Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th August 2008, 17:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Palio also deserved to be in the ad.
It is something like Maruti had left out the 800 in their new ad.
I dont agree. it is more of a new product showcase not an exhibition of their complete stable.
As with maruti, they have 2 gen's of the 800 selling at the same time
gendarmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 18:40   #17
BHPian

yeah its a nice ad but i hope that fiat makes the linea and tha punto launch quickly
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 00:12   #18
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
The reason why we are not seeing the cute 500 on our roads is because of one major thing - the PRICE. Secondly, brand "FIAT" (leaves a lot of question marks in one's mind). Read in a magazine a few days back - FIAT is going to build its own marketing team!. They should have done that earlier. I just hope to see FIAT standing on their own feet with their own network of sales and service.
yes i can cofirm to that, my elder sis had got a job offer few months back for FIAT India, and i was pestering her to join
coz i am a big FIAT fan

i hope they get their own service team atleast ... TATA Sucks .. we have to stand in line with Taxi wallahs for servicing. ( no offense to anyone)
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 03:16   #19
BHPian

Trust me these cars look amazing upfront especially the bravo
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 07:22   #20
BHPian

Here is what I clicked when going to office almost a month ago. I saw this heavily camoflauged Linea, clicked as much as I could but there was enough traffic around and work going on the sides of the road. And I did not want to damage my car ...This is Bhau Patil road, Pune
Attached Thumbnails
Everybody Needs Somebody (Linea, Grande Punto, Bravo, 500)-17072008937.jpg  

Everybody Needs Somebody (Linea, Grande Punto, Bravo, 500)-17072008938.jpg  

abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 09:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Here is what I clicked when going to office almost a month ago. I saw this heavily camoflauged Linea, clicked as much as I could but there was enough traffic around and work going on the sides of the road. And I did not want to damage my car ...This is Bhau Patil road, Pune
Nice pictures.
Really looking forward to its launch.

The main reason or initial reason for the decline in sale of palio was FE.
But times have changed now, people are now looking for powerful vehicles as well.
We already know all the cars in Fiats stable are powerful, if they can manage a decent FE. There will be no stopping for Fiat.
If the cars return decent FE, people will buy the cars forgetting how bad their service network is.

Their service will improve once they sell huge nos.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2008, 13:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
We already know all the cars in Fiats stable are powerful, if they can manage a decent FE. There will be no stopping for Fiat.
If the cars return decent FE, people will buy the cars forgetting how bad their service network is.

Their service will improve once they sell huge nos.

Their FE should be good considering that the Linea and GP will have the MultiJet engine powering them. So it will be a great Fiat engine mated to a great fiat car.

The challenge Fiat will have is to promote their cars + multijet engine, cos when it comes to a good Diesel engine for cars, the common man first thinks of Indica/go or the Swift DDiS.

Tata service has been good for our Indigo CS and the dealer we go to Fortune Cars @ Powai, Mumbai is quite enthusiastic about the new fleet of Fiats. So i'm hoping service will not be an issue.
elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote