Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2008, 13:17   #16
BHPian

the Civic in India is the equivalent of the Acura CSX sold in Canada...it is identical (exteriors/base model engine) but with way better options (sunroof/gps/ real S package/ leather heated seats/ display screen)....i haven't heard any talks of updating this model...so even if the US civic is getting a mid-life charge..i am not 100% sure we will get to see anything on our models before another 2 years or so...
Old 19th August 2008, 15:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
To be frank, it isnt fair. We are one o the largest markets in the world and they should realise that by now. We should get the civic with the Glass Grille and all!!
OT: We are nowhere near the largest automobile markets. US makes 17 million cars annually. China already makes in excess of 8 million and we do just 1.5. Why would they give us the newest of the big cars. i10/i20 etc are understandable.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
OT: We are nowhere near the largest automobile markets. US makes 17 million cars annually. China already makes in excess of 8 million and we do just 1.5. Why would they give us the newest of the big cars. i10/i20 etc are understandable.
And the monthly sales charts for the past XX years have been ruled by the M800, Alto, Indica, Santro and the likes.
Old 19th August 2008, 18:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
the Civic in India is the equivalent of the Acura CSX sold in Canada...it is identical (exteriors/base model engine) but with way better options (sunroof/gps/ real S package/ leather heated seats/ display screen)....i haven't heard any talks of updating this model...so even if the US civic is getting a mid-life charge..i am not 100% sure we will get to see anything on our models before another 2 years or so...
Exactly! The Indian civic is the JDM version.. with different bumper and lights. Sold as Acura CSX over here with a bit of a power bump. The US/Canadian civic is getting this mid model makeover... modified front and some new colors.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
This looks like previous Civic in US! Not too sure if this would be the facelift.
The 2nd pic is the Civic which is already in the US and other markets.
True. This is the NADM Civic and not what India will have.
Though, the 2nd pic has LEDs which are new for NADM Civic 2009.
The NADM 2009 Civic appears to a dumb squib, atleast against the speculations we had. Wonder if JDM has anything new to offer for 2009.

2009 Honda Civic: 2009 Honda Civic and 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid Officially Revealed

"It took us a bit to figure out what changed between '08 and '09, but from the appearance side of things, the most dramatic difference is the lower bumper it gets a set of flanking intakes which are probably just for visual interest. Most of the news comes from interior features, including the introduction of a stereo system equipped to play MP3s, some Bluetooth gadgetry and a new stability-control system"

What a waste!
Closed Thread