Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st September 2008, 23:31   #46
BANNED

That's a good informative post you've made Sujai. Thanks!
Well, now we've got some concrete information that the launch is indeed delayed. Ain't it?
Old 2nd September 2008, 08:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

How long is the delay? Just one month? big deal.. As long as they don't follow in the footsteps of Maruti and make you wait for the car for 3-6 months AFTER you have booked it.
Old 2nd September 2008, 08:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
First thing, I am neither surprised nor disappointed. It falls in line on how Fiat is treating Indian market.

Its time Fiat India takes cues from others who are successful in India.
AFAIK, FIAT launched the MJD and the 500 on the announced date with no delay. Let us refrain from making such sweeping statements.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 2nd September 2008, 09:55   #49
BHPian

I do not see any ulterior motive by Fiat they are just trying to be cautious here . We see this all the time when movie releases are due and dates gets shuffled to accomadate and ensure enough Attention span . In Fiat's case likely reason is wait for Honda City they would look at Honda's pricing to decide their own pricing strategy or may be they want to launch GP & Linea in one go
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

I am sure that Fiat is trying to be very cautious here. But, I really doubt whether the implications will be any good for them. If they delay the launch by more than mid October, it is very difficult to find buyers this year as people will wait for another 2 months to buy the 2009 model. So, Fiat might end up selling a new car under discount, which is not a great option. I guess September is the right time to launch Linea, even end September is good too.
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Dudes.... to put an end to all the speculations.. the Fiat Linea is coming on 4th spetember. Rejoice!
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:25   #52
BHPian

FIAT India web site still shows LINEA as coming soon and there is no visible change that indicates an imminent launch.Hence , I doubt whether it will be launched on Sep 4 and that too one day ahead of Altis ? Tough to believe.
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

But they are still testing it!! saw the 3 zebras today on old Pune Mumbai highway near Bhakti Shakti.
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Dudes.... to put an end to all the speculations.. the Fiat Linea is coming on 4th spetember. Rejoice!
ET - that's fantastic news! Give us more juice if you know it - price range, will it have a duologic gearbox etc.
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Please provide the source of this info. The reason for requesting the source is that yesterday I got confirmation from Fiat Marketing Office in Mumbai that it wont be launched before November when I called them
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
ET - that's fantastic news! Give us more juice if you know it - price range, will it have a duologic gearbox etc.
I came across this comment from one of the guys which I presume is from Fiat
prakash.aherkar@fiapl.com saying that the car will be launched on September 04 in Delhi

Last edited by extreme_torque : 2nd September 2008 at 13:08.
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I came across this comment from one of the guys which I presume is from Fiat
prakash.aherkar@fiapl.com saying that the car will be launched on September 04 in Delhi
There was a post in PUG saying that it will be soft-launched on Sep 4th in New Delhi and the actual commercial launch will happen a month later. The guy who posted that apparently met Mangesh, who heads either sales or marketing (I do not remember which one) in Fiat India.
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
There was a post in PUG saying that it will be soft-launched on Sep 4th in New Delhi and the actual commercial launch will happen a month later. The guy who posted that apparently met Mangesh, who heads either sales or marketing (I do not remember which one) in Fiat India.
I dont get the funda behind the soft launch and that too in delhi with no invitations for journalists or is there?
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I dont get the funda behind the soft launch and that too in delhi with no invitations for journalists or is there?
Yeah I don't get the soft launch concept to & with Delhi being chosen as the launch location. The majority of Fiat buyers and Fans are in the South and Western parts of India.
Guess the information is not really accurate. Fiat would launch the car in their home market either in Bombay or Pune where the head office or plant are located in.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

ET- Hope this info is true! Thanks for the info! Soft launches IMO is not a bad idea. But i dont think every manufacturer will adopt the strategy.
Closed Thread