Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 22:37   #4996
BHPian
 
ssambyal1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: 30N 76E
Posts: 263
Thanked: 588 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

With the crude oil prices touching the lowest levels in last 6 years (price $39.27 per barrel @1701Hrs GMT) the ball is again in the government's court to reduce the fuel prices to rein in inflation. This unexpected turnaround has come as a blessing in disguise which the government should exploit to the fullest to boost the economy.
ssambyal1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 08:37   #4997
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,637
Thanked: 3,051 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
With the crude oil prices touching the lowest levels in last 6 years (price $39.27 per barrel @1701Hrs GMT) the ball is again in the government's court to reduce the fuel prices to rein in inflation. This unexpected turnaround has come as a blessing in disguise which the government should exploit to the fullest to boost the economy.
Two points the price you are quoting is WTI/NYMEX which is of little interest outside the US. Brent is a better guide. Secondly, the ₹ is down to 66.87 or so. So that hurts.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 09:34   #4998
BHPian
 
ssambyal1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: 30N 76E
Posts: 263
Thanked: 588 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Two points the price you are quoting is WTI/NYMEX which is of little interest outside the US. Brent is a better guide. Secondly, the ₹ is down to 66.87 or so. So that hurts.
Thanks alot sir for the useful reply. Couldn't agree more with you. Hope that the things settle for the better for the Indian economy.

Warm Regards.
ssambyal1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 09:53   #4999
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,215
Thanked: 598 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Anyone get a similar feeling in India?:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...rdly-expensive

"Prices at the pump are now almost three times as high as oil on a per-barrel basis, the biggest gap on record."
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 11:40   #5000
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 740 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Any chance of the fuel price for petrol to go down in on 1st of the coming month or we would have to wait for the 15th of sep for same ?

Thanks
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 17:18   #5001
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,637
Thanked: 3,051 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Any chance of the fuel price for petrol to go down in on 1st of the coming month or we would have to wait for the 15th of sep for same ?
There was a $1+ spike overnight in India's basket, so fingers crossed! Yes, overall the trend is towards softening, which will accelerate once Iran gets into the act fully.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 17:50   #5002
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 621
Thanked: 651 Times
Default

With crude oil prices going down, Why are automobile oil products not getting cheaper ?
dean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 00:27   #5003
BHPian
 
thatsdileep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 249
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Coming from Oil and gas business background, honestly I'm not happy the way the oil price is dropping. I would rather pay higher fuel prices with a secured job than risk loosing it at low oil prices.

Oil price drop is hurting the global energy sector severely with a lot of future projects being shelved and current spendings being chopped by good margins. The worst affected are the oil exporting countries. One might think that importing country like India might benefit out of this but rupee is going down as well. I suspect these low oil prices will prevail for another 1-1.5 yrs at least. This is not good and if the drop continues we might see another crisis.
thatsdileep is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 12:06   #5004
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,761
Thanked: 365 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Coming from Oil and gas business background, honestly I'm not happy the way the oil price is dropping. I would rather pay higher fuel prices with a secured job than risk loosing it at low oil prices.

Oil price drop is hurting the global energy sector severely with a lot of future projects being shelved and current spendings being chopped by good margins. The worst affected are the oil exporting countries. One might think that importing country like India might benefit out of this but rupee is going down as well. I suspect these low oil prices will prevail for another 1-1.5 yrs at least. This is not good and if the drop continues we might see another crisis.
Isn't this all about not being happy that oil companies are forced to work with reduced margins? Oil companies have minted money for many decades. All the typical overheads and inefficiencies will need to be done away in this 'tough time'.

I see this no different from any other industry. Sorry, no sympathies from my side as a consumer.
The only one making a killing in this is the GoI who keeps in increasing various taxes and keeps making unprecedented money. I just hope that the money is used in a good way.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 12:23   #5005
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

The price revision is due tonight. However with the crude rebounding by 17% in two trading sessions and INR depreciating against the Greenback, I do not expect any price cuts.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 17:24   #5006
BHPian
 
sumzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Dear Friends just checked the website now and found it to be old news. Sorry for inconvenience caused

Last edited by sumzup : 31st August 2015 at 17:41. Reason: news of 2013; did not verify before posting as got it from a regular source
sumzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 18:51   #5007
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 436
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Petrol price cut by 2 Rs and diesel by 0.5 Rs
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 18:54   #5008
BHPian
 
shahbaz.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 32
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Petrol price slashed more than that of diesel for a change. Thats a welcome move.
shahbaz.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 18:59   #5009
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,713
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Petrol price cut by 2 Rs and diesel by 0.5 Rs
Considering that the barrel cost is low, the cut should have been more. Now that the price cut in petrol is more compared to diesel, are we heading towards a stage where the prices of both the fuels will be nearly the same??
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 19:11   #5010
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 255
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Contrary to the popular trend here..
With the Rupee fall, Govt. should increase the tax to shore up some forex (assuming that the demand is elastic!). That would hurt many of us (yes, including myself), but that is probably how the Govt. should move its population to more energy stingy ways of transport!

PS: I personally believe that fuel pricing is one major way in which Govt. can drive the auto industry in line with its policies. Higher prices would move older vehicles out of road for example.
babu.sundaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW to drop prices due to increased localisation. EDIT: New prices announced Aditya The Indian Car Scene 38 10th July 2015 21:19
Have official pioneer HU prices fallen? greenhorn In-Car Entertainment 3 11th January 2010 01:36
Hyundai Cut prices- New detailed prices. harry10 The Indian Car Scene 5 9th December 2008 00:45
Are these good prices for Tata\Fiat vehicles? Corporate Offer Prices sahakar The Indian Car Scene 15 8th July 2008 23:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks