Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th March 2005, 22:15   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Maruti Versa @ 3.55 Lacs

Just saw this in mid-day ..the versa for 3.55 lacs. the 5 door version with no ac ...........

the versa never moved out of the showrroms for MUL for various reasons. but i think at this price its definitely VFM .....

what do u fellas think?
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 22:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

LoL....first it was with only AC and now they removed it too.. Wonder wat will they remove if it still doesnt sell. Seats??
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 23:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

it would certainly sell if it was priced between 2.0-2.5 lakhs...theres a huge taxi market potential. omni would have to be phased out though.

drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 23:28   #4

That is precisely what I was thinking. My neighbour has one and their joint family goes for an outing every weekend.
The loaded 8 seater with AC / PW / PS sells for 4.3 lacs. That is not too bad either even for the taxi wallahs.
I think it is the ideal car for large families and small budgets.
It does look boxy and not very good but believe me it can be really done up well.
I had seen one yellow cosmetically modified versa with alloys decals and all that stuff and it was really looking neat. I don't think the owner must have spent much.
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 23:50   #5

i think the versa is a great family car.

the twin acs, power steering and the space inside - not to mention that superb esteem engine.

too bad it didn't sell - even though both the bachhans advocated it solidly. maybe a bit to boxy lookling eh?

when i drove it, i though the body rolled a little too much at every twist and turn...maybe definitely not for performance and saftey - great for city driving with the whole family - wot say u!
cream is offline   Reply With Quote