Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2008, 20:27   #406
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed Launch date is 13th January, 2009.
I got email that the car is coming on 13th January.
I think its good on Mahindra's part that they provided the date earlier. Now I thought that 2008 is going to be great with a lot of new launches, but Mahindra shifted it. Hope we will get a 140 bhp BigMHawk.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:29   #407
Senior - BHPian

Latest Update on the Xylo from an insider:
The Xylo which is to be launched on 13th jan with the CRDe engine is detuned to 90 bhp but this engine will soon be upgraded (in a few months) to a new engine code named 'mustang'. the mustang is basically an upgraded MDi engine which will have 110 bhp and great fuel efficiency.
This friend of mine has seen the vehicle and claims it is more stylish and spacious than the innova.
Mahindra does not plan to launch it with the mHAWK engine as of now but may provide an option depending on the response and demand.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:33   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The Xylo which is to be launched on 13th jan with the CRDe engine is detuned to 90 bhp but this engine will soon be upgraded (in a few months) to a new engine code named 'mustang'. the mustang is basically an upgraded MDi engine which will have 110 bhp and great fuel efficiency.
This friend of mine has seen the vehicle and claims it is more stylish and spacious than the innova.
Mahindra does not plan to launch it with the mHAWK engine as of now but may provide an option depending on the response and demand.
I read in some mag that its going to be powered by Bolero Crde 2.4L motor.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:41   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Raj Bhai, I am finding it difficult to digest. A vehicle of this size powered by 90 BHP engine...Xylo being their biggest bet right now, I feel M&M will never launch it underpowered...at least 100 horses (I wish minm 110) have to be there.

Jai Hind!!!

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 24th December 2008 at 10:43.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:48   #410
Senior - BHPian

deep, the xylo is not targeted at the performance savvy, that what i feel now. maybe thats the reason they will soon be offering the 'mustang' engine with 110 bhp.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:03   #411
BHPian

Quote:
deep, the xylo is not targeted at the performance savvy, that what i feel now. maybe thats the reason they will soon be offering the 'mustang' engine with 110 bhp.
I read an interview of Dr. Pawan Goenka, wherein he clearly stated this is not going to be a plain MUV. Moreover as Xylo is targetting Innova customers, if first impression (i.e. of 90 horses) goes dull, Xylo will be having a tough time. I wish M&M not looking for taxi operator customers!

Jai Hind!!!
Old 24th December 2008, 11:04   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
I read an interview of Dr. Pawan Goenka, wherein he clearly stated this is not going to be a plain MUV. Moreover as Xylo is targetting Innova customers, if first impression (i.e. of 90 horses) goes dull, Xylo will be having a tough time. I wish M&M not looking for taxi operator customers!

Jai Hind!!!
possibly!
bro, thats what i said, it will replaced by a 110 bhp mustang engine in few months.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:10   #413
BHPian

Quote:
possibly!
bro, thats what i said, it will replaced by a 110 bhp mustang engine in few months.
90 BHP, 15 kpl (this much detuning may get figure of 15), 8 seater, contemporary interiors, M&M reliability, mouth watering price ~ 7 L...taxi operators are gonna die for it...and they will kill the vehicle image in 2-3 month. Then no Mustang or Spitfire will be able to save the Xylo soul.
M&M please don't do this!

Jai Hind!!!
Old 24th December 2008, 11:14   #414
Senior - BHPian

not necessary buddy.
toyota innovas sell in plenty as taxis. i feel 35-40% innovas in mumbai as taxis. still it has got a good image.
yes, but thats a toyota, this is a mahindra! lets wait and watch...
whether they launch the CRDe with 90 bhp or 120, whether they launch the mustang engine with 110 or 130, whether they offer the mHawk engine with 120 bhp or 140... lots of confusions!
Old 24th December 2008, 18:11   #415
BHPian

Quote:
i feel 35-40% innovas in mumbai as taxis. still it has got a good image.
Raj - The figures will be even higher if you consider the so called Private Taxi market, where-in the vehicle is not officially registered as a Taxi.
M&M's startegy would be to hit Innova at a later stage (Phase-II maybe). The 7 Lac bracket will bring this car in the Tavera bracket. I am sure Tavera uasers would love to upgrade to something similar looking to an Innova albeit at a much lower cost.
A new engine at a later stage would then allow them to convert the fence sitting buyers. Thus at the end of 3-4 months, post launch they will have customers from both the Tavera & the Innova bracket.
This is purely my thinking and I might be wrong also.

Last edited by Maverick1977 : 24th December 2008 at 18:13.
Old 6th January 2009, 02:44   #416
BHPian

Scoop

Source: IAB Scoop- Mahindra XYLO headlamp and grille image | Indian Autos blog

One of our Indian Autos Blog readers emailed us an image of what he thinks is the soon to debut Mahindra XYLO. The image is low-resolution but the signature Mahindra grille and emblem with a new and unseen headlight and bumper design confirms that this is after all the XYLO.
Look closely at the number plate, you can view the letters I and O, and the word “project” just above it. What this could be is “Project Ingenio” indicating the picture must have been taken before the XYLO name was christened to this vehicle.

From what we can see, Mahindra have pinned the fit and finish aspect. The bonnet line looks neat and the headlamp design head-on is similar to the Tata Sumo Victa. The portion of the bumper where the fog lamp sits, is fitted with plastic conveying this is a base model. The brown color adds appeal which both the Scorpio and the Bolero are offered with.

The Mahindra XYLO launch is days away and the hype surrounding this vehicle has been much more than any other automobile launched in India till date. Be it the teasers or the promos and the social media activity, Mahindra has made sure that everyone wide and far are talking about this car. It’s an MPV, but this time it’s going to be stylish and spacious.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-mahindraxylofront.jpg  

Old 6th January 2009, 03:02   #417
BHPian

I doubt that if the source of this picture could be traced back to M & M .

The picture seems to have been cropped from a bigger picture.

Is this another of their innovative ways to send out teaser images? One more week till we see the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post

One of our Indian Autos Blog readers emailed us an image of what he thinks is the soon to debut Mahindra XYLO. The image is low-resolution but the signature Mahindra grille and emblem with a new and unseen headlight and bumper design confirms that this is after all the XYLO.
Look closely at the number plate, you can view the letters I and O, and the word “project” just above it. What this could be is “Project Ingenio” indicating the picture must have been taken before the XYLO name was christened to this vehicle.

From what we can see, Mahindra have pinned the fit and finish aspect. The bonnet line looks neat and the headlamp design head-on is similar to the Tata Sumo Victa. The portion of the bumper where the fog lamp sits, is fitted with plastic conveying this is a base model. The brown color adds appeal which both the Scorpio and the Bolero are offered with.

The Mahindra XYLO launch is days away and the hype surrounding this vehicle has been much more than any other automobile launched in India till date. Be it the teasers or the promos and the social media activity, Mahindra has made sure that everyone wide and far are talking about this car. It’s an MPV, but this time it’s going to be stylish and spacious.
Old 6th January 2009, 08:18   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post

Oh man this looks a whole lot better than the photoshop pictures published earlier. The Xylo looks handsome with this bonnet line and headlamp.
Old 6th January 2009, 09:17   #419
BHPian

A quick PS

IMO Looks good

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-all.jpg
Old 6th January 2009, 10:10   #420
Senior - BHPian

thats great comrade!
IMO, it looks better than the innova.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed