Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 16:39   #571
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Already doing car pooling. Now have to think of bike pooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I thought it would be 3rs hike on petrol... 5 is gona pinch:(
It sure would. I think in Bangalore, the price of petrol will be around Rs.60.

I wish the new govt to cut the sales tax and various cesses on petrol and diesel in Bangalore. This certainly will be populist move if they do this.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th June 2008 at 17:11. Reason: back to back posts: See note in post
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:42   #572
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

more or less the same as Bangalore my friend
in fact i think Bangalore/ Karnataka has the highest price of Petrol and Diesel today.
But to echo my earlier thoughts and the thoughts of several others on this thread - what else can be done? We, as the public cant expect to be insulated from Market forces forever no?
The Fuel price hike is inevitable- we might as well accept it and start thinking about how to save Fuel and economise a bit.
It is truly sad that there may be rationing of LPG also, but I suppose, there is a way out if one is prepared to pay for it.
It is most unfortunate though, that we still dont have parity in price across India (being one nation) and this may not happen even in the foreseeable future.



Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
In Baroda Diesel was already at 36.35 per L before the hike. Now its going to be in the range of 40 per L. Higher than all the major cities
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:45   #573
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,544
Thanked: 1,075 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
In Baroda Diesel was already at 36.35 per L before the hike. Now its going to be in the range of 40 per L. Higher than all the major cities
And lets not forget that we have a refinery in Vadodara city itself.
Petrol in Delhi will now be 50.X rs./ltr. And think of us, we pay close to rs. 55/ ltr.!


OT : We now know why Vadodara is left behind in development
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:48   #574
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Is this true only for vadodara or are the prices higher in all of gujarat ?

And does anyone have some numbers about Govt utilization of petrol and diesel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
And lets not forget that we have a refinery in Vadodara city itself.
Petrol in Delhi will now be 50.X rs./ltr. And think of us, we pay close to rs. 55/ ltr.!


OT : We now know why Vadodara is left behind in development
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:53   #575
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 924
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Gujarat has one of the highest rates of Sales Tax on petroleum products in the country:
1. Andhra
2. Maharashtra
3. Gujarat

In this order if I am not mistaken.
SumitB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:55   #576
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

IIRC, Fuel has VAT @ 26.5 or maybe 28 %


Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Gujarat has one of the highest rates of Sales Tax on petroleum products in the country:
1. Andhra
2. Maharashtra
3. Gujarat

In this order if I am not mistaken.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:56   #577
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,544
Thanked: 1,075 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Is this true only for vadodara or are the prices higher in all of gujarat ?

And does anyone have some numbers about Govt utilization of petrol and diesel ?
No I really dont know.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Gujarat has one of the highest rates of Sales Tax on petroleum products in the country:
1. Andhra
2. Maharashtra
3. Gujarat

In this order if I am not mistaken.
Thanks for the information.

And now think of A'bad and Surat. They will (mostly ) be buying only Premium fuel!
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:56   #578
BHPian
 
jeetu4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

This price hike will surely pinch all of us,but we cant do much about it . Start doing more car pools ,and try and save every drop !
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:58   #579
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 924
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

If the govt. removes all taxes on petroleum products then we would be paying about 15 rs. for a litre of petrol and about 18 on diesel.
SumitB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 17:19   #580
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Any break-ups to support this statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
If the govt. removes all taxes on petroleum products then we would be paying about 15 rs. for a litre of petrol and about 18 on diesel.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 17:32   #581
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Saw HUGE lines in front of all the fuel bunks I crossed. My travel time was increased by 40mins!!
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 18:09   #582
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,238
Thanked: 5,548 Times
Default

Hyderabad is getting ready for indefinate strikes by Cab operators, autorickshaws.

Empty roads. But are they worth the extra cost of fuel.

Whatever, I have made peace with the fact that prices will rise and rise and then rise again.

Last edited by bblost : 4th June 2008 at 18:13.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 18:21   #583
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,015
Thanked: 6,048 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
The envitable happenend, Rs.5 is bit surprising, I was expecting Rs.3

I may have to cut down on my daily Car rides to office, to start with, I was thinking of 3 days by Car & 2 days by Bike....!
Why would you like to cut-down on your daily car rides to work? Will Rs.500 more a month really make that much of a difference? Assuming you use 100L/Month. Another option is to cut corners somewhere else.

I would just cut corners elsewhere ( we IT folks have loads of areas that we can curb our expenses) not that i personally need to and continue driving to work. Just a thought, no hard feelings!

These price hikes are bound to happen going in future and we need to convert our nerves to steel to take on this impact
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 18:22   #584
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

All of us are going to have to economise now, and we will that is for sure.
But the thing thats bugging me is that all the govt vehicles will be running the same way as before. No changes there, because they're not paying out of their own pocket.

Imagine the amount of fuel we could save if all the 'VIPs' travelled in a single car instead of a motorcade of so many vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
more or less the same as Bangalore my friend
in fact i think Bangalore/ Karnataka has the highest price of Petrol and Diesel today.
But to echo my earlier thoughts and the thoughts of several others on this thread - what else can be done? We, as the public cant expect to be insulated from Market forces forever no?
The Fuel price hike is inevitable- we might as well accept it and start thinking about how to save Fuel and economise a bit.
It is truly sad that there may be rationing of LPG also, but I suppose, there is a way out if one is prepared to pay for it.
It is most unfortunate though, that we still dont have parity in price across India (being one nation) and this may not happen even in the foreseeable future.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 18:23   #585
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 924
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Any break-ups to support this statement?

I cannot give you individual breakup at the moment but Customs Duty (now removed), Excise Duty, CST and VAT make up for 33 rs. for every litre of petrol.
SumitB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW to drop prices due to increased localisation. EDIT: New prices announced Aditya The Indian Car Scene 38 10th July 2015 21:19
Have official pioneer HU prices fallen? greenhorn In-Car Entertainment 3 11th January 2010 01:36
Hyundai Cut prices- New detailed prices. harry10 The Indian Car Scene 5 9th December 2008 00:45
Are these good prices for Tata\Fiat vehicles? Corporate Offer Prices sahakar The Indian Car Scene 15 8th July 2008 23:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks