Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2005, 14:12   #76
BHPian
 
vinsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Patna
Posts: 610
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hey cream,
I guess when u said this country sucks, u actually meant the laws and other stuff like price hikes, taxes etc that suck and not the 'country'...

Nyways, mera bharat mahaan.. oh wait a min, does that make one a scoundrel....

_I come in Peace_
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2005, 14:19   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
typeOnegative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vikhroli, Mumbai, India
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

This is going off topic, but I guess Cream was just expressing his disgust. Please don't get worked up.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 17:26   #78
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 21,256
Thanked: 11,456 Times
Default

This is an old article from Business Standard, it claims diesel and petrol prices will be become same by 2006. Since all trucks depend on diesel, can the government really afford to do it? Won't that result in massive inflation?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 17:49   #79
BHPian
 
Scuderia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre sito
You heard right but thats the price hike for april the price is gonna be hiked up by about the same amount in may.
Also we here in Maharashtra pay more tax than anywhere else in india.Also fuel in bombay is slightly expensive than what it is in New Bombay and stuff.
All those who think that LPG is the alternative forget it as these are the disadvantages of LPG told to me by a dealer of LPG kits:-
1> Performace of your engine drops marginally
2> Top speed drops by abt 10 kmph
3> The average you get is nearly half of what you get with petrol
4> Boot space is lost
5> The cost of the kit is abt 25000
Summing the above points up you get the fact clear about LPG =====>
You LOOSE RS 25,000 in the installation & you get HALF THE AVERAGE of what you get in petrol for HALF THE PRICE OF PETROL & you also LOOSE OUT ON TOP SPEED AND PERFORMANCE OF ENGINE.
Conclusion Dont waste your money on LPG kits.

Dude

I doubt the above conclusion

1. LPG kits start at 12000-15000. In fact u have second hand kits avail nowadays for as low as 8k

2. There isnt a drop in ur mileage. U get more or less the same as wid petrol.

3. There is a slight drop in ur power, but not more than 5-7%

to top it all, LPG is at literaly HALF THE PRICE OF PETROL

n wid news of the prices goin up again.. i strongly feel its a good option.

P.S.
Guys pls stop abusing our country. If u think it sucks, do something about it rather than cribing.

Me proud of my country.. INDIA ROCKS!!!
Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 17:50   #80
BHPian
 
Scuderia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre sito
You heard right but thats the price hike for april the price is gonna be hiked up by about the same amount in may.
Also we here in Maharashtra pay more tax than anywhere else in india.Also fuel in bombay is slightly expensive than what it is in New Bombay and stuff.
All those who think that LPG is the alternative forget it as these are the disadvantages of LPG told to me by a dealer of LPG kits:-
1> Performace of your engine drops marginally
2> Top speed drops by abt 10 kmph
3> The average you get is nearly half of what you get with petrol
4> Boot space is lost
5> The cost of the kit is abt 25000
Summing the above points up you get the fact clear about LPG =====>
You LOOSE RS 25,000 in the installation & you get HALF THE AVERAGE of what you get in petrol for HALF THE PRICE OF PETROL & you also LOOSE OUT ON TOP SPEED AND PERFORMANCE OF ENGINE.
Conclusion Dont waste your money on LPG kits.

Dude

I doubt the above conclusion

1. LPG kits start at 12000-15000. In fact u have second hand kits avail nowadays for as low as 8k

2. There isnt a drop in ur mileage. U get more or less the same as wid petrol.

3. There is a slight drop in ur power, but not more than 5-7%

to top it all, LPG is at literaly HALF THE PRICE OF PETROL

n wid news of the prices goin up again.. i strongly feel its a good option.

P.S.
Guys pls stop abusing our country. If u think it sucks, do something about it rather than cribing.
Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 21:32   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
X-Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mumbai/Tokyo
Posts: 1,476
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Guys,just got to know that the petrol prices are going up by 2.80rs in Mumbai and 5rs in Pune.Now i dont know whats going on with the Government.
Why such a move!!!

