Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2011, 19:17   #571
BHPian

Default Re: SX4 Diesel - Is it on the cards? Update: Pics on Pg 33

Have gone through the entire threads on SX4 diesel and am very impressed with the comments of the team members. Am eagerly waiting for the launch. Think the Zdi version would be priced between 8.5 - 9.0 Lacs. They will have to price it below the VW Vento. It will be a value for money buy. The famed tried, tested and extremely frugal Swift DDIS engine with VGT souped up to provide 90 bhp, ABS, EBD, Twin airbags, electrical OVRM's, 205/60 R16 tyres, automatic climate control, not to mention the dealer availability at every corner of the city and the cheap spares.

Am currently using a Swift Vdi done 57000 kms and would be selling the same to upgrade to the SX4. The troublefree performance of the Swift Vdi gives me the confidence that the SX4 Diesel too would be a great buy... Have already planned what all I'm going to do once I get my hands on one. Firstly change the tyres to soft Michelins (I've seen quite a few SX4 petrol shod with cheap OEM's which simply refuse to wear out and become so hard so as to spoil the suspension & ride quality !!!), change the air filter to K&N (would have the same air filter box as the Swift's ? ), Change the front disc pads to Hawk performance pads... (the version abroad has discs in the rear too !!! ) Am also quite keen on a better music system than the one that the Zdi comes shod with ... something with navigator cum reverse camera included... Lets see !!!
Old 13th February 2011, 09:02   #572
Senior - BHPian

With the launch of the SX4 Diesel the life will get tougher for Honda City. Though it has held on to it usual 4000-5000 mark per month after the Vento's launch. Maruti's bigger Sales and Service network should see the cumulative sales of the SX4 ( P+D) touch 3500 mark.

MSIL should also start planning for a successoe to the SX4. It will turn 4 in May and looks a bit dated in comparison to the City, Vento and the Linea.

This segment should become a lot more interesting with the New Fiesta, Verna and GM sedan likely to debut in quick succession.

The fly in the ointment can be if the FM decids to tax the cars more especially the Diesel variants.
Old 13th February 2011, 14:46   #573
BHPian

One reason I prefer a maruti is a very old ad of them I remember. A very big shoe mentioning "Our network" and containing a small shoe inside it titled "their network"....
Old 14th February 2011, 12:42   #574
BHPian

Review SX4 Diesel with pics on Motoroids
Review: Maruti Suzuki SX4 diesel
Old 14th February 2011, 12:54   #575
BHPian

The review at the above Motoroids link says "ZDi version with 15 inch alloys". Hope its a typo.
Old 14th February 2011, 13:44   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
The review at the above Motoroids link says "ZDi version with 15 inch alloys". Hope its a typo.
Must be a typo, since the picture shows alloys similar to the stock 16" that the ZXi now comes with.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:12   #577
Senior - BHPian

SX4 Diesel bookings have started already. One Team BHP member in Delhi has already booked SX4 ZDi. The launch date told to him is 18th Feb.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:41   #578
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend also booked SX4 LDI in Cuddalore, TN today. The dealer told him that Maruti has asked to start the booking. He paid Rs. 25,000 for the booking. On the pricing front, the dealer told him that it would be 60-70K above the petrol variant.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:46   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
SX4 Diesel bookings have started already. One Team BHP member in Delhi has already booked SX4 ZDi. The launch date told to him is 18th Feb.
Any news about the bookings in Pune? I had asked someone to enquire at Chowgule Motors and those guys said it isnt this month and they still have to be trained. Demo cars have arrived, though unfortunately dont have anyone I can rely on to go have a look :(
I am apprehensive the booking time would go up by the time I can go to the showroom (end March)
Old 15th February 2011, 15:00   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
One of my friend also booked SX4 LDI in Cuddalore, TN today.
SX4 LDi? I thought only VDi and ZDi are coming.

If LDi is coming, then its price should be on par with Petrol VXi. Or just a 20K premium also will be OK.

BTW, what all features will Maruti remove from the 'VXi' to make it 'LDi'?
Old 15th February 2011, 15:20   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

If LDi is coming, then its price should be on par with Petrol VXi. Or just a 20K premium also will be OK.

May be remove the power steering and disc brakes I don't think they will have LDI at all.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:44   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
May be remove the power steering and disc brakes I don't think they will have LDI at all.
Let me stand corrected. Its my bad.
My friend booked the entry level version of SX4 diesel due to budget constraints. I thought its LDI, but not sure. I will check with him again.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:00   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
yeah even i have confirmed that the launch is on 18th.

As for the pricing. If MS is going to price it at 50k to 70k above petrol version then effectively it will be 1.2 lacs to 1.4 lacs above the discounted price of petrol sx4. I am not cheering because of that just yet. :P
Old 15th February 2011, 17:20   #584
BHPian

From what I could gather, There is going to be no LDI.

Only ZDI is going to be rolled out initially which would breach the 10 mark. VDI is atleast 2-3 months away.

10 or close to 10 for SX4 is losing sheen in my list. MUL should have atleast done some cosmetic changes like the IKON TDCI.

Linea or Vento still scores IMHO for that kinda money
Old 15th February 2011, 19:13   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post

Linea or Vento still scores IMHO for that kinda money
I second that.. Altho being a Maruti loyalist for the last 10 years, a refreshing change from the maruti stable is what i was looking forward to. Also, the 1.3L diesel engine is done to death for the last 4-5 years and IMO is absolutely insipid for large sedans
Closed Thread