Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 10:42   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Pricing and other car buying help

Hi Folks,

Thanks for very useful car buying tips thread. I need to buy a car soon. I have few more questions. Hopefully I am posting them in the right forum.

1. which component of the pricing do one usually bargain with dealer?

I am thinking of Honda city CVT. From Dakshin honda bangalore website:

DEALER'S PRICE-BASIC 7,09,333 KVAT - 12.5% 88,667 EX-SHOWROOM PRICE 7,98,000 ROAD TAX 96,558 COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE 26,208 EXTENDED WARRANTY 3,550 HANDLING CHARGES 5,000
on road price - 9,29,287. I would think road tax, vat are usually fixed. If there is any deal on insurance or warranty it is generally known to everyone. Doesn't depend on buyer's bargaining skills. So atmost there would be 10 or 15k less for a car depending on the deals that's going on.

Am I completely off on this?

Ex. show room price for this car shown on honda website is 817,000. Which is accurate?

I bought 2 cars before, but still have no clue on bargaining.

What are the typical delivery times for Honda city CVT in Bangalore? Can I get the whole procedure done in few days? I would be calling dealers for this, but would help to have some heads up on this.

Does it help if I pay cash/DD or is it same as paying with loan?

Thanks in advance
nlfly
nlfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 10:48   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,752
Thanked: 7,475 Times
Default

Welcome nlfly,

Refer to this post for some guidance https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...car-india.html

Use search function and research in various threads already available also.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 11:03   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi Jaggu,

Thanks for approving. I did go through car buying tips thread you mentioned and other threads in team-bhp suggestions forum. Search yielded few but not totally related to my queries.

Regards
nlfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Welcome nlfly,

Refer to this post for some guidance https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...car-india.html

Use search function and research in various threads already available also.
nlfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 11:48   #4
evo
BHPian
 
evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kolkata/Shillong
Posts: 755
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I hope you already know that the City will be replaced later this year.
Incase you still want to buy one, please use that fact to your advantage.Tell the dealer that the car will be phased out and so on.

There are lots of discounts on offer on the city.When I bought mine last year, I got full free insurance,registration and road tax and extended warranty for two years. I also made them give me a car cover.

I`m sure you can haggle your way around, pit one dealer against the other and you`ll see how the price comes down on its own. Also check with the so called sub brokers who sometimes have a good deal.

Hope this is helpful

cheers
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 12:09   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 338 Times
Thumbs up Good excel sheet for car buyers

I am attaching a very good excel sheet for car buyers of India. I got this in email and though sharing with team-bhp. This will help newbies to decide on their next purchase.

Hope this helps: cars.xls
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 10:31   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Evo,

I don't think I can wait till year end. I am planning to get one in the next week. I will keep that in mind while I bargain for good deal. Thanks for suggestions.

Is there any news on whether they are going to continue with CVT or replace it with AT used in Civic? It would be a bummer for re-sale if there are lot of technical changes.

Looks like you got a good deal. One dealer quoted 9.7 lacs so far.

Any pointers on sub-brokers like how to find them or where to look. I never heard of them.

Anuj,

Thanks for attachment.



Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
I hope you already know that the City will be replaced later this year.
Incase you still want to buy one, please use that fact to your advantage.Tell the dealer that the car will be phased out and so on.

There are lots of discounts on offer on the city.When I bought mine last year, I got full free insurance,registration and road tax and extended warranty for two years. I also made them give me a car cover.

I`m sure you can haggle your way around, pit one dealer against the other and you`ll see how the price comes down on its own. Also check with the so called sub brokers who sometimes have a good deal.

Hope this is helpful

cheers
nlfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 11:34   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlfly View Post

Is there any news on whether they are going to continue with CVT or replace it with AT used in Civic? It would be a bummer for re-sale if there are lot of technical changes.
Please ignore that question. I see there is a big thread on this topic.

- nlfly
nlfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 13:56   #8
evo
BHPian
 
evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kolkata/Shillong
Posts: 755
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlfly View Post
Any pointers on sub-brokers like how to find them or where to look. I never heard of them.
Sorry, dont know about Bangalore, ask some bhpians from there if they are aware.

cheers
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help - Pricing for Palio GTX Dark Knight Hatchbacks 54 11th October 2007 20:31
K&N , Exhaust and other mods through Perf. Auto. Pricing and tthe Should I factor zaphod Modifications & Accessories 24 26th August 2007 14:59
Help me pricing this car! sgmuser Sedans 19 26th June 2007 14:32
Do i have any other choice other than Indica turbo diesel ?? tanishq Hatchbacks 35 11th June 2006 17:44
A little help with pricing please _Crazi4Speed_ The Indian Car Scene 9 22nd July 2004 12:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks