Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 20:27   #406
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,427 Times
Default

Confirmed Launch date is 13th January, 2009.
I got email that the car is coming on 13th January.
I think its good on Mahindra's part that they provided the date earlier. Now I thought that 2008 is going to be great with a lot of new launches, but Mahindra shifted it. Hope we will get a 140 bhp BigMHawk.
aaggoswami is online now  
Old 24th December 2008, 10:29   #407
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Latest Update on the Xylo from an insider:
The Xylo which is to be launched on 13th jan with the CRDe engine is detuned to 90 bhp but this engine will soon be upgraded (in a few months) to a new engine code named 'mustang'. the mustang is basically an upgraded MDi engine which will have 110 bhp and great fuel efficiency.
This friend of mine has seen the vehicle and claims it is more stylish and spacious than the innova.
Mahindra does not plan to launch it with the mHAWK engine as of now but may provide an option depending on the response and demand.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 10:33   #408
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,554 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Latest Update on the Xylo from an insider:
The Xylo which is to be launched on 13th jan with the CRDe engine is detuned to 90 bhp but this engine will soon be upgraded (in a few months) to a new engine code named 'mustang'. the mustang is basically an upgraded MDi engine which will have 110 bhp and great fuel efficiency.
This friend of mine has seen the vehicle and claims it is more stylish and spacious than the innova.
Mahindra does not plan to launch it with the mHAWK engine as of now but may provide an option depending on the response and demand.
I read in some mag that its going to be powered by Bolero Crde 2.4L motor.
akshay4587 is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 10:41   #409
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Latest Update on the Xylo from an insider:
The Xylo which is to be launched on 13th jan with the CRDe engine is detuned to 90 bhp but this engine will soon be upgraded (in a few months) to a new engine code named 'mustang'. the mustang is basically an upgraded MDi engine which will have 110 bhp and great fuel efficiency.
Raj Bhai, I am finding it difficult to digest. A vehicle of this size powered by 90 BHP engine...Xylo being their biggest bet right now, I feel M&M will never launch it underpowered...at least 100 horses (I wish minm 110) have to be there.

Jai Hind!!!

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 24th December 2008 at 10:43.
deepgautam_qa is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 10:48   #410
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

deep, the xylo is not targeted at the performance savvy, that what i feel now. maybe thats the reason they will soon be offering the 'mustang' engine with 110 bhp.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 11:03   #411
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
deep, the xylo is not targeted at the performance savvy, that what i feel now. maybe thats the reason they will soon be offering the 'mustang' engine with 110 bhp.
I read an interview of Dr. Pawan Goenka, wherein he clearly stated this is not going to be a plain MUV. Moreover as Xylo is targetting Innova customers, if first impression (i.e. of 90 horses) goes dull, Xylo will be having a tough time. I wish M&M not looking for taxi operator customers!

Jai Hind!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 11:04   #412
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
I read an interview of Dr. Pawan Goenka, wherein he clearly stated this is not going to be a plain MUV. Moreover as Xylo is targetting Innova customers, if first impression (i.e. of 90 horses) goes dull, Xylo will be having a tough time. I wish M&M not looking for taxi operator customers!

Jai Hind!!!
possibly!
bro, thats what i said, it will replaced by a 110 bhp mustang engine in few months.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 11:10   #413
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
possibly!
bro, thats what i said, it will replaced by a 110 bhp mustang engine in few months.
90 BHP, 15 kpl (this much detuning may get figure of 15), 8 seater, contemporary interiors, M&M reliability, mouth watering price ~ 7 L...taxi operators are gonna die for it...and they will kill the vehicle image in 2-3 month. Then no Mustang or Spitfire will be able to save the Xylo soul.
M&M please don't do this!

Jai Hind!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 11:14   #414
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

not necessary buddy.
toyota innovas sell in plenty as taxis. i feel 35-40% innovas in mumbai as taxis. still it has got a good image.
yes, but thats a toyota, this is a mahindra! lets wait and watch...
whether they launch the CRDe with 90 bhp or 120, whether they launch the mustang engine with 110 or 130, whether they offer the mHawk engine with 120 bhp or 140... lots of confusions!
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 24th December 2008, 18:11   #415
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 832
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i feel 35-40% innovas in mumbai as taxis. still it has got a good image.
Raj - The figures will be even higher if you consider the so called Private Taxi market, where-in the vehicle is not officially registered as a Taxi.
M&M's startegy would be to hit Innova at a later stage (Phase-II maybe). The 7 Lac bracket will bring this car in the Tavera bracket. I am sure Tavera uasers would love to upgrade to something similar looking to an Innova albeit at a much lower cost.
A new engine at a later stage would then allow them to convert the fence sitting buyers. Thus at the end of 3-4 months, post launch they will have customers from both the Tavera & the Innova bracket.
This is purely my thinking and I might be wrong also.