An employee at a BP pump told me that fuel in Pune has always been expensive than Mumbai.Can anyone confirm please??

X
X-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2005, 22:00   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
speedsatya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bangalore/manga
Posts: 3,157
Thanked: 702 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Guys,just got to know that the petrol prices are going up by 2.80rs in Mumbai and 5rs in Pune.Now i dont know whats going on with the Government.
Why such a move!!!

An employee at a BP pump told me that fuel in Pune has always been expensive than Mumbai.Can anyone confirm please??

X

no i dont think its more expensive in pune.its more or less the same in mumbai and pune.

i think its Nagpur where fuel is the most expensive

Last edited by speedsatya : 30th March 2005 at 22:01.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 12:59   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,354
Thanked: 810 Times
Default

In Delhi there is going to be a price hike of about rs 2 so guys fill up your tanks now.
I think Banglore is the most expensive.
48 bucks for power wheras here its 44 bucks.
Looks like Diesel is the way to go unless you want LPG.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 14:16   #84
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 261
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

i wonder where all this price rise will lead into?
paying rs100 for a litreof gas?
v_s_natarajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 14:21   #85
BHPian
 
vinsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Patna
Posts: 610
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Rs 48/L in B'lore?!!!! Woah man, Take u'r tanks full at the earliest.....
This is insane stuff.... Do this in Kerala, atleast we'l have some strike and stuff... hehehee..
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2005, 17:33   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
veyron1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,424
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Rs 48/L in B'lore?!!!! Woah man, Take u'r tanks full at the earliest.....
This is insane stuff.... Do this in Kerala, atleast we'l have some strike and stuff... hehehee..
strike?just strikes?now there's an understatement!!!
but i don't the the prices will increase anytime soon, due to the stabilization of prices all over recently, and more importantly, due to the central govt.'s interference.
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2005, 12:51   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Guys
I was born/educated in Nagpur and now live in Bangalore.. I must be the dude keeping the oil companies rolling in the moolah .

LPG is definitely more economical.
12 years ago, I used to drive my Premier Padmini on LPG. Converted it myself by fabricating a gas carb to sit on top of the petrol carb. This used to give me close to 300KM on one domestic LPG cylinder which used to be 75 bucks those days = 0.25 RS/Km. I also had an Ind-Suzuki bike which used to do around 60KM on a liter of petrol which was 30 bucks = 0.5 RS/Km. So you know what was the drive of choice.

Performance actually increased to 100+ KMPH (touching 120) on a PP!!
I used to lug around 2 cylinders and open up the second one on the highways.. It was kind of like a turbo boost ;-)

Anyway, the cost to pay for all the R&D was- multiple sets of clutch plates, brakes and exhaust systems.
nitinbhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2005, 09:54   #88
BHPian
 
Scuderia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 5 Times
Default a hike in fuel prices.. AGAIN??

guys

chances are that the prices may increase further

read this ::

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/apr/06petro1.htm

Dunno whether its a speculation
Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2005, 10:12   #89
BHPian
 
Harrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KA 03, KL 12, TN 38
Posts: 698
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Just read in today's Times of India that there will not be a hike in fuel prices in the near future. Suddenly of late the Reva seems to be a viable option to me.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2005, 10:15   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
iceman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: melbourne/bangalore
Posts: 1,958
Thanked: 21 Times
Default


they have said fro another fortnight there is nothing to worry. after a fortnight the ministry is going to decide.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW to drop prices due to increased localisation. EDIT: New prices announced Aditya The Indian Car Scene 38 10th July 2015 21:19
Have official pioneer HU prices fallen? greenhorn In-Car Entertainment 3 11th January 2010 01:36
Hyundai Cut prices- New detailed prices. harry10 The Indian Car Scene 5 9th December 2008 00:45
Are these good prices for Tata\Fiat vehicles? Corporate Offer Prices sahakar The Indian Car Scene 15 8th July 2008 23:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks