Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd January 2009, 21:30   #31
BHPian

sdasdasdasdasdHi All,

I have booked the Alto LXi (White color) in couple of weeks back in Mumbai.

The price of the Alto (On Road) was 305500 with a discount of 15000 (Dealer Discount) + 4500 (Corporate Discount) = 19500.

So the car cost came to 286000.

Also got the following freebies
  1. Floor Matting (MGA)
  2. Mud Flaps (NMGA)
  3. Steering Cover (MGA)
  4. Engine Light (NMGA)
  5. CD Visor
  6. Sun Film (Filmpro Carbon 35)
  7. Wheel Cap
  8. Neck Rest
  9. Mobile Charger + Cigarette Lighter
  10. Spot Light (MGA)
  11. Side Strip (MGA)
  12. Bumper Moulding (NMGA)
  13. Air Freshner (MGA)
  14. Door Scratch Protector (4 Doors)
  15. Body Cover (MGA)
  16. Teflon/Anti Rust Coating
* MGA- Maruti Genuine Accesories, NMGA- Non Maruti Genuine Accesories

Got these many freebies because a friend of mine booked the WagonR with me, hence could bargain better.

Planning to take MGA Power Windows for the front and MGA security system for the Alto with the dealer itself. They are charging me 11000 for it

Also Body colored Bumpers, Handles and internally adjustable Rear view mirrors. Paying 5000/- for it.

Just as an option (havent finalized it from where I should take it). Exchanging the stock tyres with tubess tyres. Dealer says I will need to pay 4000 extra (in exchange for all 5 tyres). No brand confirmed now, can be confirmed only at the time of delivery.

Total Cost of Car

On Road(Panvel) of Alto 305000
Discount -19500
Power Window + Sec Sys 11000
Body Colored Bumper, Mirrors 5000

Grand Total 301000

Hope that was a good deal. Planning to take the delivery of the car by the end of this month.
Heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 16:51   #32
BHPian

what the....

You got the Alto for the price of 800. Did you black mail the sales man or what?
ritz830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 17:43   #33
Team-BHP Support

That is a really really sweet deal heman. Congratulations !!!

And tubeless tyres make a lot of sense and totally worth the 4k you would have to pay. Go for it
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 23:38   #34
BHPian

Just need to ask, how is the MGA Alto Security System?

What are the features?
Old 10th January 2009, 09:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thats good deal. Even 4000/- on tubeless after exchnage is good deal. insist on 145/80 R12 Michellin XM1+, all 5 tyres. Don't settle for any other tubeless tyre because Michellin is best tyre after using it for 2500km in my Alto.

I am using NIPPON MGA remote lock on my Alto, its decent and works for my expectations, I have made lot of settings for my requirement and it worked perfect.

Settings:

1. Automatically locks 20 secs. after putting keys and switching on ignition.
2. It don't unlock automatically when car is switched off.
3. Sound is muted when lock/unlcok.
4. When drive side door is locked all 4 windows rolls up automatically. I know this facility might be disadvantages too but as long as we watch out windows go up no issues.

My AutoCOP Power Window rolls up windows automatically when car is locked.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 00:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thats good deal. Even 4000/- on tubeless after exchnage is good deal. insist on 145/80 R12 Michellin XM1+, all 5 tyres. Don't settle for any other tubeless tyre because Michellin is best tyre after using it for 2500km in my Alto.
Thank you for the suggestion.

One more question, Any ideas for alloys?
Since I was thinking or going with Alloys right now than go for it later. The thought process behind this was I might get a better value for the steel rims now than later (Though I dont know the value)
Quote:

I am using NIPPON MGA remote lock on my Alto, its decent and works for my expectations, I have made lot of settings for my requirement and it worked perfect.

Settings:

1. Automatically locks 20 secs. after putting keys and switching on ignition.
2. It don't unlock automatically when car is switched off.
3. Sound is muted when lock/unlcok.
4. When drive side door is locked all 4 windows rolls up automatically. I know this facility might be disadvantages too but as long as we watch out windows go up no issues.

My AutoCOP Power Window rolls up windows automatically when car is locked.
Do you have a manual for the Nippon MGA?
Is Nippon the only company which is MGA or there are others?

I am taking Power Windows from the Dealer itself(Should be like the VXi). Will it have the feature of windows rolling up automatically when car is locked?
Old 11th January 2009, 06:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

ravibhat : How much did you pay for NIPPON MGA remote lock ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 12:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
ravibhat : How much did you pay for NIPPON MGA remote lock ?
Paying 11000 for the Fr. Power Windows & Nippon Security(Assuming it is Nippon, I was just told it will be MGA).
Old 11th January 2009, 20:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

If budget permits I suggest go for Alloys, I have Plati Alloys cost around 12500/- for set of 5. However steel RIMS would work perfect as well. You would get max. 200/- for each steel RIMS you sell, so go for alloys based on your budget.

I suggest AutoCOP Remote lock and power windows but its your choice to choose NIPPON MGA Remote whic is fine as well and it works perfect only issue I noticed is it has weak components hence you need to be near car to operate it unless autocop has better range.

I am second owner. First owner had baught remote lock and I have baught only Power Windows(front and back), alloys, Michellin XM1+ tyres.

I do have mannual of all these items dumped in my storage area. I know only about AutoCOP power window which would roll up automatically don't know about which brand MGA sells.

I suggest go for remote lock and power window in same place and same time because installation would be easy and save time.

About 11000/- Fr. power windows (5000/-) and Nippon Security (6000/-)is right deal, however see if you can negotiate it for 10,000/- which should be best deal, but you know there are 2 or 3 models so unless we know model number and details its difficult to tell about exact price. I found even power windows come in different variant but not much differnace in cost (1500/- differance i think).

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 11th January 2009 at 20:12.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 23:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
If budget permits I suggest go for Alloys, I have Plati Alloys cost around 12500/- for set of 5. However steel RIMS would work perfect as well. You would get max. 200/- for each steel RIMS you sell, so go for alloys based on your budget.
I want to go for alloys, but I am confused whether I should go for the Alloys now or after some time. Also should I buy the 12" tubess and Alloys or 13"?
Quote:
I suggest AutoCOP Remote lock and power windows but its your choice to choose NIPPON MGA Remote whic is fine as well and it works perfect only issue I noticed is it has weak components hence you need to be near car to operate it unless autocop has better range.
Actually I was just told that I will get MGA power Windows & Security, but I dont know whether they are Nippon or something else.

Quote:
I do have mannual of all these items dumped in my storage area. I know only about AutoCOP power window which would roll up automatically don't know about which brand MGA sells.
It would be nice if you can forward me the Manuals. The Model number (as per givn in the accessories vooklet of Alto) is 99000M99452 or 99000M99434

Quote:
I suggest go for remote lock and power window in same place and same time because installation would be easy and save time.
Yes, I am going at the dealer itself.

Quote:
About 11000/- Fr. power windows (5000/-) and Nippon Security (6000/-)is right deal, however see if you can negotiate it for 10,000/- which should be best deal, but you know there are 2 or 3 models so unless we know model number and details its difficult to tell about exact price. I found even power windows come in different variant but not much differnace in cost (1500/- differance i think).

I did try to fix the deal at 10000 but the dealer was very adamant for 11000, considering I am taking so many things for free. I thought it is ok at 11000 also.