Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 20:32   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Only 1.4 kappa is confirmed for now.
You mean to say there will be no 1.2 kappa?
Its getting very confusing.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 20:41   #92
BHPian
 
ajnagpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nagpur, Pune, Washington DC
Posts: 253
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
You mean to say there will be no 1.2 kappa?
Its getting very confusing.
Initially 1.4 kappa launch & they will bring in other engine options on the go. but they dont have any plans for diesel variant as of now.
ajnagpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 21:52   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Initially 1.4 kappa launch & they will bring in other engine options on the go. but they dont have any plans for diesel variant as of now.
Media reports can't be trusted. It could actually be the 1.2 kappa that might be launched.

A 1.4 just can't be competitive price-wise with the Fabia active or classic - Hyundai would have to pay more than Rs.30,000 as additional excise for not meeting the 1200cc/4 metre regulation - and Hyundai's no Maruti.

Unless they want to compete with Fabia 1.4 Elegance or maybe the Ambiente with their own version of an i20 with a 1.4 lt engine.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 23:41   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 477
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
there are chances that the I20 will be launched in jan. This lmonth hyundai motor India is manufacturing 1000 domestic cars. The export model is going good on an avg of 9000 cars for the past tw months.

It's gonna have a 1.4 and a 1.6 l engine and the pricing is surely going to be above 7.5 lacs.

An inside news. There are 22000 i10's lying inside the hyundai factory yard itself, all domestic models. So expect huge discounts and offers in the next month as all are going to become a previous year model.
Are you sure aditya????

Cause i am VERY certain that 1.2 kappa and the 1.4 diesel are going to be launched with the i20.

Also in your later post you mention a 1.4 kappa, let me clarify there is NO such engine rather its the 1.4 gamma engine. Not a big deal, but the fact that you got it wrong makes what you are saying all the more doubtful.

Also regarding the discounts, let me give everyone a tip. Try for good discounts on i10 ERA and DELITE models. Kappa and Santro (incl Santro CNG) are still doing well.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 19th December 2008 at 23:45.
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 02:25   #95
BHPian
 
ajnagpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nagpur, Pune, Washington DC
Posts: 253
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post

Also in your later post you mention a 1.4 kappa, let me clarify there is NO such engine rather its the 1.4 gamma engine. Not a big deal, but the fact that you got it wrong makes what you are saying all the more doubtful.

Elito
Yeah, you are right. All the Indian blogs are saying 1.4 kappa but I did not find any such engine. It could be 1.4 gamma.
ajnagpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 03:08   #96
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Hyundai i20 will be launching on 28th december.
Hot News: There is a possibility 1.6L DOHC will be powering i20.

Source: Hyundai i20 Launching on 28 December, 2008 : Watch Cars
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 10:30   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Hyundai i20 will be launching on 28th december.
Hot News: There is a possibility 1.6L DOHC will be powering i20.

Source: Hyundai i20 Launching on 28 December, 2008 : Watch Cars
Sorry buddy but this website is user created and not a legit news site. Probably is fishing info from sites like T-bhp.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 13:44   #98
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Sorry buddy but this website is user created and not a legit news site. Probably is fishing info from sites like T-bhp.
lol but i havnt seen this 1.6 thing on team-bhp. may be i missed it. but 28th december launch is true.

Last edited by Gangsta : 20th December 2008 at 13:46.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 15:34   #99
BHPian
 
Tumbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

If its a petrol launch only, then "YAWN". This is going to be a crowded segment with very few distinctions.
Tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 15:48   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
lol but i havnt seen this 1.6 thing on team-bhp. may be i missed it. but 28th december launch is true.
These pics exist since long in ACI forums and even TBHP - see here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rna-too-2.html (Hyunda i20 on test and the new verna too)

In any case, whatever Hyundai engine it may be - the 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6 - I don't mind my i20 with any one of them - they're all really good! cheers:

Last edited by reppy : 20th December 2008 at 15:49.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 16:17   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
These pics exist since long in ACI forums and even TBHP - see here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rna-too-2.html (Hyunda i20 on test and the new verna too)

In any case, whatever Hyundai engine it may be - the 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6 - I don't mind my i20 with any one of them - they're all really good! cheers:
Yes but remember with 1.2l engine Hyundai can keep price low (due to lower excise). The failures of Fabia 1.4, Chevy SRV, Ford Fusion etc should tell Hyundai something about overpriced luxury hatches... No way should top end i20 cost more than 1 lakh (compared to Swift Zxi) so that means something like 6.5 lakh (ex-showroom)
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 16:34   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
No way should top end i20 cost more than 1 lakh (compared to Swift Zxi) so that means something like 6.5 lakh (ex-showroom)
Infact, I'd go even lower than that - The Fabia 1.2 Ambiente comes for 6.2 lacs on-road in Gurgaon. And for Hyundai to price their 1.2 i20 above that would be a complete disaster - and going by i10 features list, we shouldn't expect an extraordinary feature list for that kind of money - the basic ABS/Airbags/Integrated stereo with hopefully steering mounted controls and auto-aircon, if included, would make it a sweet deal - anything less would show that Hyundai hasn't learnt its lessons from the overpriced Getz stories of the past.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 16:45   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

As per my sources i20 is gonna be launched on 22nd Jan 09 and there's gonna be a diesel variant as well.
The date of launch may change. Will keep updating if i get any other info.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 16:57   #104
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
These pics exist since long in ACI forums and even TBHP - see here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rna-too-2.html (Hyunda i20 on test and the new verna too)

In any case, whatever Hyundai engine it may be - the 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6 - I don't mind my i20 with any one of them - they're all really good! cheers:
aha! i missed it then. well i don't think they will launch i20 in 1.2L variant. it will surely be a 1.4L or 1.6L (as per the site which he showed the proof ) i20 with 1.6 batch. Else there wont be a difference bet. i10 1.2L kappa and i20. for what we will be paying extra? for space? Nah! there must be difference in the engine spec. also. what do you say?

Ok how about this? 1.4L (all new engine) and 1.6L (verna's engine) in i20. Is that possible? i guess so because we had seen getz getting verna's engine a shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
As per my sources i20 is gonna be launched on 22nd Jan 09 and there's gonna be a diesel variant as well.
The date of launch may change. Will keep updating if i get any other info.
any info about the specifications?
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 18:01   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 293
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Else there wont be a difference bet. i10 1.2L kappa and i20. for what we will be paying extra? for space? Nah! there must be difference in the engine spec. also. what do you say?

Well the i10 was launched with a remapped Santro engine initially, rebranded as "irde" - so why not? What's wrong with a 1.2L (hopefully remapped) ~80 bhp i20 for 5.5 lacs?

Of course that doesn't rule out the possibility of a 1.4 or even a 1.6 top end version - so I think you might be right too.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop - 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift! Caught without camo on page 3 RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 82 18th February 2015 12:02
Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 263 7th April 2014 21:39
*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road synchromesh The Indian Car Scene 240 22nd March 2012 12:32
Stunning 2012 Hyundai Azera caught chevelle The International Automotive Scene 50 23rd November 2011 02:39
Caught the i again - New Hyundai i10 1.2 Asta in white ReckDriver Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 3rd December 2010 14:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks