Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th August 2008, 17:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

You are a fiat fan, why have doubts now ? Get the fiat. Moreover we do not know what troubles will afflict the Vista ? Maybe even Microsoft might sue them for copyright violation !
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 19:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Maybe even Microsoft might sue them for copyright violation !
I doubt this happening. A certain Mr. Ratan Tata is in charge (or at least, on the board) of the Bill - Melinda (did I get the name correct?) Gates' foundation's India operations.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 19:45   #33
BHPian

I think Fiat finds selling MJD technology more profitable than selling Palio. Or else Punto is getting ready for a release anytime soon. These are the only logical explanations that I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Maybe even Microsoft might sue them for copyright violation !
OT: Don't worry about that. Vista is a proper English Word. vista - Definitions from Dictionary.com. So I don't think MS can sue.

On a lighter note I hope people don't downgrade to an older version after 2 weeks of using Vista as it is the case with Laptops
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 20:16   #34
BHPian

I went to Concorde Motors today to do pre registeration check on my Mint White Palio MJD.
Lot of rush was there in front of Indica Vista.
I did some 10 meters test drive and found some things.

1> There are still uneven joints in the car that look ugly.
2> There is no dead padel.
3> Clutch is very soft but because there is no dead padel and all the levers (clutch, brake and accelerator) are quite high so I did not feel comfortable.
4> Palio has a submarine seats but Vista has the straight ones and even though the thigh support is more but it didnot feel properly cushioned. If you sit in palio, at the back seat you can feel the bulge at the corner of the seat under your thigh. This bulge is not there in Vista.
5> Steering is light in Vista and dont feel like steering a big vehicle while in Palio one can feel that you are driving heavy vehicle and I personally liked this feel.
6> Luggage space is very less as compared to Palio.
7> Palio looks 2 times more beautiful than vista as vista has indica shell with some modification (my personal feeling).
8> 6 weeks waiting is there for vista.
9> There are unecessary bulges across vista. eg where rear door ends you can knock that part it gives you a hollow sound as the metal is very thin there.
10> Palio gives the feeling that one is secured inside but vista do not.

So finally I made my mind on Palio.

Now resale value part. I can understand why people think like this and the reasons are below (Please dont feel offended with my comments and Please dont change the topic to fiat vs others. Its just I felt that below mentioned reasons could be the culprit which is killing Palio) :

1> Older Palio 1.2 (not the nv version) had low kms/ltr average. It improved significantly with 1.2 nv but still all non fiat lovers have this misconception in their mind. 1.2 nv is now bearing this brunt and even though its a good car with good average but still getting poor resale value.
2> 1.6 Palio never claimed that average will be extraordinary. It is for those who love to accelerate their vehicle. Because average of this car is low so it is getting poor resale value also.
3> Palio diesel/mjd is not having any negatives on the part of average (kms/ltr) so logically the resale value of this vehicle should not be low. But unfortunately many people know only one thing " Sir palio's average is very low so dont go for it" Nobody wants to update their knowledge that Palio is having different variants that suite a variety of different people. There are low average variants and high average variants.
fiat_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 20:23   #35
BHPian

chasis no - 2788878070063FRZ
Engine No is 2766335
Can anyone please let me know about the manufacturing date of this car.
Please this is urgent.

Thanks
fiat_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 21:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

@Steeroid: Yeah. Read in other thread that the deliveries quoted by Tata dealers is presently one month. Need to wait and see how this will improve.

@ fiat fan: Everybody has got their opinions and you have also got one of yours. Good that you booked Palio MJD. Congrats !!

Last edited by snaronikar : 25th August 2008 at 21:17.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 16:57   #37
BHPian

@FiatFan.. Congrats on making it to Palio. I felt the same way as yours..
lightpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 11:00   #38
BHPian

I think though both Indica Vista and Palio Multijet have the same heart, one important aspect of car is LOOKS. And Palio looks hottern than Indica Vista and the feels like an imported one.

We have seen many threads on this forum, where opinion on two different segment cars are asked.
mahadev_kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 13:29   #39
BHPian

Hi
the current palio with the MJD is a great car. This car willl hopefully serve you beyond your expecations in the engine, ride qaulity, FE departments etc. The only problem that i foresee is the availabilty of general spares( ie not realted to the engine). These could be a issue if this model is phased out. The small compoments like the plastic/rubber components are generally the most affected as these are not stocked by the *** as they are largely need based. I remember having to wait for 3 months to source a seat adjustement knob for my palio.
Dieselone is offline   Reply With Quote