Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2008, 12:51   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoMAX View Post
Thank YOU! I thought I was the only one here that found the dashboard a bit on the hideous side. Though I don't know which one is uglier, the dashboard or the front looks of the xylo in the rendered speculation.

Pal, dashboard is definitely an improvement over the existing Scorpio. They could have done it better but IMO they are atleast trying to improve and give us better interiors. The interiors can no way be called ugly or compared with ugly bonut.

Cheers!!!
Old 21st November 2008, 13:47   #332
BHPian

New spy pics. Its been days since we had one. Good job kpbhatt.
I loved the upper portion of the dashboard. Light coloured and curvy. The whole thing looks neat.
The center console, below the AC vents still looks too upright. And not sure what that huge dome thing is, in the front of the dash.
That shape of the center AC vents reminds of something similar that I have seen before. Cant recollect the car model though. Will try to google it.
KPBHATT:
Quote:
interior space is CRAMPED
I had read one of Pawan Goenka's interview where he said they are planning the XYLO to be a spacious vehicle.
From the second picture, considering that the B-pillar starts just aft the shoulder of the guy sitting in the passenger front seat, to the A-pillar where the rear view mirror is, thats a lot of glass area. There seems to be a lot of headroom and space in front -between the guy and the dash.
Even from the earlier spy pictures that we have seen, the vehicle seems to be quite large in its dimensions.
These are just my thoughts and what i read from the snaps here. Since you have seen the animal in flesh, you are a better person to comment.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:20   #333
Senior - BHPian

i feel the interiors are definetely good. but i dint like the ugly diaplay on the dash above the middle AC vents, maybe for clock, its too big for my liking. it should have been more sleek.
Old 21st November 2008, 15:21   #334
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
New spy pics. Its been days since we had one. Good job kpbhatt.
I loved the upper portion of the dashboard. Light coloured and curvy. The whole thing looks neat.
The center console, below the AC vents still looks too upright. And not sure what that huge dome thing is, in the front of the dash.
That shape of the center AC vents reminds of something similar that I have seen before. Cant recollect the car model though. Will try to google it.
KPBHATT:

I had read one of Pawan Goenka's interview where he said they are planning the XYLO to be a spacious vehicle.
From the second picture, considering that the B-pillar starts just aft the shoulder of the guy sitting in the passenger front seat, to the A-pillar where the rear view mirror is, thats a lot of glass area. There seems to be a lot of headroom and space in front -between the guy and the dash.
Even from the earlier spy pictures that we have seen, the vehicle seems to be quite large in its dimensions.
These are just my thoughts and what i read from the snaps here. Since you have seen the animal in flesh, you are a better person to comment.
True -- the driver and co-passenger have all the room in the world to even do "hanky-panky" but pray what happens to the middle and last row passengers due to this generosity on the front row. It looked cramped for the middle and last rows
Old 21st November 2008, 15:35   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i feel the interiors are definetely good. but i dint like the ugly diaplay on the dash above the middle AC vents, maybe for clock, its too big for my liking. it should have been more sleek.
Rightly said Raj! This medival architectural dome for clock is highly unnecessary and should have been avoided.

Cheers!!!
Old 21st November 2008, 15:56   #336
Senior - BHPian

I just hope the exterior looks better.

The dashboard theme gives me a feeling that the exterior look from the rendering might be true! I hope not.
Old 21st November 2008, 16:24   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Rightly said Raj! This medival architectural dome for clock is highly unnecessary and should have been avoided.

Cheers!!!
True. It'll hamper driver visibility too.
It looks like a separate piece, not part of the dash's mould; hence a design change to get rid of the dome shouldn't be difficult.
Old 21st November 2008, 18:35   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Thank YOU! I thought I was the only one here that found the dashboard a bit on the hideous side. Though I don't know which one is uglier, the dashboard or the front looks of the xylo in the rendered speculation.

Agree! The A/C vents look ! The Innova is in a different league.

Saw the Xylo blast past me in Vile Parle West. Looks odd - like a love child between the Scorpio and the Fusion but managing to alienate both.
Old 21st November 2008, 20:29   #339
BHPian

Quote:

I found the dashboard to be ugly! look, its full of Humps. they should design something contemporary. This one looks like an immature Automobile company is trying to build one. why dont they get it designed from some big automobile design house who are experts?

again... above words are excerpt of what I thought.... some one may like it...some one may not.
Old 21st November 2008, 23:37   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Any idea which model this is?
Hi guys,

Found this old post of Chevy_Lover from 19 July 08.
Check the third snap. It shows the XYLO interiors. Look exactly the same as those clicked by kpbhatt except now they are beige. Also noticed that rear view mirrors now are different. The earlier units looked straight off the scorpio.
That hideous clock on top of the dash persists !!!!
Old 22nd November 2008, 09:30   #341
Senior - BHPian

where is the link of the post anthym?
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:57   #342
BHPian

The AC vents remind me of JAWS! Good lord!! What is that slice-of-cake-ish thing doing above that? Just shows the time of the day?

The dash has some many a thing jumping out of it as if they were spring loaded. Bad design IMO.

BH.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:57   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
where is the link of the post anthym?
Here is the one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post908690

-- Wind
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:24   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
"Are they going to run the car under this covers for next 2 years, OR they have launched secretly with covers to customers?"

Cheers!!!
I guess Mahindra could indeed surprise everyone, by offering cloth covers as optional accessories :-)

They would have seen Indian motorists keeping the plastic car seat covers for years and would have naturally concluded that would happily buy up Xylo body Covers since it prevents scratches to body from scooters, cycles etc. in crowded Indian roads. Also, what more do you need to cover up the ugly nose, if the production version where to resemble the picture that appeared in the Automobile magazine cover?

-- Wind.
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:20   #345
BHPian

Talking "Xylo sheds its clothes"

We are likely to see the following headline in Bangalore Times when Xylo is finally launched.

"Xylo finally sheds its clothes"

-- Wind
Closed Thread