Last edited by Maverick1977 : 24th December 2008 at 18:13.
Maverick1977 is offline  
Old 6th January 2009, 02:44   #416
BHPian
 
ajnagpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nagpur, Pune, Washington DC
Posts: 253
Thanked: 143 Times
Default Scoop

Source: IAB Scoop- Mahindra XYLO headlamp and grille image | Indian Autos blog

One of our Indian Autos Blog readers emailed us an image of what he thinks is the soon to debut Mahindra XYLO. The image is low-resolution but the signature Mahindra grille and emblem with a new and unseen headlight and bumper design confirms that this is after all the XYLO.
Look closely at the number plate, you can view the letters I and O, and the word “project” just above it. What this could be is “Project Ingenio” indicating the picture must have been taken before the XYLO name was christened to this vehicle.

From what we can see, Mahindra have pinned the fit and finish aspect. The bonnet line looks neat and the headlamp design head-on is similar to the Tata Sumo Victa. The portion of the bumper where the fog lamp sits, is fitted with plastic conveying this is a base model. The brown color adds appeal which both the Scorpio and the Bolero are offered with.

The Mahindra XYLO launch is days away and the hype surrounding this vehicle has been much more than any other automobile launched in India till date. Be it the teasers or the promos and the social media activity, Mahindra has made sure that everyone wide and far are talking about this car. It’s an MPV, but this time it’s going to be stylish and spacious.
Attached Images
 
ajnagpur is offline  
Old 6th January 2009, 03:02   #417
BHPian
 
gshanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coimbatore / Bangalore / New York
Posts: 718
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I doubt that if the source of this picture could be traced back to M & M .

The picture seems to have been cropped from a bigger picture.

Is this another of their innovative ways to send out teaser images? One more week till we see the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Source: IAB Scoop- Mahindra XYLO headlamp and grille image | Indian Autos blog

One of our Indian Autos Blog readers emailed us an image of what he thinks is the soon to debut Mahindra XYLO. The image is low-resolution but the signature Mahindra grille and emblem with a new and unseen headlight and bumper design confirms that this is after all the XYLO.
Look closely at the number plate, you can view the letters I and O, and the word “project” just above it. What this could be is “Project Ingenio” indicating the picture must have been taken before the XYLO name was christened to this vehicle.

From what we can see, Mahindra have pinned the fit and finish aspect. The bonnet line looks neat and the headlamp design head-on is similar to the Tata Sumo Victa. The portion of the bumper where the fog lamp sits, is fitted with plastic conveying this is a base model. The brown color adds appeal which both the Scorpio and the Bolero are offered with.

The Mahindra XYLO launch is days away and the hype surrounding this vehicle has been much more than any other automobile launched in India till date. Be it the teasers or the promos and the social media activity, Mahindra has made sure that everyone wide and far are talking about this car. It’s an MPV, but this time it’s going to be stylish and spacious.
gshanky is offline  
Old 6th January 2009, 08:18   #418
BHPian
 
cruiser_1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 313
Thanked: 16 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Source: IAB Scoop- Mahindra XYLO headlamp and grille image | Indian Autos blog

One of our Indian Autos Blog readers emailed us an image of what he thinks is the soon to debut Mahindra XYLO. The image is low-resolution but the signature Mahindra grille and emblem with a new and unseen headlight and bumper design confirms that this is after all the XYLO.
Look closely at the number plate, you can view the letters I and O, and the word “project” just above it. What this could be is “Project Ingenio” indicating the picture must have been taken before the XYLO name was christened to this vehicle.

From what we can see, Mahindra have pinned the fit and finish aspect. The bonnet line looks neat and the headlamp design head-on is similar to the Tata Sumo Victa. The portion of the bumper where the fog lamp sits, is fitted with plastic conveying this is a base model. The brown color adds appeal which both the Scorpio and the Bolero are offered with.

The Mahindra XYLO launch is days away and the hype surrounding this vehicle has been much more than any other automobile launched in India till date. Be it the teasers or the promos and the social media activity, Mahindra has made sure that everyone wide and far are talking about this car. It’s an MPV, but this time it’s going to be stylish and spacious.

Oh man this looks a whole lot better than the photoshop pictures published earlier. The Xylo looks handsome with this bonnet line and headlamp.
cruiser_1982 is offline  
Old 6th January 2009, 09:17   #419
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: HYD
Posts: 226
Thanked: 16 Times
Default A quick PS

IMO Looks good

Name:  all.JPG
Views: 6560
Size:  19.6 KB
Comrade is offline  
Old 6th January 2009, 10:10   #420
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

thats great comrade!
IMO, it looks better than the innova.
raj_5004 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 85 26th May 2017 08:16
4X4 Mahindra Xylo! EDIT : PICS on page 4 CARDEEP 4x4 Vehicles 79 27th December 2011 21:13
Mahindra Xylo Celebration II Edition Launched adalanthae The Indian Car Scene 7 21st October 2011 18:17
SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward). Mustang.101 The Indian Car Scene 313 9th March 2010 17:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks