Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2014, 17:31   #4351
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 862
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

The petrol price in Trivandrum is 'supposed to be' Rs 67.89 per liter, but I see higher amounts in many bunks. Recently I filled from a bunk at Rs 67.93 per liter (and even had an argument with the attendant). How to get this corrected (other than using the contacts at the bunk)?
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 17:40   #4352
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

KL right? Call for a bandh

Meanwhile, check prices here

http://www.mypetrolprice.com/35/Petr...-in-Trivandrum


Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
How to get this corrected (other than using the contacts at the bunk)?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 17:49   #4353
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 234
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
The petrol price in Trivandrum is 'supposed to be' Rs 67.89 per liter, but I see higher amounts in many bunks. Recently I filled from a bunk at Rs 67.93 per liter (and even had an argument with the attendant). How to get this corrected (other than using the contacts at the bunk)?
After decontrol of Petrol, you'll find a small difference in the prices between the state oil companies.

Check for the prices for Indian Oil here: http://www.iocl.com/Products/Gasoline.aspx and so on.
LithiumSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 17:58   #4354
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 862
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
After decontrol of Petrol, you'll find a small difference in the prices between the state oil companies.
But how is this possible? I thought State oil companies would have uniform pricing throughout a city.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 18:06   #4355
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,074
Thanked: 519 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
But how is this possible? I thought State oil companies would have uniform pricing throughout a city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
The petrol price in Trivandrum is 'supposed to be' Rs 67.89 per liter, but I see higher amounts in many bunks. Recently I filled from a bunk at Rs 67.93 per liter (and even had an argument with the attendant). How to get this corrected (other than using the contacts at the bunk)?
IIRC this was done as the OMC's were accused of cartelization as they all hiked rates by the exact same amount at the exact same time when they are supposed to be independently run companies. These small differences are to counter this allegation !
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 19:07   #4356
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 2,363 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

It isn't always a minor difference either. On a recent road trip, I filled up at an IOCL outlet en-route to Malegaon (MH) for 69.xx/ltr. The BP bunk a few hundred meters down the road was retailing petrol at 72.xx. I do agree it's just the fake 'we're not a cartel' hogwash.
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 19:43   #4357
BHPian
 
autobahnjpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Jaipur,Chandgrh
Posts: 134
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

In addition to the price of the fuel, equally important is the quantity and quality of the fuel. Most of the pumps cheat the consumers on this account in connivance with the people who are entrusted to keep check. There are many videos where only air is pumped out and the fuel meter goes on ticking. I try to stick to one or two pumps based on the fuel average i am getting for the vehicle. Even on highways, i try to stick to few pumps. One good indicator on highway pump is the number of trucks lined up for re-fuelling. On the price front, i wish government passes on the benefit to the end consumers.
autobahnjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 20:19   #4358
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 234
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
In addition to the price of the fuel, equally important is the quantity and quality of the fuel. Most of the pumps cheat the consumers on this account in connivance with the people who are entrusted to keep check. There are many videos where only air is pumped out and the fuel meter goes on ticking. I try to stick to one or two pumps based on the fuel average i am getting for the vehicle. Even on highways, i try to stick to few pumps. One good indicator on highway pump is the number of trucks lined up for re-fuelling. On the price front, i wish government passes on the benefit to the end consumers.
Cheating by pumps is an altogether separate issue. The vend has to sell as per the parent oil co. official price.
LithiumSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 22:05   #4359
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

The price difference between the state run companies is limited to a max of 30-40 paise. The three rupee difference should be on account of 'Speed' branded fuel being sold at the BP vend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
It isn't always a minor difference either. On a recent road trip, I filled up at an IOCL outlet en-route to Malegaon (MH) for 69.xx/ltr. The BP bunk a few hundred meters down the road was retailing petrol at 72.xx. I do agree it's just the fake 'we're not a cartel' hogwash.



Lined up trucks are a good indicator indeed but only for those in need of Black fuel. For petrol vehicles it is just another round of Russian Roulette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Even on highways, i try to stick to few pumps. One good indicator on highway pump is the number of trucks lined up for re-fuelling.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 00:58   #4360
BHPian
 
selvagp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: MAS - Chennai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

may I ask, historically what was the price of petrol / diesel in ₹ terms when crude oil was around $64 ....
selvagp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 10:03   #4361
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
may I ask, historically what was the price of petrol / diesel in ₹ terms when crude oil was around $64 ....

Last time crude was at range of $60-70 was around June 2009 (Source: http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-...x?timeframe=6y). Petrol at that time was in range of ₹48-52 (Source: http://www.mypetrolprice.com/3/Petro...0&LocationId=3)
rahulk2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 10:55   #4362
BHPian
 
gomzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 784
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Last time crude was at range of $60-70 was around June 2009, Petrol at that time was in range of ₹48-52
I think the comparison of retail petrol price vs crude prices in India in previous years, while interesting, isn't relevant as the retail fuel was subsidized back then.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 10:59   #4363
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Last time crude was at range of $60-70 was around June 2009 (Source: http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-...x?timeframe=6y). Petrol at that time was in range of ₹48-52 (Source: http://www.mypetrolprice.com/3/Petro...0&LocationId=3)
We also need to take into account that Rs Vs $ was around 48 at that time which is currently at 62 Rs per $. Considering that the current Petrol price should be in range of 60-62 Rs per liter in Mumbai.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 22:12   #4364
Senior - BHPian
 
longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,136
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Oil hits lowest in more than 5 years at $63 on supply glut. Let's see what the govt plans to do in a couple of days.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/45492682.cms
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 22:35   #4365
BHPian
 
AshBabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

I read in news today that Oil prices and tobacco prices will come under GST and almost agreement has been reached between Center and States.

Will this mean that uniform tax will be levied on petrol/diesel throughout the country? No extra taxes will be levied by the states?
AshBabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW to drop prices due to increased localisation. EDIT: New prices announced Aditya The Indian Car Scene 38 10th July 2015 21:19
Have official pioneer HU prices fallen? greenhorn In-Car Entertainment 3 11th January 2010 01:36
Hyundai Cut prices- New detailed prices. harry10 The Indian Car Scene 5 9th December 2008 00:45
Are these good prices for Tata\Fiat vehicles? Corporate Offer Prices sahakar The Indian Car Scene 15 8th July 2008 23:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks