Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th January 2009, 14:46   #211
Senior - BHPian

One good news is it appears no increase in price! They have offered many features.

If for same price those new features are provided then its worth buying new innova.

http://toyotabharat.com/inen/cars/innova/specs.asp

Vehicle is 25mm longer and weighs bit more! anyone finding changes in engine spec. ? or they used different term.

Onething still they didn't learn is no PS, no PW, no tripple row AC in lower models. Innova badly needs all these must features :(

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 28th January 2009 at 14:53.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 14:58   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Can somebody post a side-by-side snap with the old one so we can run a spot-the-difference contest?

The winner will have to TD the 'facelift' and post a review.

I hope they dont advertize this as a 'new' Innova or anything and just quietly launch it as a 2009 version of the same thing.
LOL, they actually did just that. Main page of Toyota calls it as new Innova. On clicking for Innova, the page even calls it ... drum rolls please ... all new Innova.

Shame on Toyota for having the cheek to call this new or all new.

Name:  Picture 4.png
Views: 1294
Size:  127.4 KB

Last edited by hondadude : 28th January 2009 at 15:02.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 16:54   #213
BHPian

The interactive dashboard in their website shows the old model (no on steering controls etc., old aircon controls)!
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 20:24   #214
BHPian

Still no ABS in the mid- spec version. And no white colour option in the top- spec variant. Black gone, replaced by "Grey". What a shoddy treatment Toyota is giving us

BTW, what's "New" or "All New"? I don't see anything much new. The grilles and tail lamps were on offer with after-market accessory shops.
Yeldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 21:33   #215
Senior - BHPian

Very much TRUE Yeldo. Toyota needs to learn a lot to understand India. I expected samething. they did few mistakes again this time too :(

I lost interest to buy new Innova this time too.

Ravi.
Old 28th January 2009, 21:50   #216
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Still no ABS in the mid- spec version.
Some Toyota official answered to a Journo that they launched new version relying on customer feedback, what feedback was he talking about? I & many other people sent numerous requests to Toyota to consider offering ABS on lower models too.
Innova desperately needs ABS on all variants, as braking otherwise is not great.
Im really dissapointed with the overall minimal changes too. Auto companies will have to shed this gimmick in times not so distant because now people can make out the real story underneath. I remember what Mr. Ratan Tata recently said "In future facelifts would be more substantial", Toyota needed to listen to this more than anybody, I guess!
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 22:31   #217
BHPian

i will still go for the innova because wanted to buy an innova for the past 6 months. i was waiting for the facelift to happen as it has given a not very different but a refreshing look to the vehicle. the facelift may not have lived up to the expectations but we should also consider that toyota did not hype their product as mahindra did for xylo. innova is still a lot better than its competition.
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 23:36   #218
Team-BHP Support

so what all they have added is

to the higher GX model equivalent of g4-
-electric rear view mirrors.

to the VX model equivalent of v model -
-multi information display
-optitron meters
-parking sensors
-climate control
-audio controls on steering
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 12:19   #219
BHPian

Is this the revised pricing Toyota - Pricelist or older one?
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 14:19   #220
Senior - BHPian

They didn't increase the price Diesel TOP end is costing around 13.3 lacs on road Bangalore.

I saw new Innova and it looks good. Good quality is maintained for sure.

New features offered are without any price increase its really worth. But still ABS, Power Windows, Power Steering on lower models are missing.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 29th January 2009 at 14:24.
Old 29th January 2009, 14:41   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Still no ABS in the mid- spec version. And no white colour option in the top- spec variant. Black gone, replaced by "Grey". What a shoddy treatment Toyota is giving us

BTW, what's "New" or "All New"? I don't see anything much new. The grilles and tail lamps were on offer with after-market accessory shops.
It looks more like a modified job... This face lift would not cost them any thing at all. Complete structure of the car is untouched. Not even one piece of die they need to change.
Sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 15:35   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish they would launch a real high end version of the Innova. Besides the Endeavour there is not much within that segment. At the sametime the suspension of the Endeavour is what ruins the party, this is where the Innova can score.
Add 4 more airbags- curtain and rear along with more tigh support in the middle row including leather seats would sell well too.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 16:34   #223
Senior - BHPian

Can we really compare the Innova with an Endeavour ?

As far as I understand they are both different category vehicles (MUV & SUV respectively)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I wish they would launch a real high end version of the Innova. Besides the Endeavour there is not much within that segment. At the sametime the suspension of the Endeavour is what ruins the party, this is where the Innova can score.
Add 4 more airbags- curtain and rear along with more tigh support in the middle row including leather seats would sell well too.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 17:03   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Can we really compare the Innova with an Endeavour ?

As far as I understand they are both different category vehicles (MUV & SUV respectively)
Yes but from a buyers perspective they are competion. I for one have an Endeavour and unhappy with the suspension, besides that I have no major complaints. I wouldn't mind getting an Innova as a replacement if it has enhanced luxury and safety features. Back seat comfort and space being prime importance since the car is always chauffer driven.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 00:00   #225

well. i dont think that adding a chrome gril makes it a lifted face! yup the interiors are surely looking good!
vixz16 is offline   Reply With Quote