Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th May 2009, 15:01   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Ram, is there any truth in the following rumour that I came across on another thread ? I would say no way is the Baleno being resurrected by MSIL, but just wanted to confirm with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
There is a modified Baleno with exteriors & Tuned better coming from the Suzuki. Wait for couple of months, you can have it. This is a confidential information shared by Maruti Guy.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 16:51   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Ram, is there any truth in the following rumour that I came across on another thread ? I would say no way is the Baleno being resurrected by MSIL, but just wanted to confirm with you.

No chance. But I wish the rumor is true! It was such a nice "sporty-stance" car for me.
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 16:58   #168
Senior - BHPian

If true, dont understand how relaunching the Baleno will work since Maruti aldready has a compact sedan in the Dzire which they cant make enough of.
shortbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 18:49   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
If true, dont understand how relaunching the Baleno will work since Maruti aldready has a compact sedan in the Dzire which they cant make enough of.
If the rumor is true, I'm sure Maruti wish to keep an exclusivity factor with their models. They are launching too many models in the same category, thus dividing the sales among them.
romeomidhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 19:35   #170
BHPian

Then, its time to bring in their SX4 diesel version.

MARUTI, you listening?[/quote]

i totally agree with you. with the diesel engine the sx4 would be a stellar compared to the oddly styled dzire.
vivekanand005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 21:34   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk
There is a modified Baleno with exteriors & Tuned better coming from the Suzuki. Wait for couple of months, you can have it. This is a confidential information shared by Maruti Guy.
This has to be the joke of the year!. This 'kdeepakk' and the 'Maruti Guy' are wicked!.

Last edited by nickatnite : 8th May 2009 at 21:35.
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 23:11   #172
Senior - BHPian

Hey supreme nothing like this but if you think in deapth-SX4 was the new baleno before launch,OH i am giving ideas here and thats why i am here lolz.So new baleno with certain tweaks was one of my prayer in one of my posts.So put 1 and 1 together and read and enjoy,Dont expect our old good baleno again.

cheers

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote