lubricant to use for plastic Parts greenhorn Technical Stuff 5 27th May 2012 21:40
Fiat Petra - Plastic Cover? Rai Technical Stuff 8 21st August 2008 18:59
300 bHP Skoda Fabia in India !!!! Technocrat Shifting gears 7 21st January 2005 14:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks