Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th September 2008, 15:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Just been offered a 41,000/- discount plus free anti-corrosion treatment (huh?) on the NHC VTEC+ as clearance offer, taking the ex-showroom in Goa to approx 8,50,000/- as against 9,00,000/-. Is this worth it?
I would recommend a new City any day as it is already launched. It has more responsive engine and will come with ABS and airbags as std fitment even to the base model. The FE claimed is also better than the current model. Moreover, it is a new model and the resale, if planned in next 3~5 years, will fetch more money.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 16:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I would recommend a new City any day as it is already launched. It has more responsive engine and will come with ABS and airbags as std fitment even to the base model. The FE claimed is also better than the current model. Moreover, it is a new model and the resale, if planned in next 3~5 years, will fetch more money.
Not worth it, 50K is peanuts for the changes that have come about. Dump the deal.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 17:29   #18
BHPian

The corporate discount is always available with all the dealers, I was given hefty discounts on the old model fiesta and was given an image that i wont get the same in the new model.. But i still did get 30K+ Discounts on the newer model as corporate discounts.

So it's better you wait for the newer model, and get your discounts on that. But it will not be the same amount for the new model.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 17:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Sorry I should have clarified, the NHC VTEC+ comes fitted with ABS, airbags, alloys, leather seats/steering. So any fresh thoughts?
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 17:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I should have clarified, the NHC VTEC+ comes fitted with ABS, airbags, alloys, leather seats/steering. So any fresh thoughts?
dude, 8.5L ex show room is not worth it. The new City will come fully loaded at <8.4 L. It will have a much better engine, better interior space. Only thing you will miss is leather+alloys. Considering that now, VTEC+ is not worth anything more than 8L ex showroom. Dump the offer.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 21:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I have already explained this in my post. TD the new 3rd gen city and the 2nd gen VTEC and you will find the difference. Take your pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
dude, 8.5L ex show room is not worth it. The new City will come fully loaded at <8.4 L. It will have a much better engine, better interior space. Only thing you will miss is leather+alloys. Considering that now, VTEC+ is not worth anything more than 8L ex showroom. Dump the offer.

Last edited by snaronikar : 27th September 2008 at 21:07.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 21:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Thanks
My thoughts exactly and that is what I replied to the offer.
Let's see if they up the ante.
Old 5th October 2008, 08:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford is offering a discount this month too. A Fiesta TuraTorq EXi is about 50k odd cheaper, but invoicing will need to be done within the month.

p.s: I thought there's another thread where we were discussing year-end discounts.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 09:52   #24
BHPian

Almost a lac for the 1.5 and much more for the (not so moving) 1.3's. I'm guessing the NHC VTEC would fall in the latter category... IMO, folks should bargain hard for anything between 1.5~2 lac to make it an excellent deal... I guess you will have to wait until the ANHC hits our road this Nov, and then you can negotiate hard... all the best!

Quote:
The discounts are because of the imminent demise of the NHC, and the birth of the Newer Honda City.
But that is a seriously good offer. I seem to remember Honda had something similar 5-7 years ago when the old Honda city was discontinued and the NHC was introduced. Anyone here remembers what they were offered on clearance stocks of OHC?

Last edited by AirWind : 6th October 2008 at 09:54.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 10:28   #25
BHPian

Corporate offers have been there for long time now. I got 20K off as part of the corporate deal. The value they offer also differs from company to company.
Now, they are extending to all the corporates and retail buyers as they are trying to make way for the 3rd generation Honda City.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 11:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
muralisk : Corporate offers have been there for long time now. .
Well, the concept is not new. The discounts we are discussing is the additional stuff that may not be open to the public. Such discounts are not there all the time, and we need to catch them when they are around.

eg:
* Hyundai gave a 25k discount in August, but only 7k in September.
* Ford has a good discount going since last month (cash discount, not the sparking diamonds offer)
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2008, 10:29   #27
BHPian

What is the latest Honda is offering on the Gxi and NHC VTEc+. Anyone?
Old 9th October 2008, 15:25   #28
BHPian

Honda's current offer seems to be around 60k discount on the Gxi variant. I saw this in some newspaper 2days back. But still dude, why would you want to settle for the Gxi with such a sloppy engine. Rather it would be worth to buy the E-variant in the latest launched model.
Since at this price of 8lacs On-road, you will get a very good Fiesta S. So do think back, if you are in 8lac segment, then go for Fiesta S. or else if you are ok to spend more and stick to Honda only, then you better wait till nov and buy the new one that has been launched.
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote